What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Quite clever, eh. He is a nut for Motorhead. This is his wee crafts shop/tearoom, hahahaha :)

I saw them on their first and second tours in the UK, my ears are still ringing, but he was better with Hawkwind.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Stew said:

light flashing, not a problem , there's a good 30 miles left.

8 miles later , I had a couple of hours sit around until a farmer took pity on my weeping sobbing body and gave me some petrol to get home

You only got 8 miles from the fuel light on to empty?

• Supporting Member
57 minutes ago, Stew said:

Maybe 10.

I was seriously going for it for a bit though, but I was still shocked.

When the light starts flashing its Morse code for "Time to change the right hand inputs from 'sport' mode to 'economy' mode for a bit... 😎

I have got the flashing light many times and I immediately tame it down, have managed 20 miles a few times and once I got 25 miles before reaching a gas station and that was a 4.5 gallon top off. 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 minute ago, betoney said:

When the light starts flashing its Morse code for "Time to change the right hand inputs from 'sport' mode to 'economy' mode for a bit... 😎

I have got the flashing light many times and I immediately tame it down, have managed 20 miles a few times and once I got 25 miles before reaching a gas station and that was a 4.5 gallon top off. 

Twice , in the past 20 years, that I can remember, I have been stuck at the side of the road.

BOTH TIMES out of stupid petrol. :)

Once coming back from Amsterdam via Eurotunnel, which was around 2011 ish, and today.

I'll take that , operator error.

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, Stew said:

Twice , in the past 20 years, that I can remember, I have been stuck at the side of the road.

Once coming back from Amsterdam via Eurotunnel, which was around 2011 ish, and today.

At least you got stuck from having too much fun. Both times I’ve been stuck on the side of the road it was because I was on a Triumph 😂

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Stew said:

That's crazy usually you get at least 20 miles once the light starts flashing

I've noticed my mileage has been down but in actuality going to a 15 front end 44 rear it puts me in an RPM range where my mileage is better droning along at 65 but I still only averaged about 40 miles per gallon

I once ran out of gas in the middle of the Bay Bridge coming from Eastbay into San Francisco the Bay Bridge is a double-decker inbound is on top with out outbound Below had a great view of the Bay called on the box and he was out in 5 minutes and kept watching for somebody who could rear end us, gave me a gallon can of said fill it up and get the phuck out of here, which I did live and learn and that was on my BSA 500 single

Just got back from a short jaunt stopped it the Woodstock Harley bought a hat had some BBQ next door talk to a friend who just got a new 13 K 1600 last night I took Sheridan Road South and stopped at the Baha'i Temple in Wilmette still one of the most beautiful buildings in the US all concrete

20201106_185803.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

10 hours ago, betoney said:

Fortunately, I have never experienced that myself, I have been close a few times.  You're lucky it wasn't dumping rain. 

I once got a <expensive> speeding ticket doing 110mph on a bike. As the trooper was writing the ticket, it started pouring <cats and dog>  rain.

The trooper was pretty cool and asked if I wanted to sit in the car.  At that point it didn't matter, so I just stood in the rain and took my punishment.

Took a 50-mile ride to see if I incurred any oil leaks after installing an R&G clutch cover on my FJ.  NO!!!!

At  a coffee shop little FJ hung out with some big American muscle.

ride.JPG

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Nice

Loud even with a DJ killer (if available)?!

Cost, from where?

Yes its loud I ordered a DB insert for $50 Canadian.Nice work the system looks good,I paid $1.100 Canadian and its available in US from Woodcraft.If I feel its still to loud with DB insert I will just get rid of it and install stock system. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, ontheroad said:

Yes its loud I ordered a DB insert for $50 Canadian.Nice work the system looks good,I paid $1.100 Canadian and its available in US from Woodcraft.If I feel its still to loud with DB insert I will just get rid of it and install stock system. 

Listening to compare can videos on YouTube is sometimes interesting but not the end-all and be all of being up close and personal

live and learn

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, nhchris said:

Took a 50-mile ride to see if I incurred any oil leaks after installing an R&G clutch cover on my FJ.  NO!!!!

At  a coffee shop little FJ hung out with some big American muscle.

ride.JPG

I wouldn't park my bike that close to that thing it might be contagious.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

6 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Listening to compare can videos on YouTube is sometimes interesting but not the end-all and be all of being up close and personal

live and learn

Didn't listen too any sound clips,Hindle is 20 minutes away from me so I thought I would give them a try.The system is not too expensive so no big deal to me,I need to install my ais block offs and get a tune next.