What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, keithu said:

I don't know about California but I doubt there are any major desalinization systems in Oregon or Washington. We have plenty of fresh water, no need to bother with the ocean. 

It seems like everyone is looking for someone or something to blame in Texas. I think it's way too early for this. This is a natural disaster, they need help.

Inquiring minds want to know I feel for anybody going through that and in some countries it's like that all the time so everything is relative

I mentioned global warming El nino And micro climates But like wintersdark said,  We have codes to protect people whether there fully adhered to or not is another thing but freezeups for example are huge problem here, as our roof collapses. The ice dams like we are having now are is bad as I've seen in 30 years. People die here by the hundreds In sub 0 weather, whether they are street people, the sick or elderly or just unlucky.   I don't know if it made the national news but a guy suffocated Yesterday here, they say he was crushed by an awning that collapsed on him due to the snow.

Texas is a huge state and they do things their own way in a big way and when shit happens it happens in a big way

The Texas coast Is a funnel for bad weather But still redundancy and preparedness and systematic control of infrastructure seems to be lacking there

I could make a political statement but I won't But fingerpointing is coming from within the Parties responsible for it Except they're pointing them in the opposite direction

• Supporting Member
42 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

The most expensive tidy on earth: R&G Racing

And yes, it fits with the hard cases with the blinkers.

I always thought R&G's pricing was obnoxiously outrageous, until I saw Yoshimura and Puig... 😲

yoshimura_fender_eliminator_kit_aprilia_

Clean up your motorcycle’s rear end with this dazzling laser-cut and LED-lit...
puig_fender_eliminator_kit_yamaha_fz0920

Puig manufactures their Fender Eliminators from 2mm sheet iron and...

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, micah2074 said:

No

LOL

Never have figured out why people sacrifice functionality for looks.  I ride in the rain too much to bob a fender or eliminate such a feature.  I added the Pyramid carbon fiber hugger extension which works very well.  As does sealing the gaps in the OEM hugger where it interfaces with the swing arm.  Keeps my Razor R a lot cleaner too.

• Thumbsup 1

3 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

LOL

Never have figured out why people sacrifice functionality for looks.

That's the kind of reasoning that's got us all white/silver/black, homgololated, tee time at 10, oh no my resale value, econobox SUV's on the market.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member

I got my suspension back from the service center for the biennial servicing, its so clean and shiny!!  While I had the bike torn apart I cleaned and greased the swingarm, linkage and wheel bearings and cleaned the air filter. 

I just put on brand new tires, so except for standard air filter and oil changes and one more change of tires this year I am good to go for bike maintenance until this time next year for the 3rd valve check.  No other maintenance is due, all I have to do is add gas and RIDE!!!  😎👍

image.thumb.png.6e901116bc412534e2a5c604c94a800f.png

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, kilo3 said:

Since my bike was torn apart anyhow, got the brake switch taken care of under warranty.

I honestly couldn't believe how cheap that u-haul trailer was. 15 bucks out the door, worked slick

PXL-20210219-202229744.jpg

Hah I rode mine yesterday to have that recall brake switch thing done.  It's always fun, as there's always guys at the shop who want to test ride the bike with winters in the snow.  Anlas should pay me.  

On 2/18/2021 at 1:20 PM, betoney said:

I always thought R&G's pricing was obnoxiously outrageous, until I saw Yoshimura and Puig... 😲

yoshimura_fender_eliminator_kit_aprilia_

Clean up your motorcycle’s rear end with this dazzling laser-cut and LED-lit...
puig_fender_eliminator_kit_yamaha_fz0920

Puig manufactures their Fender Eliminators from 2mm sheet iron and...

Yeah, Yoshi and Puig tail tidy kits are absurd.  I always ask as while I've traditionally run the no-name ebay special $25-50 tail tidies, the Tracer one I happened to have already (was shipped the wrong one when I ordered for my MT07) wouldn't fit the hardcases, so I'm a bit leery.

6 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

LOL

Never have figured out why people sacrifice functionality for looks.  I ride in the rain too much to bob a fender or eliminate such a feature.  I added the Pyramid carbon fiber hugger extension which works very well.  As does sealing the gaps in the OEM hugger where it interfaces with the swing arm.  Keeps my Razor R a lot cleaner too.

I don't particularly enjoy riding in the rain. If there is a strong chance of rain, I'll take the car (commute) or find some other activity to participate in that day. Of course there are exceptions if there is a planned trip or some such.

I do enjoy a bike that 'looks' cool to me and the cancerous fender extension that hangs off the back of every new bike is the first to go.

My bike is generally spotless. That is part of the experience that brings me joy. I don't see why one has to be dismissive over the matter.

Edited by roadwarrior
  • Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

LOL

In my experience the stock thing  was no better than the eliminator. So I got better looks with the same performance. I ride a lot in the rain. My aerostich likes getting dirty

Let’s go Brandon