What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Today I put away the ginormous FJR1300 side cases and went back to my factory hard bags, which have seen no action since the outer lids were re-sprayed gloss black last spring.

I did a nice ceramic coating on the lids, and added these splendid little black/silver accents:  

rightCase.thumb.jpg.5b0743ea56bfdba538642c8008ce0684.jpg

rightCasePoitrat2.thumb.jpg.9f8b8b9b997868fc62b077f04224dc12.jpg

• Thumbsup 6
  • Like 1

Looking good! I've been tempted to paint my stock lids to match the color of the bike. Seems like there is too much black on my bike for my taste.

• Like 1

2020 Tracer 900GT /1978 Suzuki GS750E /1978 Suzuki GS1000 /1982 Suzuki GS1100E /1999 Honda GL1500SE

• Supporting Member

Changed the oil and took up some 15-20mm of excess chain slack. I should have checked sooner I guess. There is wear on the front sprocket and the chain feels tired. I will put chain and sprockets on my to-do list over the winter. This year will include a valve lash check, so that will be exciting.

• Thumbsup 5

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

On 10/14/2021 at 6:24 PM, piotrek said:

Changed the oil and took up some 15-20mm of excess chain slack. I should have checked sooner I guess. There is wear on the front sprocket and the chain feels tired. I will put chain and sprockets on my to-do list over the winter. This year will include a valve lash check, so that will be exciting.

It is time to check valves lash check on mine too. You’ve done once already right? Where have you got shims?

I had planned on taking the S1000XR for a little 600-mile weekend romp, until 30 minutes before departure, I noticed the rear tire had a short section of "ginsu knives" effect - that gnarley tread separation. It would be bare steel within a couple hundred miles, so, nope. Instant change of plans, The Yamaha assumes all duties for this weekend, because the Motorcycle Gods have Shined the Light upon it!

15Oct!stWorldProblem.thumb.jpg.9bf2a8ccaffbf74cd22cc51420735b93.jpg

https://www.relive.cc/view/v1vj1MKLwJq 

• Thumbsup 1

8 hours ago, Rick123 said:

At 50 000km replaced OEM chain drive with this DID 525 VX3 gold and black. 

62D87C7A-268C-4848-8168-670E2B341156.jpeg

Took her for a ride and couldn’t believe the difference. Like day and night. So smooth and quiet again. I didn’t even realize until first stop that I wasn’t wearing ear plugs 😀

• Supporting Member
42 minutes ago, Rick123 said:

Thanks. I know what you used. My question is where you got them?

Oops... sorry about that. Bought them here. These are 7.48mm shims listed for Honda CRF150R. FJ is not listed, but the shims are the same OD.

Edited by piotrek
  • Thumbsup 3

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Went fender to tail on a thorough inspection, topped up some fluids, adjusted cables, etc.  Tomorrow I'm leaving on a trip to Vancouver Island, and it's kind of a sketchy time to be traversing the Rocky Mountains.  Weather looks bad but tolerable - 5-8c and probably raining - but there's always a real chance of that turning to snow particularly around Rogers Pass.

Bike's good, though, everything working as it should, winters are fitted, got a new set of riding boots (Forma ADV Tourer boots) which are also my first riding boots - I'm hoping this can be my first time ever facing lots of rain and NOT getting my feet wet.

Petty excited for the trip - I haven't had an opportunity (stupid COVID!) to take the Tracer on a multi day trek, so this should be fun.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member

I can't wait to do that trip in the spring.  I'd go this weekend, too, if not for other plans.  Going through Banff probably?

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
42 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

Petty excited for the trip - I haven't had an opportunity (stupid COVID!) to take the Tracer on a multi day trek, so this should be fun.

Have fun on your trip, there's nothing I enjoy more than a multi-day ride, between simple 800 mile over nighters to week-long adventures, I've managed to go 14k miles so far this year. 

Too bad the weather is so crappy right now, hopefully you avoid any snow.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***