What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Cutting off all the parts and the bottom of the fender and moving the license plate up can actually be done without changing the arm length, and vice versa.  It will still have a pretty big impact.  

By the way...link to my writeup:  

Edited by Jfundo
  • Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

No capacity for welding, unfortunately.  I was hoping there was a welding free idea in there 😃

Ditto.  Actually I didn't think it looked that bad and now I just got new to me bags so it's fine.😄

20210419_134839.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

I went on a short ride during my lunch break to snag a tag for this year's Mileage Mania this year. The Barkbusters are nice. They block a lot more wind than the stock handguards. It does seem like the mirrors buzz just a little bit more at highway speed (70-80 mph) than with the stock guards, but not too bad. I love the stock Tenere cruise buttons - so much easier to reach and operate than the MCC controller. 

M03I2vF5M2N3bCvqTnoZwEEDxW2z4sG-caouxyMw

Does this angle make my butt look big? :D The 53L Givi case is a bit portly, but oh so useful!

• Thumbsup 1

On 9/8/2020 at 6:21 PM, WKE002 said:

Installed back seat rest. Yet to test it out with my wife. Since no plan to get a top box, got these for about usd7 .

How do I get this in the US? I dont want a top box, but my wife sure would appreciate a back rest. Please guide.

• Thumbsup 1

On 4/10/2021 at 4:13 PM, texscottyd said:

I actually did the big brake upgrade a couple of years back... about the same time I bought these Galfer steel lines.   

EBC 320 rotors, HH pads, and stock rubber lines:

E6037152-39C2-4AFF-BF99-5E817E94A2A6.thumb.jpeg.f5d25d12e17908187671df73149185b0.jpeg

I can hear the Sesame Street song playing in my head:  “One of these things is not like the others.  One of these things just doesn’t belong...” 

@texscottyd @betoney and/or anyone else that has gone with the EBC HH pads... have you noticed excessive rotor wear? Should I bother upgrading to the EBC rotors if the stockers still have life in them? Having a hard time finding the correct EBC rotor part #.

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, duhs10 said:

@texscottyd @betoney and/or anyone else that has gone with the EBC HH pads... have you noticed excessive rotor wear? Should I bother upgrading to the EBC rotors if the stockers still have life in them? Having a hard time finding the correct EBC rotor part #.

I haven’t noticed any excessive wear on the rotors or pads. I have been using the HH pads on R1 rotors for a few years and still have plenty of pad material on the first set of pads. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

31 minutes ago, betoney said:

I haven’t noticed any excessive wear on the rotors or pads. I have been using the HH pads on R1 rotors for a few years and still have plenty of pad material on the first set of pads. 

I figured the pads would last, but my experience with ceramic pads (I know sintered are slightly different) on cars has been that the rotors need to be replaced prior to the pads.

Found the EBC rotors but at $200/each, I'm not sure its worth the $$$. 

What are your thoughts on EBC HH pads on the stock rotors? Should be ok I would think... otherwise I will just order the OE replacement pads and call it a day.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member

OEM pads are only GG friction rating, EBC are HH+, much grippier.

Other pads by Gafer, Braking, SBS, Ferodo, Vesrah (the RJL are my favorite), etc are HH and the only way to go.

Like Betoney, I went with the R1 rotors AND master cylinder with Spiegler lines.

Suspension and a saddle are also essential mods IMO...  And for the 15 and 16 models, the XSR slips assist clutch and Mccruise.

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, duhs10 said:

I have been running EBC HH pads on R1 rotors. No excessive wear observed. I don't think I would be replacing healthy stock rotors for anything else of the same size.

Edited by piotrek
  • Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, duhs10 said:

I’ve had the EBC 320mm rotors & HH pads on mine for about 8,000 miles, and the rotors are still in great shape.  The contact patch of the swept area of the pad is clearly visible, but I can’t detect any ridge of noticeable wear.  I would estimate the pads as having about 50% life remaining, so somewhere around 15k miles useful life seems reasonable.   

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, duhs10 said:

What are your thoughts on EBC HH pads on the stock rotors? Should be ok I would think... otherwise I will just order the OE replacement pads and call it a day.

The HH pads will give you better bite on the rotor, I have used them on current and previous bikes and wouldn't have any reservations with using them on any bike I buy.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, duhs10 said:

So, @piotrek, @texscottyd, @betoney... EBC HH pads ok with stock rotors?

Absolutely.   I’ve done that on many other bikes, and I’ve seen where several forum members here have done EBC HH pads on the stock FJ/Tracer rotors.    It’s a great upgrade.  

• Thumbsup 2