What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Buggy Nate said:

I ordered a Chinese belly pan for mine on a impulse buy. Pretty sure I seen it here somewhere. Will post pics when it arrives post corona clean. šŸ˜‚

Is this the sanitising you had in mind? šŸ˜œ

sanitizer.thumb.jpg.04ea1396914c0d03ab60e552d33a8c7f.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 3

Took delivery of this lovely little magical thing. (Came complete with a free neck buff)
Sadly, a bad migraine has put paid to me fitting it today as I can barely move for the pain, but soon. Very Soon!

Ā 

20200806_145606.jpg

20200806_145509.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Stew said:

Took delivery of this lovely little magical thing...

20200806_145606.jpg

The O2 plug/harness from Kevin Hope was a popular closed loop fix for the early FZ/FJ model years. I had one and it worked great. Interesting that 5Ā years later the new and improvedĀ bikes continueĀ to suffer from fueling issues (open loop this time?). I flashed my ECUĀ eventually, but good to see lower cost optionsĀ on the market.

Someone should create a thread for these... šŸ¤”

Ā 

Edited by piotrek

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

While I don't have a medical condition (just old parts), I initially rejected the FJ 3 years ago due to almost immediate right wrist pain. Never stopped dreaming about one tho. When I found an immaculate, well priced one I pounced, thinking/hoping that it might have been a passing wristie thing. No such luck. However, after installing a pair of china-rox 2" adjustables, no more wrist issues!Ā 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07FQN465B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

risers.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Stew said:

Took delivery of this lovely little magical thing. (Came complete with a free neck buff)
Sadly, a bad migraine has put paid to me fitting it today as I can barely move for the pain, but soon. Very Soon!

Ā 

20200806_145606.jpg

20200806_145509.jpg

Could your migraine have been triggered by the as reported by you wee bit of should we say imbibing the other day??

šŸ˜µ

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, piotrek said:

The O2 plug/harness from Kevin Hope was a popular closed loop fix for the early FZ/FJ model years. I had one and it worked great. Interesting that 5Ā years later the new and improvedĀ bikes continueĀ to suffer from fueling issues (open loop this time?). I flashed my ECUĀ eventually, but good to see lower cost optionsĀ on the market.

Someone should create a thread for these... šŸ¤”

Ā 

Could you please clarify once and for all based on not having a flash, Kevin's unit worked on the closed loop and the booster plug works on the open loop but doesn't work on the closed loop as well.

Also clarify whether either device is necessary once you have a flash, from for example vcyclenut,Ā Washington State or Ivan's?

Ā 

3 hours ago, Stew said:

Ā 

20200806_145606.jpg

20200806_145509.jpg

And in your pain if you could manage to answer this one specific question you have not had your ECU flashed, correct?

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

clarify whether either device is necessary once you have a flash, from for example vcyclenut,Ā 

Not all ECU flashes are created equal, so it will depend on what you requested. David specifically told me the O2 harness was no longer needed. The O2 hardware input was disabled. I have no fueling issues, so I assume the flash does what it does correctly.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

41 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Could your migraine have been triggered by the as reported by you wee bit of should we say imbibing the other day??

šŸ˜µ

Sadly no. I get them once in a while if I sit around too much. All from a whiplash when a car ran into the back of me at around 50mph about 30 years ago.

Ā 

And NO, to my knowledge the ECU has not been flashed. Bearing in mind the bike is a 2015, I can't guarantee it. Is there any simple way I can tell without stripping it down?

• Premium Member

I have the Kevin harness on a 15. Never had a reflash. Only helps open loop just when the throttle is cracked open (basically tricks the engine to run a little bit richer). Helps about the same amount as the APS adjustment. Definitely smoother around town

1 hour ago, Stew said:

Sadly no. I get them once in a while if I sit around too much. All from a whiplash when a car ran into the back of me at around 50mph about 30 years ago.

Ā 

And NO, to my knowledge the ECU has not been flashed. Bearing in mind the bike is a 2015, I can't guarantee it. Is there any simple way I can tell without stripping it down?

In the US, the 2015 was limited to 115mph. Flashes usually removed the limit. Looks like youā€™reĀ across the pond so it might not help, but at least itā€™s an excuse toĀ go fast toĀ check? šŸ˜

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, angrygirafe said:

In the US, the 2015 was limited to 115mph. Flashes usually removed the limit. Looks like youā€™reĀ across the pond so it might not help, but at least itā€™s an excuse toĀ go fast toĀ check? šŸ˜

I didn't think Euro 15s were governed. Maybe Yamaha thinksĀ they're better driversĀ over there on average.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, angrygirafe said:

Errrm, mine can certainly do more than that (on a private road of course officer!)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1moreroad said:

I didn't think Euro 15s were governed. Maybe Yamaha thinksĀ they're better driversĀ over there on average.

Comparing our rider education requirements Iā€™d say theyā€™re absolutely justified in that belief. Mistaken of course, but understandably so šŸ˜‰

• Thumbsup 1