What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, rodb47 said:

Thanks. Almost pulled the trigger on these. Found them for that price on Fleabay. Ended up getting the black non-flashy Lightechs. Anything to make chain maintenance easier. I've spent my life wrenching, time to ride. I was going to do the Chinese knock off versions but I'd rather pay for the original with known quality. 

I thought the Gilles were pricey and had limited adjustment per "stroke" but the Lightspeed are even more dear, and I heard there first batch had machining issues.  Hence the totally different design of my Chinese adjusters that work well enough, and are lightyears better than the OEM.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

Oh trust me, I am...  :D  

9F4169CE-B677-466B-BBEF-7BDECB7CF2B0.jpeg

277A2096-8022-41FD-9B96-6FC0F26A7FB2.jpeg

Am I seeing double?  LOL 

No riding here.  The salt is inches deep in intersections.

Hi of 29 today and my backyard raised patio and ramped walk construction is on hold again.

We're hoping to finish it this Weds & Thurs, as it'll be in the 30s.  Woo Woo!

The clean-up and new landscaping will have to wait until spring but at least I'll have my smooth transition from back door down to the driveway, no stairs for us old fogies.  It's permeable with  hundreds of gallons of capacity but I had to do that or it'd be literally half the size.

20210114_100604.jpg

20210114_133606.jpg

20210114_133614.jpg

20210114_133640.jpg

20210114_141353.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
21 minutes ago, rodb47 said:

Took way to long to do this.  Dremel and a chisel. Nut was corroded onto axle. Will use either grease or antiseize and lower the torque as required.  Parts are ordered.

Yikes! - Glad you got it off.  The factory torque spec is ridiculous.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Am I seeing double?  LOL 

No idea what happened there...  I edited the post to get something different.   

The patio project looks nice!  I have several home projects that need to get back on track; most notably the workshop renovations &  improvements.  

On 1/17/2021 at 7:54 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

I installed these a couple of years ago cheap on fleabay

20210117_185337.jpg

Does anybody here have these on their 2019 GT? Not sure if they fit? 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
49 minutes ago, NormR said:

Does anybody here have these on their 2019 GT? Not sure if they fit? 

According to Partzilla, the axle block part number is the same for the FJ/MT/XSR/Tracer and GT.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Beautiful January day in MS Monday. I was off work due to the holiday and saddled up early and put in 250 miles of back roads. Had an awesome burger at Ed’s burger joint in Hattiesburg, MS sand rode the locally famous Red Bluff Rd. 

What top speed is the Tracer GT limited to? Ran mine up to indicated 132 mph yesterday on a flat road. It didn’t cut off, gps indicated 129 mph. It did that with ease going up through 4th, 5th into 6th even with that big oem touring windscreen in low position. 

472DBCD6-EF8D-4559-AB3C-E40A2348DDF2.jpeg

C6BD6DB8-77A9-4F8F-9148-46A53BD54E72.jpeg

7333853F-30D1-4E22-AC9B-40F584A7BD70.jpeg

Edited by roy826
  • Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, roy826 said:

What top speed is the Tracer GT limited to? Ran mine up to indicated 132 mph yesterday on a flat road.

Did Yamaha finally get rid of the limiter or do you have an ECU tune?

14 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

Did Yamaha finally get rid of the limiter or do you have an ECU tune?

I do not have a ecu tune bike is all stock except for a full Akro exhaust system. It had more to give I just rolled out at 132 mph on my own.

41 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

I'm guessing when the swing arm (and wheelbase) got longer the limiter got dropped.

What year was that?

Mine is a 2020 GT, it was rock solid at that speed. Plenty stable. I think mine is the same as a 2018 I know for sure the same as a 2019.

Edited by roy826

15 hours ago, betoney said:

Yikes! - Glad you got it off.  The factory torque spec is ridiculous.

I was normally torquing it to 90 ft lbs which I thought was high. The first time I torqued to the spec in the manual, I said no way. I'm a helicopter mechanic. I've been torquing bolts for 35 years. It felt like I was going to destroy the threads. There was some slight galling on the axle threads.

• Thumbsup 1