yamaham

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

3 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

After a full month of 7 days a week, 12 hour days, finally enjoyed a day off

Damn, THAT is a brutal schedule. ūüė≤¬† I haven't worked a schedule like that since I was deployed in the Navy, 12 on/12 off for 6 months.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

44 minutes ago, betoney said:

Damn, THAT is a brutal schedule. ūüė≤¬† I haven't worked a schedule like that since I was deployed in the Navy, 12 on/12 off for 6 months.

Yeah, it wasn't a good time at all.  Hard physical work, on my feet the whole time.  Trying to sleep between shifts while the Mrs. teaches the kiddos.  Didn't want to send them back to school with how flaky plans where there - and that's paid off as schools have been closing everywhere anyways.  It all paid really well though, which helped recoup a lot of covidtime expenses and loses thanks to a earlier 2 week quarantine and all that, though, so it's all good. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 3

Washed, aired, lubed & adjusted.   It’s a gorgeous day, and I have about a 300 mile Sunday Funday ride ahead of me... 

D632EACA-ACA6-4D59-9675-C74540943EC1.thumb.jpeg.9ceb96841464c5af9a805b8f74a68922.jpeg

Update:  That was how a Sunday ride is supposed to be done.  Spectacular day to be out on the FJ for 328.6 miles (give or take) 

CA20F499-7EB2-40B5-86FD-A7C4E9937C4F.thumb.jpeg.0c576f8aefb810f2754423dd10475c62.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

Did a 300km ride yesterday, mainly on highway, had breakfast and back. at one point of time, clear flat highway,  rev to 200kmh (124mph) for a few seconds (yes, am not the super fast guy). my bike are all stock. my average ride is 140kmh (86mph) but just want to feel how fast it can go... i guess it stops there, not sure what is the max speed a stock Tracer Gt can run. from youtube think was 225kmh ?   

1 hour ago, WKE002 said:

Did a 300km ride yesterday, mainly on highway, had breakfast and back. at one point of time, clear flat highway,  rev to 200kmh (124mph) for a few seconds (yes, am not the super fast guy). my bike are all stock. my average ride is 140kmh (86mph) but just want to feel how fast it can go... i guess it stops there, not sure what is the max speed a stock Tracer Gt can run. from youtube think was 225kmh ?   

I've had mine to 225.  Where exactly you end up depends heavily on your size, weight, whether you've got the cases on the bike or now (they're not very aerodynamic), and all that stuff.  Realistically, I found roughly 215 was (stock) top for me, but adding a couple teeth on the rear sprocket made a noteable difference, and removing the bags and getting down flat on the bike gets me around the 225 mark.  

The Tracer isn't rev-limited for speed, it's purely a HP vs drag issue, so top speed varies between situations.

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

@northsouth - The seat looks great, my buddy has one on his Africa Twin that I rode the other day.¬† I rode it all day long and at no time did I feel the need to stop or get off the bike except for gas.¬† VERY comfortable. ūüĎć

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Thanks betony. I've had Russell's on 2 other bikes so I knew what to expect. Not disappointed at all. They are very consistent with quality control. 

• Thumbsup 2

Russell's have a great reputation. That's probably what I would have on my FJ-09 if I didn't have a respected custom seat builder (Mr. Ed's Moto) just a mile from my house. 

• Thumbsup 2

I washed my FJ today and got it all sparkly clean.

Then I grabbed the wrong can off the workbench, shook it up, and sprayed Chain Wax all over my spotless windscreen.

Question: Is it time for me to stop riding due to senility? 

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

7 minutes ago, nhchris said:

Then I grabbed the wrong can off the workbench, shook it up, and sprayed Chain Wax all over my spotless windscreen.

At least it was chain wax instead of traditional lube; it won‚Äôt fling off the screen into your visor. And it will offer superior windscreen protection in my opinion. ūüėā

Good luck with the cleaning though ‚ėĻÔłŹ

• Thumbsup 1

32 minutes ago, nhchris said:

That's slick.... sorry, had to.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nhchris said:

I feel your pain. I coated the bike with acf50 water repellant, but didn't put gloves on. The joy of trying to wash my hands afterwards.
It's not senility, it's lack of interest in cleaning, I mean, it's only going to get dirty again.

On 10/17/2020 at 8:45 PM, northsouth said:

Just installed a Russell Sport Seat after waiting for 3 1/2 months. Test rode it for about 120 miles today and it just plain works. Excellent build quality, not cheap but definitely worth it! Ready for some serious miles now..

IMG_20201016_205507.jpg

so it looks like you have that in the low position.  Does it have the forward slope?  If not, would it be actually tilted back in the high position?

2 hours ago, Yamajank said:

so it looks like you have that in the low position.  Does it have the forward slope?  If not, would it be actually tilted back in the high position?

I had it specifically built with NO forward slope. Haven't tried it yet in the high position because I am short! Still a little tall but manageable with my 30" inseam. No regrets.

• Thumbsup 1