• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
On 9/6/2021 at 12:39 PM, roadwarrior said:

^^^ Weird it keeps uploading my picture sideways.

Yea, I've noticed that happens occasionally as well.  I've now taken to using the Snipping Tool (W10) on the photo that is giving the grief and that seems to sort it. 🤷‍♂️

• Thumbsup 1

16 hours ago, Warchild said:

Today on the Tracer: Warchild-wife and I completed Finisher Status in the inaugural PNW-Grand Tour event, picking up 12 of 30 Location offerings on the Tour. The final two that gave us Finisher status were: White Bird, Idaho and then Lochsa Lodge on HWY 12 west of Lolo Pass 

https://www.relive.cc/view/v36AgRN8RGv

ID6_WhiteBird.thumb.jpg.f33045d201e9336c985686c0bbff5578.jpg

Highway 12 west of Lolo pass to Kooskia is one of my all time favourite rides.  I actually had that ride in mind specifically when I bought my Tracer (then &@%#ing Covid hit) - It's part of my annual ride down through the US, with the stop at Luscia Lodge for gas and lunch.  That whole river valley is absolutely astounding riding with great twists and turns you can do at a really good pace. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Highway 12 west of Lolo pass to Kooskia is one of my all time favourite rides. 

Lochsa Lodge is just awesome - little wonder it was on the PNW-GrandTour this year.

LochsaLodgeFlag.thumb.jpg.3b25995e0d8930c65cc2f7a1c77740fd.jpg

It's part of my annual ride down through the US, with the stop at Luscia Lodge for gas and lunch.

We spent the night in a cabin, temps in the low 40's for breakfast. Annie was happy to have her Warm-N-Safe liner to wear:

HappyAnnie.thumb.jpg.3d7538ee9a7343003567a7a340ee9013.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
On 9/5/2021 at 5:24 PM, Warchild said:

Today on the Tracer: Warchild-wife and I completed Finisher Status in the inaugural PNW-Grand Tour event, picking up 12 of 30 Location offerings on the Tour.

What is the story with this "PNW-Grand Tour" event?  Sounds like there are a lot of interesting locations.  If you have mentioned it before, I feel like I missed it. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

From the website:  https://pnwgrandtour.com/

Welcome to the inaugural season of PNW Grand Tour! We are trying to fill a void for riders who are eager to get out and explore the beautiful roads of the PNW without the competitive nature of a timed rally. This rally was started as a labor of love to fill a void left by two earlier GT style rallies that no longer operate for a variety of reasons. Visit as many locations as you like from a selection in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and portions of Western Montana, Northern Nevada and Northern California.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Tried changing my chain and sprockets but got stymied. The front sprocket is on tighter than anything I’ve seen before. I haven’t been able to remove it, even spraying PB Blaster on it. I guess I’ll let the PB sit a bit longer. 

Edit: finally got it loose. 

• Thumbsup 1

On 9/6/2021 at 9:08 PM, Warchild said:

From the website:  https://pnwgrandtour.com/

Welcome to the inaugural season of PNW Grand Tour! We are trying to fill a void for riders who are eager to get out and explore the beautiful roads of the PNW without the competitive nature of a timed rally. This rally was started as a labor of love to fill a void left by two earlier GT style rallies that no longer operate for a variety of reasons. Visit as many locations as you like from a selection in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and portions of Western Montana, Northern Nevada and Northern California.

Ohh interesting, I am riding up to Western MT, Idaho, and WY next week :) 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, 3sum said:

Tried changing my chain and sprockets but got stymied. The front sprocket is on tighter than anything I’ve seen before. I haven’t been able to remove it, even spraying PB Blaster on it. I guess I’ll let the PB sit a bit longer. 

I presumed you unstaked the nut!  Which can be reused at least once.

Wedge Or bungee your rear brake on and get a Motion pro chain sprocket jammer Or equivalent, and buy an inexpensive electric or pneumatic impact wrench from Harbor freight tools.

For sure it'll then come off!

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I presumed you unstaked the nut!  Which can be reused at least once.

Wedge Or bungee your rear brake on and get a Motion pro chain sprocket jammer Or equivalent, and buy an inexpensive electric or pneumatic impact wrench from Harbor freight tools.

For sure it'll then come off!

I did unstake the nut. Weird design I’ve never seen before but I did do it. I eventually got it but damn it was on tight. Since I’ll have rear wheel off to change the rear sprocket, I’m pulling the PR5 off that didn’t last for shit and replacing it too. 

• Premium Member

Put a new chain, sprockets, and since I had the rear wheel off, I went ahead and changed out the PR5 (that I burned through). I went down 1 tooth on the front sprocket. The gold D.I.D. looks real good. {why it’s flipping the pictures upside down is beyond me}.E8403B27-490F-42BD-B224-0E5043D54F8A.thumb.jpeg.36bb79b5ed8dbfe871234cdecd148783.jpeg

I do wonder about the flaring of the pin though. I’ve never done a hollow pin before and I’m not sure I flared it enough. 
527154F3-04B3-41F1-887D-EB580488CB87.thumb.jpeg.869bfdeaf9cb407ed5fcfa7445caac05.jpeg

27381E1A-912E-4DB6-98B7-BF4E56548CA1.jpeg

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, 3sum said:

I did unstake the nut. Weird design I’ve never seen before but I did do it. I eventually got it but damn it was on tight. Since I’ll have rear wheel off to change the rear sprocket, I’m pulling the PR5 off that didn’t last for shit and replacing it too. 

I've heard the PR5 don't last as long as the 3 and 4.

My biggest complaint about the PR is their sensitivity to Tar Snakes.

Though my new T32 don't seem much better.

The RS3 certainly were.

• Premium Member

I put back the OEM Dunlop (blech) that I pulled off shortly after buying the bike. I’ll burn through it and get a set of Angel GT’s that I loved on my Sprint and Tiger. 

• Thumbsup 1