What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

4 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Glad you're back on your FJ!

So what fixed your bike?  I know there was something but can't remember. Couldn't find it either.

I need to find and update that thread. Basically it came back from it’s second valve service with a weak idle when warmed up. They couldn’t figure it out. Another shop couldn’t figure it out. I tried to figure it out and apparently mangled the ECU plug causing more problems. BIL swapped out the plug and then went nuts. Lithium battery, lightech chain adjusters, slipper/assist clutch with a billet basket, replaced the airbox and put in a high performance filter. It still had the week idle when I picked it up yesterday, but 330 miles at high speed across the desert with techron fuel additive in the tank and the issue was gone when I got home. We’ll see if it stays that way. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

The Arrow platform developed for the live wire Delmar can be configured air or liquid cooled but I believe the Del Mar as well as the live wire one are air cool at this time.

It also didn't dawn on me that the  0 had that issue.

It seems like it would be a good cold weather bike up here in the great lakes region

Turn on the lights to heat up the battery and then zoom with studded tires maybe A new ice racing class could be pretty cool.  But if they lighten the batteries the races are short and you could have modular Swaps

No I'm still a fusion guy 

The livewires are interesting, and the new ones are at least better than the Zeros on paper for the money. I hope they do well. 

I think Revzilla did a review on a Zero as a cold weather commuter? And it did well! The only issue I’ve noticed when it’s cold (40F for Phoenix) is a range reduction, up to 20%. Something about the li-ion chemistry. So, poor range in the winter and poor charging in the summer 😂

I really hope fusion becomes a more common technology. I know they’re going to take our gasoline away eventually, and the current battery tech just isn’t the answer. 

• Premium Member
On 7/18/2022 at 9:31 AM, 3sum said:

Well I always thought riding a motorcycle was considered isolating!!!

Helmet on, self serve gas, and drive through food, can't get any more isolated than that......

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, DavidS said:

Well I always thought riding a motorcycle was considered isolating!!!

Helmet on, self serve gas, and drive through food, can't get any more isolated than that......

Without the context of what I’d said previously, I have no idea what you mean. 

My puppy has squeaky toys that are more attention-grabbing than any OE horn I have ever come across, so today's farkle was the simple job of replacing it with a decent made-in-Italy Stebel Magnum horn - plug 'n' play of the easiest kind.   It makes a strident alto note that should penetrate nearby traffic without being obnoxiously loud.  $AUD28 including postage, and I also made a little stretchy 'cap' to put over the horn-opening in rain - that will keep it dry while not minimising the decibels.   This is my first farkle on this new-to-me 2019 Tracer GT, and I still am unable to get out on it thanks to lingering covid.   But spring looms...

P1080327.JPG

P1080328.JPG

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 6

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

Why blue frame sliders?

Drink plenty of fluids...

Is wifey recovering faster?

My eldest has been an doc for 10 years and on the front lines since 2019 and is constantly exhausted and amazed by the idiots out there who either think it's fake news or that Covid is over.  The majority of the balance are just rude, selfish and impatient. Now there's Monkeypox which seems to be spreading exponentially. 

My BH and I have not been out to dinner or a show, etc sine the pandemic started.  I consider riding therapeutic social distancing.

IMG_3353.jpg

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, wordsmith said:

My puppy has squeaky toys that are more attention-grabbing than any OE horn I have ever come across, so today's farkle was the simple job of replacing it with a decent made-in-Italy Stebel Magnum horn - plug 'n' play of the easiest kind.   It makes a strident alto note that should penetrate nearby traffic without being obnoxiously loud.  $AUD28 

Sounds like the Soundbomb Mini I bought for mine 3 years ago.  Plug-n-Play single horn.  No, it's not as loud as the dual unit that requires a relay and new wiring, but it a crapload louder than the OEM.  Mine was priced about the same if I remember correctly - about $30US.

• Thumbsup 1

16 hours ago, angrygirafe said:

I need to find and update that thread. Basically it came back from it’s second valve service with a weak idle when warmed up. They couldn’t figure it out. Another shop couldn’t figure it out. I tried to figure it out and apparently mangled the ECU plug causing more problems. BIL swapped out the plug and then went nuts. Lithium battery, lightech chain adjusters, slipper/assist clutch with a billet basket, replaced the airbox and put in a high performance filter. It still had the week idle when I picked it up yesterday, but 330 miles at high speed across the desert with techron fuel additive in the tank and the issue was gone when I got home. We’ll see if it stays that way. 

Replaced the air box??  Why?

For future diagnostics, to have weird idle problems air leaks have to be down stream from the carbs/TBs. You can remove the airbox, no difference. A leaking boot on the airbox only admits dirt.

Make sure sync. ports are capped and no other vac. hoses are leaking.

• Thumbsup 1

On 7/23/2022 at 1:45 PM, kilo3 said:

Cut down the OEM windshield since it's raining and I'm bored.

Something just never sat right with the puig sport, personal preference. I'll probably paint the backside black at some point.

Comparison:

PXL_20220723_192940624_MP.thumb.jpg.fcec82cd96832bbadb14d6db3eceb2b3.jpg

How much I cut:

PXL_20220723_193307275_MP.thumb.jpg.4b5e38c297a6b8dd8078601f3e4b4e80.jpg

PXL_20220723_193312086.thumb.jpg.34e517a286cf9a51b127577362f2f7e2.jpg

PXL_20220723_192929789.thumb.jpg.34d7c324e10df3ef0d17770797429c98.jpg

Good job!  While I have no problem with my Puig Sport, I'd have done this and saved the money if I felt I was even remotely capable of getting such a good cut.  Sadly, I'd just butcher the stock shield, and my OCD would make it totally unusable as it's right in your field of view.

11 hours ago, wordsmith said:

My puppy has squeaky toys that are more attention-grabbing than any OE horn I have ever come across, so today's farkle was the simple job of replacing it with a decent made-in-Italy Stebel Magnum horn - plug 'n' play of the easiest kind.   It makes a strident alto note that should penetrate nearby traffic without being obnoxiously loud.  $AUD28 including postage, and I also made a little stretchy 'cap' to put over the horn-opening in rain - that will keep it dry while not minimising the decibels.   This is my first farkle on this new-to-me 2019 Tracer GT, and I still am unable to get out on it thanks to lingering covid.   But spring looms...

P1080327.JPG

P1080328.JPG

Hey, welcome back to the fold!

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
22 hours ago, 2NDCHILDHOOD said:

I ordered one last Sunday and received it Thursday. I received this email on Friday:

Good afternoon,

It has come to our attention that there is a design flaw in our new Tracer9 Hugger – 072453M/072453R.

This is causing some models to break on the rearmost mounting point, on the chain side of the bike.

We have already designed a new bracket to solve this issue and will be ready to supply it within 2/4 weeks.

Please remove the product from your bike as soon as possible to prevent any potential damage – we will supply the additional bracket direct to you as soon as stock arrives.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, we are working as fast as we can to rectify this issue.

Thank you for choosing Pyramid.    

Best regards,

Adam

Adam Bowser
Managing Director

Pyramid Plastics Ltd
Unit 22 Corringham Road Industrial Estate
Gainsborough
Lincolnshire
DN21 1QB
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44 1427 677990
Fax: +44 1427 612204

Pyramid have said that they will send me a replacement FOC when they become available. Maximum 4 weeks,they say. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Thumbsup 1

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

16 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Why blue frame sliders?

Is wifey recovering faster?

The Powerbronze blue frame sliders are actually much closer in colour to the 'blurple' wheels and 'swoosh' emblem on the tank than the pic shows.   As are the covers for the front and rear brake fluid reservoirs and the oil fill cap, all fitted to the GT by the previous owner, and pictured below.   While I'm not against a little bling I would not have bothered about any of these no-doubt expensive additions - but I am glad that he also fitted a tasty (and expensive) Powerbronze belly-pan fairing and same-brand rad guard.  Thus far I have only sat on the bike a couple of times, and cannot wait to get out on it once all the legalities are completed.  

Mrs Wordsmith tested negative to her final covid test yesterday, PTL, having 'crashed' three or four days before I did, and is about to head-out a'hunting of the wild handbags oh, while I await tomorrow's last (hopefully) covid RAT.

IMG_2027.jpg

P1080331.JPG

P1080332.JPG

P1080333.JPG

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 3

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I've been working 70+ hour weeks all summer, basically no riding time, but I'm thinking I'm going to put aside some of my hard earned OT for a big refresh project on the Tracer.  Having it painted pearl white with red speed blocks inspired in equal parts by the limited edition R7 and @Warchild's hardcases.

That, a Black Widow exhaust, new clutch basket and plugs, and an ecu flash. 

Just trying to decide whether its worth having the speed block details painted, or applied as vinyl decals.  Thoughts?

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2