What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

My wheels were satin black,just thought as the tyres were off i would have them done gloss as i like to keep my bikes really clean so they will really be noticeable,i have the blue/purple wheels on my mt10 and they are a nightmare to keep clean.

• Thumbsup 1

11 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I ADDED FRONT TS/RL TO THE REAR WITH 3RD WIRE AND LED DUAL FUNCTION F & R WITH TWIN FRONT DRIVING & L&R SIDE  MARKER LIGHTS + AUXILIARY LED STOP STRIP ON BACK EDGE OF SHAD TOP CASE RACK.

COUP DE GRACE IS A KISAN LED DEADLIGHT MODULATOR & HI-LO TWIN FIAM HORNS  WHEEL RIM TAPE SOCKS TOO

20170626_191741.jpg

20160831_214806.jpg

I need to add this to mine. I have the same LEDs. Amber on the front just forward of the fake honeycomb side vent and red on the metal piece holding the rear fender and license plate. The reds get covered up by my side cases. Nice job.

11 hours ago, Rick123 said:

Just cleaned her up. Lubricated the chain and attached small Heed bags on Heed engine guards. Ready for the ride tomorrow.

@Rick123 Please keep us updated on the heed bags, have heard some complaints that they aren't water resistant etc. Would be interested to know how they perform.

Cheers

Steve

2 hours ago, bowlin01 said:

@Rick123 Please keep us updated on the heed bags, have heard some complaints that they aren't water resistant etc. Would be interested to know how they perform.

Cheers

Steve

I'll keep it in mind Steve.

Edited by Rick123

Did the 50k mile service on my Ram mount; new strap and rubber feet. Although, I think I replace the straps every 10k miles. The rubber feet come in blue, which will go great with my blurple rims and blue accented levers and bar ends. The feet also come with super glue, which I liberally applied to my fingertips. 

A7B58173-B2BB-48A4-983A-3D035C701C78.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, yamtracergaz said:

I have re-purposed a blood pressure cuff to aid putting my wheels back on,it's great just place it on the ground with the wheel on top and pump it up[like a very small cushion]pump it until the spindle hole lines up,really helps as you have the spare hand needed to put in the caliper hanger properly and the spacers don't go flying across the garage,really good for the front also because you don't want the wheel dangling in one hand whilst trying not to cross thread the spindle in the fork,then a release valve to let it go flat and put it in your drawer,love it.

Great idea. They use the same approach for hanging doors.

$_62.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Find great deals for 120 kg HEAVY DUTY NYLON INFLATABLE AIR WEDGE...

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

5 hours ago, BBB said:

Great idea. They use the same approach for hanging doors.

$_62.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Find great deals for 120 kg HEAVY DUTY NYLON INFLATABLE AIR WEDGE...

Fabulous idea.....I just ordered this one for myself.  

s-l400.jpg

Works Great For Spreading Things Apart. Includes Manual...

• Premium Member

Went for a ride today. Had to try out the new rubber, brake pads and the OEM shock I had rebuilt by Terry at Norwest. 

I had bought a Nitron shock a while back. Never could get it dialed in. Figured out (not on my own)I kept turning the rebound adjuster the wrong way. So I got that sorted and still didn't like the feel. Anyway, I was curious about the OEM shock cause I was probably turning the screw the wrong way on that one too.

The ride today was a little chilly. The roads were a little damp in some places. Tires are great. A lot better than the budget Roadsmart 2's. The shock feels good too. I like it better than the Nitron. 

• Thumbsup 1

Got the bike back from service. Intake valves were all in spec, some of the exhaust valves were good, but most were loose, which was surprising.

More surprising, was that the bike almost died a few times during idle on the commute this morning. They did mention my battery was failing, so hopefully that’s the problem, and not... something else they did. 😕