What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

3 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

I'm really curious what the Kappa/Givi relationship is.  Kappa has basically a matching part lineup (with the same part numbers, just different letters) and is just branded differently but otherwise seemingly identical.  I strongly suspect they are in fact the same company, just with a "premium" label and higher prices.  

The alternative would be that they're just straight up copying Givi products *exactly*, but I'd think they'd run into legal issues there.  After all, even the included instructions in their products aren't "just like" the Givi instructions, but they are *exactly* the same instructions.  

Kappa used to be called Cappa, but they were bought by Givi, in the early 1990's , who slightly changed the name. So they are sort of separate companies with the same ownership etc.

19 hours ago, Samaha said:

This just arrived from Italy (Kappa Top Box K47nn Manta Monolock System)

IMG_3277.jpg

Forget the top box! Star Wars helmet 😎

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

59 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

I'm really curious what the Kappa/Givi relationship is.  Kappa has basically a matching part lineup (with the same part numbers, just different letters) and is just branded differently but otherwise seemingly identical.  I strongly suspect they are in fact the same company, just with a "premium" label and higher prices.  

The alternative would be that they're just straight up copying Givi products *exactly*, but I'd think they'd run into legal issues there.  After all, even the included instructions in their products aren't "just like" the Givi instructions, but they are *exactly* the same instructions.  

You are correct.  On their website, it states the following:

Born in 1956 as Cappa, the young brand was developed in Italy under the guidance of Paolo Vettore, standing out thanks to its practical and technical products characterised by attention to detail.

Italy, excellent as a cradle and starting point, soon became limiting for a brand with the potential and ability to aspire to great heights. And so in 1991, ten years after the registration of the brand, Giuseppe Visenzi, ex-Motorcycling Champion and founder of the Givi brand, acquired the company and the brand, transforming Cappa into Kappa.

Following the change in name, Kappa started expanding internationally, creating in 1995 a subsidiary in Montuel, France and in 1999 in Olerdola, Barcelona, Spain. Since then our desire to expand has never ceased, guiding our research and fuelling our passion, determination and appetite to achieve the incredibly high quality standards deserved by every biker around the World.

• Supporting Member

Added roughly 130 km's to the odo last night & lots of bug splatter to everything else

Edited by knyte
  • Thumbsup 3

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Today i re-purposed an old strap mount tank bank to serve as a rear pack/passenger back rest.  Inside the zipper is a piece of memory foam to offer the passenger a slight bit of comfort and better sense of security against their lower back.

301003822_tankbag2.thumb.jpg.af05cc0951207a2be61a4c94ba5a74a0.jpg1328829489_tankbag1.thumb.jpg.597d6391fb06e18bddefa6ae3a15769d.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Samaha said:

Today i re-purposed an old strap mount tank bank to serve as a rear pack/passenger back rest.  Inside the zipper is a piece of memory foam to offer the passenger a slight bit of comfort and better sense of security against their lower back.

301003822_tankbag2.thumb.jpg.af05cc0951207a2be61a4c94ba5a74a0.jpg1328829489_tankbag1.thumb.jpg.597d6391fb06e18bddefa6ae3a15769d.jpg

Similar setup to what I've been using. Very useful and nicely done, Samaha. :)

(Mine is strapped to the back seat...)

bag.JPG

2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
On 6/27/2020 at 12:18 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

Nice, you drinking the blue and white coolaid now?

What year, miles?

Nah, it's not my first BMW, so I'm well aware of the good and bad. 

It's a 2012 Vermillian Red with all the options. 37K miles for $8500 with 3 yrs left on the extended warranty. That last part sold me. Immaculate condition. Quite happy.

• Thumbsup 3
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Hi All, newbie here. while waiting for my new bike, been reading the manual, it says after 1,000km, need to bring in to change oil and filter. so off looking for official service center and found one near my house and its local Yamaha flagship dealer. so called them and ask how much to change oil and filter. the lady whom pick up the phone says will call back. when she call back, she quote mineral and semi. so when i told her i wanted fully synthetic, she pass the phone to a guy and the guy ask me what bike and i told him, TRACER GT.... that guy pause and than Mmmm.... and answer me, is it a Honda ! Immediately i close the phone. and to top it off, in Yamaha official site, the mobile number clearly state the number, even though i know they also sells Kawa, Honda, so at least would expect a so-called Yamaha flagship stores would know what is a Tracer GT..... ok...time to look for others. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WKE002 said:

Hi All, newbie here. while waiting for my new bike, been reading the manual, it says after 1,000km, need to bring in to change oil and filter. so off looking for official service center and found one near my house and its local Yamaha flagship dealer. so called them and ask how much to change oil and filter. the lady whom pick up the phone says will call back. when she call back, she quote mineral and semi. so when i told her i wanted fully synthetic, she pass the phone to a guy and the guy ask me what bike and i told him, TRACER GT.... that guy pause and than Mmmm.... and answer me, is it a Honda ! Immediately i close the phone. and to top it off, in Yamaha official site, the mobile number clearly state the number, even though i know they also sells Kawa, Honda, so at least would expect a so-called Yamaha flagship stores would know what is a Tracer GT..... ok...time to look for others.

Time to do the oil and filter change yourself, to get familiar with the bike 👍

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, BBB said:

Time to do the oil and filter change yourself, to get familiar with the bike 👍

Agree 100%. 

@WKE002 - Changing the oil and filter is far too simple to pay someone to do it.  If you have questions, feel free to ask.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***