What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member

If the Heed were available for my 15 back then, I'd have maybe got them over the Givi.

The Heed offer Much better acces to the left side crank plug.

Not sure I like the nylon slider though which you me can catch on road irregularities and whatnot though it is behind a bar and short.  Also not as good to mount driving lights and hiway pegs.

Nice 2nd fastest red color but the 22 red is close.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, keithu said:

LOL no.

The FB groups are a shitshow, of course. I got called a wanker for stating I enjoy 1000+ mile days. But to be fair, the Tracer FB groups aren't much better.

I'm still in search of a useful web forum. I joined one, but it is light on value. If you ask about the best exhaust, tires, or carbon fiber bits you'll get dozens of replies. But ask about where to install a Fuzeblock for electrical farkles and it's crickets. I hope everyone appreciates the uniqueness of this Tracer forum.

We're a bunch of people who seem to have a technical bend always offering to help without ego, sort of a Midwest 1st generation off the farm even though we're scattered.

A "can do" comradery, we instinctively want to share our experience and time to bring us together though few of us ever will meet on a ride...

• Thumbsup 4

2 hours ago, keithu said:

LOL no.

The FB groups are a shitshow, of course. I got called a wanker for stating I enjoy 1000+ mile days. But to be fair, the Tracer FB groups aren't much better.

I'm still in search of a useful web forum. I joined one, but it is light on value. If you ask about the best exhaust, tires, or carbon fiber bits you'll get dozens of replies. But ask about where to install a Fuzeblock for electrical farkles and it's crickets. I hope everyone appreciates the uniqueness of this Tracer forum.

Yeah the tracer FB groups are a hot mess in many ways,  and the people who seem dismayed at other peoples riding styles are hilarious.     And yeah I've found the higher end bikes, especially European bikes,  the owners do NOT do farkles... they pay others to do the farkles and don't know what they are or how they were installed.   Only outlier is Triumph owners... those guys will fab farkles out of a dozen parts from other bikes :) 

• Thumbsup 2

20 hours ago, trevinator said:

replaced the front tire today. i think it was the easiest tire change i have ever done! used the tire spoons to pop the bead, then remove the tire from the rim. little spray of soapy water and popped the new tire on and back on the bike. took less than an hour after finding a 14mm hex socket. oh, and i ordered what i think is the only rubber dampened 15 tooth jt sprocket left in the world for it. i only found the one and its coming from latvia. this is the part# if anyone is curious. JTF1591.15RB

15 tooth front sprocket will break cruise control.  Furthest you can go is 16/47, 15/45 will cause CC to shut itself off in 5-20 seconds.

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

15 tooth front sprocket will break cruise control.  Furthest you can go is 16/47, 15/45 will cause CC to shut itself off in 5-20 seconds.

i guess its a good thing my 2017 doesnt have cruise control then. 😜

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, trevinator said:

i guess its a good thing my 2017 doesnt have cruise control then. 😜

Fair enough :) Doesnt show those taglines on the mobile app sadly, just didn't want someone else to go through the nightmare I did.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

Fair enough :) Doesnt show those taglines on the mobile app sadly, just didn't want someone else to go through the nightmare I did.

15 - 46 & 47 wasn't an issue for my McCruise! 😎

• Thumbsup 2

On 5/22/2022 at 1:52 PM, MemphisTracer said:

Very nice! I had a Delkevic exhaust on my 2006 FZ1. What size is that?

9” oval

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

1000 mile days!!! 😏😏😁

Best of luck with your Italian stallion!  Painting with a broad brush, but most riders don’t know jack shit about the mechanics, let alone the electrical on their bikes. The best forum for detailed information that I’ve ever known was the concours owners group.

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

On 5/16/2022 at 12:22 PM, roy826 said:

The GT+ has arrived! Arrived late Friday and the lead tech at the shop fell ill. He’s in bad health shape and the only one I trust there to do the PDI on my bike. He was out Saturday and they’re closed on mondays. So I’m hoping it gets put together tomorrow Tuesday. The panniers ship separately due to their size. Hoping they make it by weeks end. I ordered the over priced oem heated grips Saturday for it. It should have come with these. But I see why Suzuki does it this way. Some buyers do not want them on their bikes and this model is sold as a GT and GT+. They are all GTs until you add the panniers and it becomes a GT+. Kinda stupid if you ask me. All I got for now is a picture of the shipping crate. They have peeked inside and it’s all in good shape. 

83C1D332-36E5-4A48-B480-34F37DB22474.jpeg

I’m itching for one these so bad right now, which is STUPID since I don’t currently ride more than 40 miles a week, but still… So jealous. 

On 5/23/2022 at 10:37 AM, Clegg78 said:

And yeah I've found the higher end bikes, especially European bikes,  the owners do NOT do farkles... they pay others to do the farkles and don't know what they are or how they were installed.   

Holy crap, I find this 100% accurate. There are a couple BMW S1000XR  pages and forums, and these guys are  just baffled by some of the things I've done to my XR. "Nobody needs to carry 9.6 gallons of fuel!"  "Why do you have those get big auxiliary LED lights, don't you blind people?"  "Do you deliver pizzas in your top-box?"  🙄  etc.   

BigMusceledWhore.thumb.jpg.e31c8de555095d67ea7bb7d566c11a6e.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/23/2021 at 2:08 AM, Butrzrulz said:

In installed the Yamaha 14mm lowering links.   While the instructions want you to drop the exhaust and remove the rear wheel, if you have the right tools you can just drop the exhaust (which is what I did).  I did this by myself and had no issues, I used a ratchet strap to lift the rear wheel, which makes things very easy. I also dropped the front forks 14mm.

I'm 5'-7" with a 30" inseam (pant measurement) and I am much more comfortable.  While I cannot flat foot both feet, I can now flat foot one and the ball of my foot on the other (I could only do the balls of my feet prior).  

Hi Mate,
Why did you drop the front forks by 14mm? Does lowering kit comes with instructions to lower?
my bike has been lowered with yamaha oem lowering kit. but forks are not lowered.

Thanks

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Warchild said:

Why do you have those get big auxiliary LED lights, don't you blind people?" 

That's funny because every friend with BMWs (all are Iron Butt members and long time STNers) all have Clearwaters on their bikes. They think my PIAAs are cute. 

1 hour ago, 1moreroad said:

That's funny because every friend with BMWs (all are Iron Butt members and long time STNers) all have Clearwaters on their bikes. They think my PIAAs are cute. 

hah every BMW GS owner I know has absolutely insane aftermarket lighting.  Usually $350-$500 worth.  Always name brand/oem dealer installed setups. 

I still maintain my little $26 Amazon LED bars look exactly the same in practice though.