• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

2 hours ago, betoney said:

The ONLY thing to mention is when you park the car it holds that reading until the car moves again, meaning when I get in the car in the morning it is still holding the +10% "warm' reading and holding the temperature at say 87F from the night before.  Once I back out of the driveway and drive down the street then it updates to the 'real time' pressure and temperature readings, usually within 30-50'.

This should be because they sleep when not in use.  There's (usually) a reed switch that's triggered by rotation and wakes the sensor, so you get better battery life than if they transmit constantly.

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2020 at 11:12 AM, kilo3 said:

+2 in the rear because racecar, wait I mean motorcycle, sorry I'm new to this two wheel speed thing.

50141218286_f08068cdea_c.jpg

Oooh I got the same one!  Love it.  Absolutely love it.  It's just enough to put the acceleration into "Weeeeeeeeee!" range, and to help keep the RPM's a bit higher in 6th.  Sure, first is a bit shorter, but will still take you to 80kph.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Good to know give us an update when you have it back on the bike.

How is your mending process going what's the prognosis in terms of riding again?

Thanks for asking, the healing is going slowly.  I had a check-up appointment this morning and the doctor is hoping for a positive change within 3-4 weeks.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 minute ago, Wintersdark said:

Oooh I got the same one!  Love it.  Absolutely love it.  It's just enough to put the acceleration into "Weeeeeeeeee!" range, and to help keep the RPM's a bit higher in 6th.  Sure, first is a bit shorter, but will still take you to 80kph.  

Mine was ALMOST too tight with the stock chain. I was cutting it close. I think I have the axle all the way forward and i'm about 40mm of play. I honestly can't give a decent review on the change yet, with the wife in tow.

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

This should be because they sleep when not in use.  There's (usually) a reed switch that's triggered by rotation and wakes the sensor, so you get better battery life than if they transmit constantly.

Thanks for the info, I have never used TPMS before and have no idea what to expect.  So far, just using them on the car I am happy with how they work, especially considering the entire kit was $50.

Just now, kilo3 said:

Mine was ALMOST too tight with the stock chain. I was cutting it close. I think I have the axle all the way forward and i'm about 40mm of play. I honestly can't give a decent review on the change yet, with the wife in tow.

Hah yeah; it fits but *juuuuust* barely.  Gives lots of adjustment range over the life of the chain though.  When I replace my chain, I'll probably go up two teeth because I think a brand new chain may be a bit too tight.

6 hours ago, betoney said:

@Michiel900GT - Looks good, I hope it works well for you.  It was such a revelation after I had my seat built, after suspension it is the best money I spent on the bike.  A lot of people balk at the cost of a custom built seat but how valuable is all-day comfort?  😎👍

The tricky part with custom seats is you really need to have a builder you can personally visit, or you're really rolling the dice.  That said, there are a few really well known US based shops that seem to do consistently good work - not too helpful for us Canadian sorts, though, as that pushes the price waaaay up. 

I've found though that you can have an upholstery shop make modifications to your existing seat pretty cheaply - typically around $150CDN with a new cover and all, and they seem to have lots of experience with motorcycle seats and will work with you (test ride, make changes, test ride, repeat).  I haven't done this on either of my new Yammies yet, but did on my old 80's bikes to great success (though every one of them started with a way more comfortable seat!)

• Supporting Member
27 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

The tricky part with custom seats is you really need to have a builder you can personally visit, or you're really rolling the dice.

Correct.    Fortunately for me, he is less than 2 hours away, I have been back 2 additional times after the build for free tweaks and re-shaping adjustments, so being able to return for service is important. 

The place I used gets a lot of business from B.C. riders.  He has a fully furnished apartment above the shop you can rent if you want to arrive the night before.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

Thanks for asking, the healing is going slowly.  I had a check-up appointment this morning and the doctor is hoping for a positive change within 3-4 weeks.

Meanwhile...  

Break arm in MoroGP crash on Sunday, surgery on Monday, receive medical clearance on Thursday, race MotoGP again on Sunday.   

3ebeeda33a6b4e724437bb9225352097.jpg

Just four days after an operation on a...

• Thumbsup 2
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Meanwhile...  

Break arm in MoroGP crash on Sunday, surgery on Monday, receive medical clearance on Thursday, race MotoGP again on Sunday.   

I thought they plated it on Tuesday; lucky he did not have nerve damage.  A true ALIEN!

• Supporting Member
18 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Meanwhile...  

I just read that this morning.  Unbelievable!!

I don't expect him to be even close to his pace from last weekend, what he accomplished was NOT human and considering the possibilities since he still had 4 laps to go...  😲

Reminded me of James Stewart in his prime, getting a bad start or crashing in the first turn and then charging through the pack like a man possessed. 👍

• Thumbsup 2

6 hours ago, betoney said:

Correct.    Fortunately for me, he is less than 2 hours away, I have been back 2 additional times after the build for free tweaks and re-shaping adjustments, so being able to return for service is important. 

The place I used gets a lot of business from B.C. riders.  He has a fully furnished apartment above the shop you can rent if you want to arrive the night before.

Really?  Interesting; that could make for a fun road trip if borders ever open again.

Installed "fjr" style footpegs.  Ordered these months ago, had entirely forgotten about them.  

I'm endlessly baffled why Yamaha felt it necessary to rivet on the left peg.  I mean, if you're gonna do it, do both, right? Why just one?  Ah whatever, I'm always up for a chance to bust out the angle grinder20200723_220938.thumb.jpg.909e6d4a79b70f393228f2584f3d56a8.jpg.

• Thumbsup 2