What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, Samaha said:

Today i re-purposed an old strap mount tank bank to serve as a rear pack/passenger back rest.  Inside the zipper is a piece of memory foam to offer the passenger a slight bit of comfort and better sense of security against their lower back.

301003822_tankbag2.thumb.jpg.af05cc0951207a2be61a4c94ba5a74a0.jpg1328829489_tankbag1.thumb.jpg.597d6391fb06e18bddefa6ae3a15769d.jpg

passenger you say?? What pray-tell is that??  Rubbish I say..

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

I actually do my oil change and filter on my past Harley and triumph as I dictate my own oil brand, not sure how it works in other countries, every service would need them to endorse On the service booklet, should any engine/gear issue if i diy , they have the right to reject my claims. Even our cars here go thru such program. 

• Sad 1

Finally got around to ordering a 47 tooth rear sprocket, and made some minor adjustments to the rear wheel alignment.  

I've always in the past gone by adjuster bolt length given that the tick marks on the adjusters themselves are incredibly useless.  But with the adjusters exactly equal in length - or as equal as I could get them with my calipers - the rear wheel was ever so slightly out of alignment.  Not enough to cause chain issues, but while riding without hands on the bars I'd end up always leaning a bit to the right.  I could offset this by putting my "everyday carry" stuff like my toolkit in the right hand saddlebag, but that doesn't help when I leave the bags at home, and of course the right hand saddlebag is the easier one to use for day to day stuff so I'd prefer to leave it emptier.  So, bought one of those Motion Pro chain alignment tools that clamps onto the sprocket, and sure enough, just a wee bit off.  

I wish the nicer chain adjusters were available for the newer models, and not so silly expensive.  I'm really not a fan of the stock ones.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
39 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

So, bought one of those Motion Pro chain alignment tools that clamps onto the sprocket, and sure enough, just a wee bit off.

I just bought the Motion Pro tool as well, no need to check the stamped marks on each side anymore, just watch the alignment rod as you turn the adjuster on either side.  VERY nice.🏆

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

Today I replaced all of the Phillips head screws that I could readily find, 10 on the airbox cover and 4 on the left and right control pods.  The fasteners on the airbox cover are a convenient 8mm hex. 

image.thumb.png.e77504fc937fa10c9674172546ce3cea.png

image.thumb.png.0a370e3ddf16c6dfc33733061791645f.png

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

Today I replaced all of the Phillips head screws that I could readily find, 10 on the airbox cover and 4 on the left and right control pods.  The fasteners on the airbox cover are a convenient 8mm hex. 

image.thumb.png.e77504fc937fa10c9674172546ce3cea.png

image.thumb.png.0a370e3ddf16c6dfc33733061791645f.png

Oh?  Do tell...  I like that idea.   Where did you source the new fasteners?  

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Oh?  Do tell...  I like that idea.   Where did you source the new fasteners?  

A local Ace hardware store.  I hate any fastener with a Phillips head and when removing the airbox lid I use an attachment for my cordless drill with a Phillips bit to remove the fasteners, every once in a while the bit slips and the fastener heads get ruined.  I figured while I was replacing the airbox fasteners, I would replace any others I could find as well.  There might be more under the seat or tank but I haven't found them yet.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, betoney said:

A local Ace hardware store.  I hate any fastener with a Phillips head and when removing the airbox lid I use an attachment for my cordless drill with a Phillips bit to remove the fasteners, every once in a while the bit slips and the fastener heads get ruined.  I figured while I was replacing the airbox fasteners, I would replace any others I could find as well.  There might be more under the seat or tank but I haven't found them yet.

JIS PHILIPS BIT...

I did replace the Phillips on the pods with Allen screws my local Fastenal carries almost everything

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, 2and3cylinders said:

JIS PHILIPS BIT...

I did replace the Phillips on the pods with Allen screws my local Fastenal carries almost everything

Airbox fastners are next...

6 hours ago, angrygirafe said:

I’ve left two of the Motion Pro alignment tools clamped to my sprocket. It’s a good thing they’re aluminum, but the resulting aluminum powder is not good for the chain seals. So... Put a red ribbon on it or something. 😬

hahahaha I very nearly left mine on after using it in fact.  Incidentally, this is why I don't use disc locks for security: I always, always, eventually forget them and try to ride away.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jrubicon said:

any of u fools live in the Norcal Bay area?

i ride to the east alot, who wants to tour

No shortage of excellent roads in that area. We have a regional section. More people in your area may see it.

Are you also a member of BARF?

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, betoney said:

A local Ace hardware store.

Ah, that’s good.  I was afraid you were going to say you had found a source for ultra-trick titanium hex-drive air box screws...   you know, the kind of stuff that sends @coachluciano into a buying frenzy!  :D  

• Haha 1