What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

hahahaha I very nearly left mine on after using it in fact.  Incidentally, this is why I don't use disc locks for security: I always, always, eventually forget them and try to ride away.  

You need to put remove before flight banners on your disc lock and Alignment Tool

When I was young when disc longs and brakes first came out I didn't have one with the resultant incident prompting me to go down to the Surplus yard at Convair at Lindbergh Field with my employee ID on Saturday morning with all the other loonies and pick some up lovely real McCoy

you could get dollars per pound for a components that were manufactured at a cost of thousands for pennies and weird stuff like weather balloons and a specific gravity tester for jets that was in a old wooden red painted box all fitted

I can't believe I didn't keep it after I took so much care to bring home and display in the living room on the credenza

After I gave up bachelorhood SWMBO allowed such only in my shop

Straight as an Arrow zinc chromated DC-10 longeron ally extrusions were the greatest and all the little clips and brackets for the fuselage could be cut up and make all sorts of great stuff but you couldn't bend it because you'd have to take it out of its condition and ruin the protective coating, that lovely yellowish green, those were the days

Sorry for my reminiscing

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Ah, that’s good.  I was afraid you were going to say you had found a source for ultra-trick titanium hex-drive air box screws...   you know, the kind of stuff that sends @coachluciano into a buying frenzy!  :D  

Did someone say "Spend Money??"  @texscottyd I was in the shower and my pockets started tingling..

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 3

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Incidentally, this is why I don't use disc locks for security: I always, always, eventually forget them and try to ride away.  

Haha, I think every one will do that at least once when first getting a disc lock.  😄

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

12 minutes ago, betoney said:

Haha, I think every one will do that at least once when first getting a disc lock.  😄

ok, here we go.
Once upon a time, I owned an old Suzuki 500 2 stroke. It had the steering lock down on the frame, separate to the ignition.

One morning, I was in a hurry to go somewhere, so I rushed out of the house, started the bike (kickstart ofc) , stuck it into 1st and dropped the clutch. And round we started to go.

I nearly managed to hold it up for about 2 seconds, wondering why my handlebars wouldnt turn, until we wen't down in an unceremonious heap. My wife saw the whole thing from the window, and she said she nearly died laughing.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, koth442 said:

No shortage of excellent roads in that area. We have a regional section. More people in your area may see it.

Are you also a member of BARF?

I've been barfing at barf since they started before that we had the Sunday morning Gazette for the Sunday morning ride up to Salinas or farther to Point Reyes. 

On Route One we'd lose one guy a season we didn't stop always depending on how far down they fell pretty cold I guess but we didn't want to wait for the local yokels or chips

I was one of the younger guys even though I had a BSA Goldstar motor in a Rickman metisse frame Cafed Out

Since I didn't drink, maybe other things, we would head East into wine country and theyd have me lead and stop at all the wineries. Once  they finally got loaded theyd follow my 9 volt tail light home cross the Golden Gate and then would freeze but loved it as it woke everybody up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I've been barfing at barf since they started before that we had the Sunday morning Gazette for the Sunday morning ride up to Salinas or farther to Point Reyes. 

On Route One we'd lose one guy a season we didn't stop always depending on how far down they fell pretty cold I guess but we didn't want to wait for the local yokels or chips

I was one of the younger guys even though I had a BSA Goldstar motor in a Rickman metisse frame Cafed Out

Since I didn't drink, maybe other things, we would head East into wine country and theyd have me lead and stop at all the wineries. Once  they finally got loaded theyd follow my 9 volt tail light home cross the Golden Gate and then would freeze but loved it as it woke everybody up

That's some OG sheet. I always loved the classifieds on BARF. Great place to light some money on fire. Also good support for the AFM...

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, texscottyd said:

My morning was better than yours:  100+ miles, amazing breakfast tacos, and I’m back at my desk in time for a 10:00 am web conference...  

2642D5AE-D4CB-4144-AF8F-789BFEB08172.thumb.jpeg.08ee6b5109c6e616182df3ac67773a6b.jpeg

I miss those breakfast tacos... (drool) 👍

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

I miss those breakfast tacos... (drool) 👍

There’s nothing else quite like them...  These were from a ‘tortas y tacos’ trailer set up in the parking lot of an abandoned dollar store.   

• Like 1

Just rolled over 4k, did a section called the twisty 60. It's not much but it's really all we got around here, drinking and farming, farming and drinking.
No records set, lots of bears on the road for some reason. 4 hours straight and 200 miles is about all my body can take without stopping.

50088187813_4af4ea0091_c.jpg
50088187578_cb752868f8_c.jpg
50088763591_18c2ef4f69_c.jpg
50091144231_d3604520fa_c.jpg
50091378872_dc4273f3ba_c.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

50088187578_cb752868f8_c.jpg

That picture alone is worth it.  I LOVE roads that just twist and wind through trees and country landscapes for miles.👍

• Thumbsup 3

New VX3 chain on today and I really notice a difference.  Drive train is quieter and ride smoother.

next project is to swap in a 17 tooth front (on order) and see how that feels.

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, nhchris said:

New VX3 chain on today and I really notice a difference.  Drive train is quieter and ride smoother.

next project is to swap in a 17 tooth front (on order) and see how that feels.

Have you played around with either of these calculators?  They have a lot of good information.

Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing...

• Thumbsup 1

I have, thanks.

Fun to change ratios and see the effects in real time. Cool.

The 17 will be a small and subtile change, but I am curious to see how it will feel.  No mfg makes a damped 17, so I'll also get to experience undamped operation.

In my pandemic boredom any project is a good distraction. :)

BTW @betoney  That GOLD VX3 chain is beautiful.  Thanks for the inspiration.  I shouda bought extra  to make a bracelet!

• Like 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09