What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, betoney said:

-To me- that damage is extremely minimal

100% vanity & pride bone-fixing project.  Nothing more.

Bonus:  coolant change

• Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, knyte said:

There are some short bolts, and some long ones...but it's obvious where they go, you can't get it wrong.

You are seriously over-estimating the quality of work I’ve seen on some bikes over the years...  :) 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, betoney said:

With the swingarm out of the way sitting on the floor, it is possible to access the shifter side without removing the rearset.  The brake side is a bit tighter depending what type of wrench you can fit in there.  In my case with an easy to remove slip-on exhaust, it was easier than if I had the one piece oem exhaust.

You must have a pipe also. The oem muffler is right up against the shifter/footpeg bolt. the swing arm is not in the way.

I'm not dropping the exhaust. Jeez, once I get it off I might drill and tap it for a zerk fitting.

4 hours ago, piotrek said:

I don't remember how much space you would have in there... but maybe just loosen the chain to get it out of the way and cut the key short to just engage properly and still clear the muffler.

Might have to sacrifice an allen just for that job. Then it would have to be a dedicated tool. Did that already for the CCT replacement.

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, knyte said:

100% vanity & pride bone-fixing project.  Nothing more.

Bonus:  coolant change

Should have installed one of those covers. hides the damage and adds armor to the place for the next drop. 

I didn't know the Chinese are making engine cases now. Got to hand it to them.  Good color match to that bronze paint?

EDIT: That part is black isn't it? 😣

Edited by peteinpa
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, piotrek said:

Brake pedal pivot shaft components showing some wear, but again... nothing unexpected.

20210117_145717.thumb.jpg.418128387b216f195689d5bf8a011007.jpg

I just Lube each side and work it in and hope for the best

next time I have the swing arm off I'll check for wear

• Supporting Member
15 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I just Lube each side and work it in and hope for the best

next time I have the swing arm off I'll check for wear

Lubed it that way a couple of times... trouble is, that just washes the grease away, but still better than nothing. The brake side is pretty much in the clear. I no longer have the OE brake light switch in there... so there is room to work.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, rodb47 said:

I'm looking right now. Found the Light Tech for $260. Yikes! Gonna keep looking. 

Sorry to hear about your issues... that’s a really bad design with the stock axle blocks.  

I have the Gilles Tooling adjusters on mine. Beautifully made, work great, and a bit more subtle than the LightTechs.   They’re still around if you search a bit...  here’s a vendor that showed up in a quick search for $130: 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, peteinpa said:

Might have to sacrifice an allen just for that job. Then it would have to be a dedicated tool. Did that already for the CCT replacement.

You could also just replace that bolt with a standard hex head and then use a combination wrench. I am thinking that this would allow you to do this routine without loosening the chain.

Edited by piotrek
  • Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Good color match to that bronze paint?

EDIT: That part is black isn't it? 😣

Yep, black.  Really good match.

I have 2" sliders now, mostly for footrests, but should protect the new case too.  Yes someday ultimately a cover would be nice.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

12 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Sorry to hear about your issues... that’s a really bad design with the stock axle blocks.  

I have the Gilles Tooling adjusters on mine. Beautifully made, work great, and a bit more subtle than the LightTechs.   They’re still around if you search a bit...  here’s a vendor that showed up in a quick search for $130: 

Thanks. Almost pulled the trigger on these. Found them for that price on Fleabay. Ended up getting the black non-flashy Lightechs. Anything to make chain maintenance easier. I've spent my life wrenching, time to ride. I was going to do the Chinese knock off versions but I'd rather pay for the original with known quality. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

the 2015 red was the best color

Totally agree.  I've seen a few Mazdas with a similar red, and Ford used to have a nice deep, red too.

Enjoy the ride!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, knyte said:

Totally agree.  I've seen a few Mazdas with a similar red, and Ford used to have a nice deep, red too.

Enjoy the ride!!

I have the fastest best red and couldn't resist posting this of my Mazda 2006 3s

My 76 rd400 is red and my 98 VTR as well the beautiful Italian red

20210118_123448.jpg

• Like 2