What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Gave the new Michelin Road 5 rubber things their first workout in the wet.
VERY impressed. I was only marginally slower on twisty roads, and the conditions were that horrible wierd mix of totally wet road, dry road with drizzle, and damp but drying road.

Seriously loving these tyres (tires)

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Yamajank said:

so it looks like you have that in the low position.  Does it have the forward slope?  If not, would it be actually tilted back in the high position?

High or low doesn't impact slope: the two positions raise both the front and back of the seat equally.

Stopped by the dealer the other day and there I saw a 2020 red Tracer GT, just like the one I bought there last June. Made me think about wrapping or painting my red panels. So I did a mock-up on Photoshop with black panels and I liked it. Took the four panels off and brought them to two wrap shops, but both thought it looked pretty difficult. Huh, what do I know. One guy suggested Plasti-dipping it. I'm not too much into the Plasti-dip thing, but I thought I'd try it since the panels were already off and prepped. Sprayed on five coats yesterday. Now that it's dry and back together, I'm happy with it. If it doesn't hold up,  I think I'll pull it off and paint the panels black.

Yamaha Tracer small.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

High or low doesn't impact slope: the two positions raise both the front and back of the seat equally.

I guess you’re right.  I was thinking back to how I had ridden pre modification of the slope on mine.  I unwittingly had slipped the guide into the high setting while leaving the spacer in the low setting. It worked but then I had to make it work correctly.

5 minutes ago, jdavis said:

I traded it in on this. Going to play in the Dirt now, nothing too serious though.

Thanks for the hospitality, its been a great stay.

20201023-DSC02515.jpg

Grats on the new bike. I have always had a soft spot for Guzzi's , since riding one back in the olden days. Be interesting to hear how you get on with this one.

12 minutes ago, jdavis said:

I traded it in on this. Going to play in the Dirt now, nothing too serious though.

20201023-DSC02511.jpg

20201023-DSC02523.jpg

Congrats! You're always welcome to chime in :)

Beautiful bike. 

• Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, jdavis said:

20201023-DSC02511.jpg

It’s been great having you here with us! 

Congratulations on the new Guzzi...  I’m sure you’re going to enjoy it.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Renewed my membership,  now that year did go quick. Keep up the good work fellas.

Just curious, did you get a reminder that it was due?  I'm sure mine is close to expiring.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***