yamaham

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Rode it 256 fast miles today, she’s broke in. Ran it up to 120 mph chasing a KTM Super Adventure 1290 and a little weave not bad though no worse than my old Africa twin which couldn’t even do 120 lol

Got tired of my Valentine 1 Radar detector powered by cig plug and constantly vibrating loose. So I hard wired it after the ride, 1 beer job. 😆 

As soon as my aux power plug gets here I’ll install the dual USB port I already have. I’m off next 9 days and MS weather is just unreal right now! I would hit the road but everywhere I’d want to go is to cold or raining. So I’m staying in state snd with the Covid BS probably best to just do my own thing next several days. Which is ride and ride some more. Already have 1062 miles on it in 3 weeks 😬

Edited by roy826
  • Thumbsup 3

I gave the "Relive" app a test to record a ride.  It doesn't give you a ton of info about the ride and would be more interesting if I took more photos along the way but its a fun app to play with once in a while. 

png?x-ref=tc

View my motorcycle ride: Elbe, Morton, Boistfort

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

I gave the "Relive" app a test to record a ride.  It doesn't give you a ton of info about the ride and would be more interesting if I took more photos along the way but its a fun app to play with once in a while. 

png?x-ref=tc

View my motorcycle ride: Elbe, Morton, Boistfort

Wow, that's an awesome ride and a cool app. I'll have to look that up. I like how it shows you the route, but not in enough detail to actually retrace it. You know, no route numbers or street names or anything. I just went out tonight and rode out to Steamboat Island and the views of Rainier were lovely across the water. With my new Givi sump guard and the extra weight, I found I went .00001 mph less at 5,987 rpm. 🙂

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 7:05 PM, peteinpa said:

betoney it's a Cycle Guys tailbag. Never tried if it's waterproof, sadly they're out of business. Someone should take up the mfg. of these it's really cool.

They still have a few left I bought one from the owner and sadly it doesn't fit do you know exactly which model you got?

I've got 35000 miles on my sergeant which they did custom for me but still was less than 300 shipped a many moons ago.

I did the 6 LED pod like shown above but mounted them to the GV case cards which the guy with the under headlight driving light looks like he has so it's something to think about.

Did about 180 yesterday with a high of 41 and ventured where I shouldn't have but what difference does it make, the Wisconsin roads are much much better and Less Traveled than the Illinois roads it's just crazy what's going on here but I guess not as bad as on the Left Coast

Hope to get out again on Thanksgiving don't know after that because on the 30th my season ends.

20201121_180323.jpg

20201121_153620.jpg

• Like 1

I bought my Cycle Guys bag for my FZ-07 it's a size 3. It's small for the FJ-09, but can be pulled, squeezed on and works fine.

The FJ-09 isn't called out for in any size, I'm thinking of ordering another one as a spare. Let me know if you find out what fits.

These guys seem to have a bunch yet:

https://4wheelonline.com/motorcycle/the-cycle-guys-fastpack-tail-bags.208217.0

Edited by peteinpa

On 11/23/2020 at 6:52 AM, peteinpa said:

I bought my Cycle Guys bag for my FZ-07 it's a size 3. It's small for the FJ-09, but can be pulled, squeezed on and works fine.

The FJ-09 isn't called out for in any size, I'm thinking of ordering another one as a spare. Let me know if you find out what fits.

These guys seem to have a bunch yet:

https://4wheelonline.com/motorcycle/the-cycle-guys-fastpack-tail-bags.208217.0

Thanks but wow!  $68!  I may work on the one I have a bit more as it almost fit but for $22 shipped I was willing to chance it.  I believe the size 4 is the best fit if I recall correctly.

Ordered the Yamaha Tracer radiator guard. On backorder of course. Oh well maybe one of my riding buddies on their big powerful ADV bikes won’t pop a hole in my radiator during the two week wait. 

Made the switch from E10 ethanol gas to ethanol-free for the winter.  $5 a gallon at the nearby airport.

The dark season has arrived.

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Still quarantined in Greece so no rides for me. So, I decided to remove the Powerbronze bellypan and I fitted a SW-Motech (copy) skid plate. Not the best fit in the headers, I assume it was designed for the OEM headers, I might drill some new holes for nicer fit. I also installed a rear brake fluid reservoir protector.  I got the beak from painter too, so back in the front, firmly believe it compliments the looks of the Tracer.

tr1.jpg

tr2.jpg

Edited by lospsi
  • Thumbsup 3

@lospsi I think one of the members put on a knock off SW-Motec skid plates on his bike and it failed pretty bad. you might want to look up the post.

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

I installed my dual USB port. Cannot wire it up for power yet still waiting on my gray plug to tap power to the plug behind the dash. Had to take a dremel stone to the port hole. Why it was a 1000th to small to accept a very common item is beyond me. But 10 minutes later it was installed with no drama. 

Ebay tracking says I have until dec 4th when my plug arrives. No big deal it’s an easy access to get at. Unlike my Tenere 700 which the whole headlight has to come out to even get at the back of the spare socket hole. 

8D951865-68B8-4C84-BF80-4D023DE77B95.jpeg

FDEDE941-3233-4D63-9AC1-E52415CE815A.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

It's not lit up but I have QC3 dual USB with a voltmeter between with blue LED and I just made my own Spades to go in the OEM plug and it's work for many years20200517_170505.thumb.jpg.af69b9652b11b7befb99549892493471.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

7 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

@lospsi I think one of the members put on a knock off SW-Motec skid plates on his bike and it failed pretty bad. you might want to look up the post.

I will but I still can't see how it will fail. Unless you mean it won't be strong enough for protecting during of road adventures. I'm not planning on doing any of these, just a cosmetic upgrade and to protect from road grime...

• Thumbsup 1