What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Just rode it for few of hours, but for tomorrow the weather forecast looks good (15C here in Ontario, Canada) so it is going to be about 8 hours. It might be the last one this riding season...

Got my rearsets powdercoated! I also bought some rear passenger block plates as I mostly ride solo. I fit the bellypan too, still puzzled if I like it like that or without it. I also fitted a custim made seat and I will sell my Bagster one (it was lower than stock, I needed smth higher).

Beak is off to get it painted in matching grey.

tracer.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

15 hours ago, mellow said:

Installed the Givi LS2139 Light Brackets and mounted my Rigid Industry Dually D2 lights using these amazon bar mounts.

IMG_20201117_153111.jpg

I changed my mind on the 2 RI pods... looks too 'tracer 9T Dash' like to me ... ha!!!!

So, went with this... not as many lumens as the 2 pods but still quite useful and since the bar connects the 2 mounting points I feel it's a more solid install.

IMG_20201120_050639.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mellow said:

I changed my mind on the 2 RI pods... looks too 'tracer 9T Dash' like to me ... ha!!!!

So, went with this... not as many lumens as the 2 pods but still quite useful and since the bar connects the 2 mounting points I feel it's a more solid install.

IMG_20201120_050639.jpg

I drive at night. Thinking of doing something like this. I was thinking Denali DM 2.0. They are expensive though. Might do a light bar.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
21 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

Rode on my new front only sergent seat. Special sale right now $250 delivered.

20201120_135515.jpg

What do you think?   I really like mine...  it’s not perfect, but for me it’s a noticeable improvement from the stock seat.  

Accompanied my buddy on 80-mile shakedown run of his newly acquired 2016 Bonnie T120.  It's a beautiful bike with only 3k miles on the clock and an amazing fit n finish.

But my FJ is faster! :)

120.jpg

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

I added a Nelson rigg tail bag. I like it on the passenger seat but if I go camping my wolfman duffle bag goes there. So I may order the sw Motech tail rack. Hate adding weight and I really like the tail look of the stock tracer. Dunno I guess I’ll just ride it as is for now no trips planned with winter and Covid everywhere. Very nice bag though this is the commuter the smallest one they make out of three. Really like it, it expands up a little for bigger stuff. Fits great on the tracer rear seat. 

7B334ADD-6C16-44D2-AC5A-8808B181B7BA.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2

On 11/12/2020 at 1:23 PM, yamtracergaz said:

My wheels were satin black,just thought as the tyres were off i would have them done gloss as i like to keep my bikes really clean so they will really be noticeable,i have the blue/purple wheels on my mt10 and they are a nightmare to keep clean.

I wipe down my Blurple wheels probably once a week during the summer.  A few squirts of Honda Spray Polish and a rag. It's a labor of love.

Installed my Givi RP2139 sump guard tonight. Fits well and is super snug. Crazy how much industrial design is involved in that product since every mounting bracket has to bend and twist in every possible direction. This Givi one has a dense foam pad that is about 5 cm thick directly under the oil pan. Gives me confidence I could smack something pretty hard under the pan and it still wouldn't collapse upward with enough force to crack the oil pan and dump my oil. Any hit hard enough to do that will throw me of the bike and I'll have bigger problems! 

IMG_2314.jpeg

IMG_2313.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1