What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I did a tail tidy using the stock yamaha parts. I will post a link to a video soon.
-Take off the rear passenger seat
-Unclip the three wires that go to the signal lights and the taillight(I labeled each wire and it's matching wire with some masking tape to ensure I didn't mix them up when reinstalling)
-undo the four locknuts
-drop the wires out and remove the rear license plate bracket
-Disassemble the long metal bracket from the license plate assembly (four black round screws)
And remove the plastic wire retainer that holds the wires tight to the brackets underside.

- I bought 4 -2" long 6mm stainless bolts
-4 stainless fender washers (fender washer just has a larger outside diameter)
-4 stainless lock washers
4-nylon spacers 1" long ( you could use aluminum as long as the inside diameter of the spacer is 6mm)
I found these at a local hardware store.

The nylon spacers hold the licence plate bracket away from the underside of the pillion so the plastic shroud doesn't get crushed when bolts are tightened.
-The bolts and washers drop in from the topside.
-the nylon spacers slide onto the bolts from the underside.
-then the bolts thread into to threaded holes on the licence plate bracket.
**** see info below
Tighten it all down and it will be solid as a rock.
I also removed the metal bracket that holds the cheesy reflectors on the side of the bracket.

****I had to re drill the two of the four holes under the passenger seat to make them closer together ( the two closest to the front of the bike)
I thought the holes would line up perfectly but they don't !
It's like yamaha does this on purpose so you have to buy an aftermarket tail
I also had to dremel out some of the plastic around the relocated bolts so the plastic liner tray can sit flat. ( This gets covered by the tool kit)
Hope it helps. I'll Post a video link soon.

• Premium Member
Spent some time on the FJ this weekend...shortened tag holder stem by a whole bunch, added some kellermann led signal lights, wrapped the lower hard case mounts with 3M carbon vinyl (thanks for the idea FJ-09.org)...When all was done I pulled it outside for a little sunshine.  Still dying to ride it for the first time..  soon dammit!!  

sKHmosP.jpg
iJBANjoh.jpg
mqn5bp8h.jpg
GNSacBuh.jpg
WSmFbhbh.jpg
W8gKC1Eh.jpg
Ff4HAogh.jpg

• Premium Member
Spent some time on the FJ this weekend...shortened tag holder stem by a whole bunch, added some kellermann led signal lights, wrapped the lower hard case mounts with 3M carbon vinyl (thanks for the idea FJ-09.org)...When all was done I pulled it outside for a little sunshine.  Still dying to ride it for the first time..  soon dammit!! 
Very nice, you must have a welder. One of the things I was never very good at.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Phase One FJ-09 Mods:

FZ6 footpegs installed: check
Frame sliders installed: check
Rear rack installed: check
Rear pegs removed: check
Ball mount w/phone installed: check
Cal Science windscreen installed: check

Phase One complete: CHECK

10974669_10152820533307663_2305936661424991186_o.jpg

10648637_10152820533302663_2482057710926368112_o.jpg

Got another short (34 mile) ride in. Odometer now reads 102.  

The California Science windscreen is a HUGE improvement over stock.  Much less buffeting and a far quieter ride.  The FZ6 footpegs felt better on the feet, too.

Phase One FJ-09 Mods:

10974669_10152820533307663_2305936661424991186_o.jpg

10648637_10152820533302663_2482057710926368112_o.jpg

The California Science windscreen is a HUGE improvement over stock.  Much less buffeting and a far quieter ride.  The FZ6 footpegs felt better on the feet, too.

@cameron12x Can I post these pics on the front page? Awesome looking bike!!

Phase One FJ-09 Mods:

Nice work Jeff!! Looks great! Love the frame sliders! Did you have much trouble getting the left side footpeg off?
Thanks Kevin!  I had a friend come over with a high-speed saw and we cut the peen/rivet out of the left side footpeg.  After that, it was a piece of cake!

• Premium Member
Very nice, you must have a welder. One of the things I was never very good at.
Thanks, I have a little mig welder I like to play with... I dont do it as much as would like to though.

Did we ever get a link for this?  Looks good.  Thanks for sharing. 
Link please?   :)

would you please remove the Givi Baseplate Cover and snap a few more photos of how exactly you had mounted the Givi Base Plate to Yamaha OEM Rack?

Top / Side / Bottom photos would be great, much appreciated!

Givi mount on Yamaha rack. To keep soft bags stable at speeds made stabilizer bar. dUAPWob.jpg

• 2 weeks later...