What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Santa gave us a full set of 12 oclock labs turn signals for my bike and the wife got lowering links and a bigger windshield.
Now to work up the courage to work in a frozen garage.
Wish Santa would have bought a garage heater instead, maybe the government will help with that in the form of a stimulus package that I'll be paying interest on for the next 70 years. 😧

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

I hear you!

Long ago I decided I wasn't going to be sitting on milk crates in a cold garage working on my bikes.

So after living in our house for probably 7 years which was 32 years and 3 kids ago, I extended the driveway back and built the garage with the integral shop .  I actually designed it with a level floor with a ramp outside a 5.5 ft pocket door on an auto operator to the garage's 7.5 x 18' OH door.  A separate electric 100 mp meter and 32 gang service panel with 1-240v to power the AC 240 sleeve unit, 1500w heat (shop with 55k btu gas for the garage) 240v air compressor, air fridge, 6 - 4 ft Twin LED ceiling fixtures, 1 & 2 duplex every 4 ft (including in the ceiling), a 18 x 60" window (with nice low-profile burglar bars and mirrored glass and wireless security system though it needs replacement to add cameras and Smoke/CO), Wi-Fi, runner carpets, tools up the ass and old 95 Middleton handy life, and more.  I can wheel in the bikes from the garage right into the shop.  It's Nirvana, comparatively from what I lived through back in the day. My wifeof 40 + says she'll cast me in a big clear block of acrylic in full ATGATT (presumably with a dark visor on my flip- front) on my VTR and spotlight me in the living room for new suiters to see.

In years past she used to say have a good ride, make me a rich Widow. Now with economically things not so bright,and given I can't afford 750 k of life insurance anymore.  After your 65 you can basically write off getting life insurance, and covid-19 has pretty much made it impossible.

Happy New Year and let's look forward to a great 2021 from the bottom of my heart

If the foregoing has seemed self-serving, it's only because after two Bloody Marys and maybe 2 bowls of AAM, I'm thinking back on my life and what I've accomplished.  And whereas my shop and motorcycles maybe the cat's meow for somebody who thinks neat bikes made in the late 60s, my three children are my crowning glory, and only they exist because of "She who must be obeyed", who is a true saint.

Wordsmith, candy you dig it?

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

My SW-Motech City tank bag arrived today & I got it all setup!
Only difference was I had to keep the (drill template/spacer) on the bag under the mounting plate so it would reach & clip to the mounting ring on the fuel cap.

My Engage next to it for a size comparison. 

PXL_20201231_193125364.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member

Really nothing left to buy for my FJ, so I thought I would try a minor graphic accent.  Simple and subtle, just something to brighten up the dark fender, wheel and tire area with a little contrast.

Its far from perfect but not bad for a spray can. 

image.thumb.png.ce051230a34cc28d5c36040cd5b44418.png

image.thumb.png.bf0fe94c4110ad4efd690346aed12a31.png

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
On 12/31/2020 at 8:12 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

Happy New Year and let's look forward to a great 2021 from the bottom of my heart

If the foregoing has seemed self-serving, it's only because after two Bloody Marys and maybe 2 bowls of AAM, I'm thinking back on my life and what I've accomplished.  And whereas my shop and motorcycles maybe the cat's meow for somebody who thinks neat bikes made in the late 60s, my three children are my crowning glory, and only they exist because of "She who must be obeyed", who is a true saint.

Wordsmith, candy you dig it?

Succinctly put 2 & 3 and yes, I too can 'dig it' - Bloody Mary's notwithstanding - I think as you get older, you tend to appreciate the many facets of life much more than perhaps when you were younger and carefree. I say let's enjoy the 'ride' while we all still can. 🙂

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, betoney said:

Really nothing left to buy for my FJ, so I thought I would try a minor graphic accent.  Simple and subtle, just something to brighten up the dark fender, wheel and tire area with a little contrast.

FWIW - I like it! Nice touch.

It's getting to the stage where I too think I've done all of the upgrading that I'm prepared to do on my 2015 vintage model.

Just need to shake off/fix my recurring (most of 2020!) Carpel Tunnel issues so that I can actually enjoy my ride now moving  into 2021.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Just need to shake off/fix my recurring (most of 2020!) Carpel Tunnel issues so that I can actually enjoy my ride now moving  into 2021.

Have you tried sleeping with a wrist brace @dazzler24? It helps mine a lot.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, betoney said:

image.thumb.png.ce051230a34cc28d5c36040cd5b44418.png

image.thumb.png.bf0fe94c4110ad4efd690346aed12a31.png

Nicely done but why silver versus red, or even gold?

Nothing else to mod.  I just installed the plastered tail light.  I'll post pics eventually.

Next up is a valve lash and TB sync check once more, and maybe new plugs but at least the archaic OEM hotties can be cleaned.

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Nicely done but why silver versus red, or even gold?

Red, black and silver is the theme I am working with, heavily inspired by Honda's CB1000R. 

2019 Honda CB1000R ABS

image.thumb.png.4752944b48d2e28de985cd4427ce627e.png

image.thumb.png.4244eb72eba9963c28b20fcb3e05d90f.png

image.thumb.png.1773c331ab3b546f311a2e7943c7ad97.png

I even reshaped the rear grab handles and painted them silver for a bit of contrast on the back end.

image.thumb.png.c7cc7b818de3ea9fa04d4ac61b519b14.png

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

I get it.

We've moded our fastest reds very, very similarly.  Other than my Givi case guards and driving lights (and I'm sure several other items), your bar riser inserts versus my Street Naked bars, clear & black Stomp Grips vs tech Spec, different mirror extenders (unless you have those as well, and did you remove or add  your Shad pannier mounts?), and given you have a McCruise, our bikes our virtually identical (Penske vs K-tech aside, and my OEM turn signals with LED bulbs, auxiliary brake & side markers lights and now the Blaster-X tail light).  I'm debating between a Black Widow and Delkevic full system (as I want to be able to go back to stock) to install this winter (enough stealth already), and need to send my ECU to be reflashed by Dave at Vcyclenut.  Any thoughts in that regard; I'll also contact Dave before buying.

The HUGE difference is you have fantastic roads and scenery to tour around 😞

20201230_164936.jpg

20201230_172128.jpg

20201230_180317.jpg

20201230_192902.jpg

20201119_161640.jpg

20200913_163527.jpg

20201011_175914.jpg

20201209_175124.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Nothing else to mod.  I just installed the plastered tail light.  I'll post pics eventually.

Next up is a valve lash and TB sync check once more, and maybe new plugs but at least the archaic OEM hotties can be cleaned.

This winter my suspension is on the schedule to be serviced, I alternate every other year, one year its suspension service and the next year its valve service with TB sync and plugs.  The local suspension shop had a "25% off" Black Friday sale, so I have already pre-paid for the suspension service, I just need to get it done at some point.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, betoney said:

This winter my suspension is on the schedule to be serviced, I alternate every other year, one year its suspension service and the next year its valve service with TB sync and plugs.  The local suspension shop had a "25% off" Black Friday sale, so I have already pre-paid for the suspension service, I just need to get it done at some point.

Yeah I unread previously how are you had a prepaid suspension service dealready to pull. I did my suspension make last season including lubing the swingarm and linkage so this winter I just have to check the top-end and throttle bodies.

I know you have the Scorpion slip on any thoughts about the Black Widow full system which I'm heavily leaning toward versus the delkevic which doesn't seem to have the quality the Black Widow does 2 year vs 1 year warranty. As I don't want to be overly loud I'm thinking of the 400 mm oval stainless can with the carbon exhaust tip which is supposed to be about the same loudness as20210101_194351.thumb.jpg.c5407c0e869df74b8500a57c4b782032.jpg the stock exhaust being a fair bit lighter and free or breathing. Then I have the option of pulling the DB killer if it's too quiet however unlikely.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I know you have the Scorpion slip on any thoughts about the Black Widow full system which I'm heavily leaning toward versus the delkevic which doesn't seem to have the quality the Black Widow does 2 year vs 1 year warranty. As I don't want to be overly loud I'm thinking of the 400 mm oval stainless can with the carbon exhaust tip which is supposed to be about the same loudness as the stock exhaust being a fair bit lighter and free or breathing. Then I have the option of pulling the DB killer if it's too quiet however unlikely.

I don't have any experience with Black Widow or Delkevic but in the past, a few members here reported good things about the Black Widow, especially at its decent price.  The 300mm looks nice and compact, depending on the angle, the 400mm might stick out a bit.

The Scorpion I have is nice as the sound is deeper but I don't feel it is much if at all louder, I have never ridden it with the DB killer removed, only ran it in the driveway.  Quite a noticeable sound increase, though still not obnoxious.