What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Put the OEM Yamaha tank pad protectors on the Tracer today.  Found the Madstad windscreen had been dropped off by UPS later this evening.  Plan to install that tomorrow and then dial it in on a test ride.

Ed W.

Today

upgraded suspension. Ktech razor rear shock and k tech fork cartridges. Went for a quick ride today and it's night and day. Can't wait to go for a longer ride tomorrow and really dial it in.

Last 6 weeks

Tires 

Fender eliminator and rear blinkers 

Mc cruise cruise control

Givi top box rack

Beak - I know some people hate this but I feel like the front end was missing something

Tires - conti trail attack 3 (love conti, highly recommend. They are a road tore. Don't let the "trail" fool you)

Oil and filter change 

Side bag mounts 

Chain tension adjustment coming after this weekend. 

Love this bike. Leaving for a 1500 mile trip with some buddies Thurs afternoon, camping along the way. Can't wait. 

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, Dm23 said:

upgraded suspension. Ktech razor rear shock and k tech fork cartridges. Went for a quick ride today and it's night and day.

Love this bike.

Get ready to love it even more.   High-spec suspension changes the entire character of these bikes, and it’s 100% for the good.  

Enjoy! 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, Dm23 said:

Today upgraded suspension. Ktech razor rear shock and k tech fork cartridges. Went for a quick ride today and it's night and day. Can't wait to go for a longer ride tomorrow and really dial it in.

That is the most satisfying part, making a change and feeling a positive result and if you don't like it, just pull over and set it back- no harm done. 

Like @texscottyd mentioned, quality suspension completely improves the character of the bike, its like the last puzzle piece to make it complete. 

I just got back last night from a 2-day ride in Washington which included 5 mountain passes, some of them fairly steep.  The level of control in higher speed downhill curves is amazing, no wallowing, diving or white knuckle death grip to maintain control.  Of course quality sport tires add to the experience! 👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, betoney said:

That is the most satisfying part, making a change and feeling a positive result and if you don't like it, just pull over and set it back- no harm done. 

Like @texscottyd mentioned, quality suspension completely improves the character of the bike, its like the last puzzle piece to make it complete. 

I just got back last night from a 2-day ride in Washington which included 5 mountain passes, some of them fairly steep.  The level of control in higher speed downhill curves is amazing, no wallowing, diving or white knuckle death grip to maintain control.  Of course quality sport tires add to the experience! 👍

Nice how much snow do you get during a winter

My riding days are numbered this season so much to do and so little time... And then surgery

• Supporting Member
20 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Nice how much snow do you get during a winter

The Cascade mountain passes get a LOT of snow and several of them are closed for many months of each year.  When they finally open though, they make for AMAZING motorcycle riding. 

Photos ----> 

• Premium Member

I never got to ride when I was in Seattle but drove in the winter to the Cascades maybe I was lucky that year probably 79 because the next year I was back in Chicago and then back in 81 to Seattle and missed Mount Saint Helens going pop

57 people killed and ash clouds that restricted flying it was pretty strange for at least a year after and I haven't been back since

I remember in Seattle they didn't get no that stuck for very long no could get dumped on occasionally

Seattle was the sister city to San Diego and all the aircraft manufacturers in San Diego took PSA up to Seattle back and forth every week like cattle cars but I much preferred San Diego LOL

6 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Get ready to love it even more.   High-spec suspension changes the entire character of these bikes, and it’s 100% for the good.  

Enjoy! 

100%!! 

Just got back from a few hours through wine country back roads that aren't on fire and my favorite twisties. Ho Lee Fuk, what a difference. Amazing. Honestly was a little skeptical shelling out that much cash but it is well worth it. If you're debating it, do it!!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, betoney said:

Awesome! 

Hoping for my next long trip to be up through oregon and washington.

Any recommendations for roads/routes?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dm23 said:

100%!! 

Just got back from a few hours through wine country back roads that aren't on fire and my favorite twisties. Ho Lee Fuk, what a difference. Amazing. Honestly was a little skeptical shelling out that much cash but it is well worth it. If you're debating it, do it!!

It's insane how much of a difference, eh :)

You'll now be annoyed when a bump upsets the bike at all, you get used to the difference quickly.

• Supporting Member
7 minutes ago, Dm23 said:

Hoping for my next long trip to be up through oregon and washington.

Any recommendations for roads/routes?

That is a REALLY loaded question, like going to Disney World and asking the staff "whats fun here?"...  Honestly, I could spend forever mentioning good riding in Oregon, northern California and Washington.  If you have a specific region or destination in mind, I could still spend forever but be much more specific with recommending routes.  The time of year will play a big part as well since some of the mountain passes are closed almost half the year due to snow closures.

If you have a starting and general ending area in mind, I will be more than happy to set up some Google Maps recommendations for you. 👍

4 hours ago, Stew said:

It's insane how much of a difference, eh :)

You'll now be annoyed when a bump upsets the bike at all, you get used to the difference quickly.

Haha!

Yeah it really is. 

• Thumbsup 1

4 hours ago, betoney said:

That is a REALLY loaded question, like going to Disney World and asking the staff "whats fun here?"...  Honestly, I could spend forever mentioning good riding in Oregon, northern California and Washington.  If you have a specific region or destination in mind, I could still spend forever but be much more specific with recommending routes.  The time of year will play a big part as well since some of the mountain passes are closed almost half the year due to snow closures.

If you have a starting and general ending area in mind, I will be more than happy to set up some Google Maps recommendations for you. 👍

Haha! Fair enough. Sounds good, will do. Thanks!

• Supporting Member

Added the R&G front fender extender to complete the 'package' .  As mentioned before, not entirely happy that the R&G only comes in a gloss or Carbon gloss finish (for the front) but if it keeps the crud off the headers and radiator then... who really cares!

1456472555_Frontfenderextender.thumb.jpg.f2b5355be8b5cf1a71a881876b749c1d.jpg

270903997_Muchbetter.thumb.jpg.0f8942965a155ef5418c2ba009e78321.jpg

• Like 1