What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Stew said:

Sadly no. I get them once in a while if I sit around too much. All from a whiplash when a car ran into the back of me at around 50mph about 30 years ago.

And NO, to my knowledge the ECU has not been flashed. Bearing in mind the bike is a 2015, I can't guarantee it. Is there any simple way I can tell without stripping it down?

That's the shitz minding your own business sitting on the light and boom my wife had the same thing happen but the two kids were in the car behind her thank God they were okay but it broke her seat back so she laid flat so her whiplash was tremendous and she's had sciatic is result but never any surgery on top of two hip replacements plus her left knee she's in great shape 30 years later not!

Yeah that's a good excuse to go fast I thought it was 114 miles an hour but God knows what they did down in the land under I'm sure you could find out on your local form if there was a speed limiter if you can go over that and your fan kicks on it let's say 205 rather than 215 and it maybe has a little bit less back to work but you would know if you had no comparison he is one of the flash things was to reduce back pork a little on some flashes there were other things too but you wouldn't know if they didn't plug the line on the air injection reaction or what do they call it on the Yamaha whether they deactivated the emission part of the fuel injection a lot of people put block off plate so if you have block off plates yeah it's probably been done some people just plugged the hoses some people did nothing cuz it's not supposed to work even though Dave said it may be a good idea to plug the hoses is a belt and suspenders let us know before you connect it go for a speed trial which actually won't change with the thing you got cuz it has nothing to do with the feeding that I'm just rambling it's like I smoked some pot or something LOL it's legal here is it legal Down Under?

• Thumbsup 1

3 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

That's the shitz minding your own business sitting on the light and boom my wife had the same thing happen but the two kids were in the car behind her thank God they were okay but it broke her seat back so she laid flat so her whiplash was tremendous and she's had sciatic is result but never any surgery on top of two hip replacements plus her left knee she's in great shape 30 years later not!

Yeah that's a good excuse to go fast I thought it was 114 miles an hour but God knows what they did down in the land under I'm sure you could find out on your local form if there was a speed limiter if you can go over that and your fan kicks on it let's say 205 rather than 215 and it maybe has a little bit less back to work but you would know if you had no comparison he is one of the flash things was to reduce back pork a little on some flashes there were other things too but you wouldn't know if they didn't plug the line on the air injection reaction or what do they call it on the Yamaha whether they deactivated the emission part of the fuel injection a lot of people put block off plate so if you have block off plates yeah it's probably been done some people just plugged the hoses some people did nothing cuz it's not supposed to work even though Dave said it may be a good idea to plug the hoses is a belt and suspenders let us know before you connect it go for a speed trial which actually won't change with the thing you got cuz it has nothing to do with the feeding that I'm just rambling it's like I smoked some pot or something LOL it's legal here is it legal Down Under?

I'm not Down Under, that , to me anyway, would be Australia, Tasmania, New Zealand even.
And the bike definitely can do significantly over 114mph (allegedly officer)

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, piotrek said:

Not all ECU flashes are created equal, so it will depend on what you requested. David specifically told me the O2 harness was no longer needed. The O2 hardware input was disabled. I have no fueling issues, so I assume the flash does what it does correctly.

But if you read my question to you where you said the opposite of what 1 Moore Road said it did acti on the open-loop?

Stew I just saw you said you can definitely go over 115 now the question is as you got to look more or ask the old owner inquiring minds should know

Does your fan go on at 205 Fahrenheit do you know how to pull the radiator forward or you can wait until you install the boosterplug but it shouldn't affect top speed or the fan or back torque

• Premium Member

If you've not been flashed that's going to prove that you guys get top speed because nobody trusts Americans though I think you're emission standards may be tougher than ours somebody set me straight they keep talking about the New Euro 4 standards

Like on the Suzuki Hayabusa they shut you down where we still had it for another year I think it was what do they say 230 kilometers an hour that's like a hundred and ninety-five or something in the proper numbers

1 minute ago, 2and3cylinders said:

But if you read my question to you where you said the opposite of what 1 Moore Road said it did acti on the open-loop?

Stew I just saw you said you can definitely go over 115 now the question is as you got to look more or ask the old owner inquiring minds should know

Does your fan go on at 205 Fahrenheit do you know how to pull the radiator forward or you can wait until you install the boosterplug but it shouldn't affect top speed or the fan or back torque

No idea about the fan, I have never used the temperature display.
I'm not going to go tearing the bike to bits to find out :)  The only issue I have had is the really slow speed stuff, and from all accounts the boosterplug will deal with that. I'll update when I fit it, hopefully tomorrow if I can see straight to concentrate.

2 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

If you've not been flashed that's going to prove that you guys get top speed because nobody trusts Americans though I think you're emission standards may be tougher than ours somebody set me straight they keep talking about the New Euro 4 standards

Like on the Suzuki Hayabusa they shut you down where we still had it for another year I think it was what do they say 230 kilometers an hour that's like a hundred and ninety-five or something in the proper numbers

We do mph as well here :) I have no idea about kph.
Fastest I've gone on a bike was an indicated 168mph on my old FZR1000 Exup, and I was punching the tank cos it wouldnt go any faster. That was when I realised I was an idiot, and stopped doing stuff like that.

• Premium Member

You probably have to take the tank off to put in the booster plug and it's another 5 minutes to take off the air box the ECU has to be popped out of the top of the airbox to do so a lot of people just unplug them and then take the top off

It's easy enough to let the bike warm up and then cool down before you work on it to see when the fan goes on because I doubt they lowered your fan and not ours just a suggestion feel better

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

...you said the opposite of what 1 Moore Road said it did acti on the open-loop?

...read the installation document from Kevin Hope. First paragraph.

It is also well explained on various forums where Kevin is a supporting vendor/member.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
15 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

they keep talking about the New Euro 4 standards

Euro 4 has already been superseded by Euro 5 standards and are even more strict.

thumb_exhaust.ashx

Phasing in begins in January, but what’s it all about

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, piotrek said:

...read the installation document from Kevin Hope. First paragraph.

It is also well explained on various forums where Kevin is a supporting vendor/member.

Okay thanks it's been a long time since I had it and I have those instructions somewhere on my PC so one more Road was incorrect okay but the bottom line is that neither of us need anything other than the David's flash ( he told me the same thing he told you) and I'll have to check again why my low speed constant throttle is running funny kind of surging or hunting

As I said throttle body synchronization was good within the last five thousand miles and the valves were okay I'll have to check my remote vacuum lines maybe for the throttle body ports that I put in so I can check it without pulling the tank but I'm sure they're okay as I double checked a couple of times the plugs were new stock plugs I had the Iridium is but since they don't have the right reach I went back to the stock plugs and I can change them easily by just popping forward the radiator will not easy but I don't drain it I've also checked the throttle position unit and calibrated it as most people have to a lower setting if I'm remembering correctly what else could it be bad gas? Any input would be appreciated

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, betoney said:

Euro 4 has already been superseded by Euro 5 standards and are even more strict.

thumb_exhaust.ashx

Phasing in begins in January, but what’s it all about

Okay 5 that's why they discontinued the Hayabusa cuz it couldn't meet it, too bad

I read on maybe visordown the rumors of a Honda V4 sport bike have resurfaced again right after they updated the Fireblade and how they're going to Market that

I try to stay up with you what you guys are living through over the pond particularly when it comes to motorcycles

13 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

why did you otherwise go metric

Probably because We became a member of the European Economic Community. That brought a whole host of regulations and laws designed to make it easier to trade and make us the same as our friends in other countries.

One of their "Very sensible????" ideas was to standardize motorcycle training and have a swerve section that was to be completed at 50KPH lovely the politicians agreed lets make that a law. Problem being that equates to 31MPH and can't therefor be completed legaly on British roads so make the riding test more expensive for people by building off road testing centers. 

• Thumbsup 1

52 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

Probably because We became a member of the European Economic Community. That brought a whole host of regulations and laws designed to make it easier to trade and make us the same as our friends in other countries.

One of their "Very sensible????" ideas was to standardize motorcycle training and have a swerve section that was to be completed at 50KPH lovely the politicians agreed lets make that a law. Problem being that equates to 31MPH and can't therefor be completed legaly on British roads so make the riding test more expensive for people by building off road testing centers. 

I still think and talk in lbs, and feet and inches, and gallons , and all 'proper' units of measurement.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I read on maybe visordown the rumors of a Honda V4 sport bike have resurfaced again right after they updated the Fireblade and how they're going to Market that

I sure hope they do something further with their V4, whether its a sport bike, a new and updated VFR or a rethinking of the old ST1300.  I would love to see them release V4's in 800 - 1000 and 1200cc.  Just wishing out loud.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***