What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, MemphisTracer said:

Thank you sir! She's got 1700 miles. I'm hoping there's a BIG difference in comfort. I don't find the stock seat that disagreeable, but after an hour I'm squirming all over the place.

Only 1700!  Where'd you find it with such low miles (and for how much)?

My well used but by no means anywhere near as high mileage as several other brothers 15 I bought new in July of 16.  I took much of 19 off due to work though or it'd have another 12k likely.

20210814_165545.jpg

20210702_133120.jpg

20210702_140101.jpg

20210702_173701.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

God that red is outstanding.  I wish I understood why Yamaha went from offering all those *fantastic* colorways on the FJ's to primarily bad to mediocre ones on the Tracer 900.  The new gen 3 Tracer's at least have non-ugly color schemes, but they're not great either.  Not like that.

• Thumbsup 1

Took the Tracer out for a nice spin down some chilly mountain roads this evening.  It's been neglected over the last while what with the Fun New Toy, and it was great to get a chance to stretch her legs.  

As much as I really love the T7, and how it's a quite competent highway/windy road bike, the Tracer seemed pretty eager to showcase just what it's good at.  Always so nice to listen to that triple sing coming out of corners.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member

Hand guards went on last night. Appreciated them in the morning. Changed the coolant today. It was good to see the old fluid come out clean blue. 👍

Edited by piotrek
  • Thumbsup 3

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Change the oil (Motul 7100),  Flushed the brakes with Motul DOT 5.1 after having some sluggish braking in cold weather (5.1 and DOT4 LV are both very good and low viscosity DOT4 compatible fluids, should make ABS work better as well),  and cleaned /inspected the chain.  9000mi on the stock chain and no issues found so far. 

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 9/13/2021 at 1:57 PM, Xstoff said:

Installed the radiator guard I finally received and new footpegs (Puig enduro)

Hey did you have any problem fitting the oem springs into the Puig footrests? I'm struggling with the left side one 

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, piotrek said:

Hand guards went on last night. Appreciated them in the morning. Changed the coolant today. It was good to see the old fluid come out clean blue. 👍

I did that early last week.  Givi touring screen is back on, too.  It was much appreciated the next morning when it was 50 degrees instead of the predicted 60 and I had minimal layers on.  Nice quiet air for commuting, too.

• Thumbsup 1

19 hours ago, piotrek said:

Just put mine back on too.  They're not great hand guards, but they do make a difference when it's cold.  Gonna swap my sport screen back for the stocker too, and have the winter tires going on right now. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Just put mine back on too.  They're not great hand guards, but they do make a difference when it's cold.

The KTM guards aren't much good near freezing either. I absolutely hate thick gloves, so I have high hopes for the Enduro Grip Mitts when mercury falls. With the grip heaters I should be able to ride out the season in some comfort. I will eventually wuss out... 😒

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif