What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

4 hours ago, texscottyd said:

In the interest of full disclosure, it’s worth noting that the Mille is a 60 degree v-twin, and not a 90 like the VTR & Ducati.  Regardless, the sounds emitted from this are glorious… 

BE2A2977-EB2E-4888-BE04-3B2E334FAE51.thumb.jpeg.b19350b94d8194dccff117edc8da99fd.jpeg

When you mention ‘what the VTR should have been’ I can’t help but secretly wish Honda would resurrect the VTR formula as a modern-era v-twin sport standard.  But parallel twins seem to be the Honda focus for now… nice enough, but very different.  

Love the Aprilia V's and was lucky enough back in the day to take a few laps on Road America as well as around Road America roads on them back when they used to do demo rides at the AMA races. The one thing I could never get used to was the "pulsing" clutch, I seem to remember they used a weird vacuum assisted clutch that helped the pull and action but when you were pulled to a stop with the clutch pulled in, it was an odd sensation. 

If a "modern" V-Twin has an interest to you I would really suggest finding a Ducati dealer and taking a Supersport, especially the Ohlins equipped S model, for a spin. I rode the one I have to discount it as a possible bike back in late '18 when I was going to buy either an MV Agusta F3 800 or a new CBR1000RR as a new sporty bike and absolutely fell in love with it within the first 5 minutes. I have not been the biggest Ducati fan, especially with their questionable reliability through the years but this bike is a peach and worth the added costs. I've had it longer than any bike I have ever owned save my '90 VFR750F and have no plans on getting rid of it. It's a proper fun twin.

IMG_7272.JPG

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Put Shinko 705 on the rims... will mount on the bike tomorrow. Newfoundland and Labrador bound in t -8d 😎. I bought the tires for the trip (a good portion will be off-pavement)... and expect that they will be toast by the time I make it back. 😛

20220813_170157.thumb.jpg.717f5bd3fd6395097b74ba96c735e844.jpg

• Thumbsup 7

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, 3sum said:

Maybe because I also have another motorcycle in the garage like you do?  And it just so happens to be said Ducati?  Jesus, why are you trying to make something out of nothing...

Let's not get the Son involved!

I'm only curious!. Maybe you have a unique sounding one.

And I unfortunately have 3 more I must maintain and rarely have time to ride.  I have another red  VTR (I'm selling), a 45 VT patato potato sound projector (01 XL1200S Sport Sporty also selling) and parallel twin 2 smoke (76 RD400), which really sounds different.

I used to have a few singles too but ran out of room.  They in a big way may sound the best, for example, twisting up and down mountain canyons, its bellowing echoing of the rock!

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, piotrek said:

Put Shinko 705 on the rims... will mount on the bike tomorrow. Newfoundland and Labrador bound in t -8d 😎. I bought the tires for the trip (a good portion will be off-pavement)... and expect that they will be toast by the time I make it back. 😛

20220813_170157.thumb.jpg.717f5bd3fd6395097b74ba96c735e844.jpg

Purdy!

I kinda wish I'd gone with the red carrier 320s!

Interesting doughnut choice.

I can't remember or see if you also have the SW-MOTOTECH skid plate?

Keep us apprised on your trip in a special thread.

Good luck! 

On 8/13/2022 at 2:13 PM, betoney said:

If I could offer a few suggestions on Idaho routing from Sun Valley, either heading to or returning from SE Washington. If you have the time do both, they are fantastic. 

Sun Valley, Stanley, Lolo, Lewiston

Sun Valley, Stanley, Grimes Pass, Lewiston

Thanks!  and yeah Grimes Pass is high on my list for the ride!    The other route looks fun as well!  I really only have time for one of them.  Its a long ride to Richland/Kennewick, which would you recommend more?

Leaving Friday for north and west and contemplating coming back via Idaho then east.  I'm open to great roads.  Have rides from Arco up to Glacier on 93 think it was.  Great fun road and should have taken more time to sop and enjoy the sights.  Problem for me is it takes so much time to get there don't have lots of time to spare.

Leaving Alabama going north to visit my sister in Michigan then to UP and west to somewhere - Canada or just west across Dakotas over to Montana and south to Idaho.  

• Thumbsup 2

1 hour ago, Heli ATP said:

Looks like you removed those big spot lights, why?

The light output sucks and they’re ugly. Our off-road team is sponsored by BajaDesign so I’ll be buying their amber Squadron Pro light or amber S1 lights. I have the Squadron Pro on my truck and on the bigger size. If they’re too big, I’ll settle for the S1 lights.628C6462-A3F8-4ED3-A905-3B7FCE3D2996.jpeg.d68d2e8ab585a66d87ab76568799dba6.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

Thanks!  and yeah Grimes Pass is high on my list for the ride!    The other route looks fun as well!  I really only have time for one of them.  Its a long ride to Richland/Kennewick, which would you recommend more?

Well Lolo Pass between Lewiston and Missoula is a legendary bucket list ride, and simply MUST be experienced if you are in the area. 

If I had only one choice, I would ride from Sun Valley to Stanley and then continue to Lolo and Lewiston...but thats me. 👍

Is there any way you could ride one route on your way to Washington and the on your return trip? 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

31 minutes ago, betoney said:

Well Lolo Pass between Lewiston and Missoula is a legendary bucket list ride, and simply MUST be experienced if you are in the area. 

If I had only one choice, I would ride from Sun Valley to Stanley and then continue to Lolo and Lewiston...but thats me. 👍

Is there any way you could ride one route on your way to Washington and the on your return trip? 

After Hanford, I need to go down to Boise, that day, and then SLC after (I have a new job and limited vacation or I would take a few more days in WA.  I'll likely be back!)  So I only get one of those routes to do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ItsRichieRich said:

Bought the bike last week, started to remove the stickers and sliders. A couple of small issues like gear indicator not showing 1st and 6th gear and missing bolts/clips.

still need to replace the levers and grips but that’s coming soon!29E812CB-580E-4B86-8F04-D84F3E17B761.thumb.jpeg.44eaf3d6ca9761ca8e9f77ba28f50663.jpegCE4734B6-9792-4171-BBA4-ECC0E7C72DF2.thumb.jpeg.dfe70d78589b4289ec24227eea78a143.jpegDA435920-962A-42A1-AE5F-FB49230B5122.thumb.jpeg.d4a8f3606d17256b72044be5cf484e0e.jpeg

Love that bike - and its security doggie - but bloody hell, that screen!   In a cross-wind you may take off!!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

Love that bike - and its security doggie - but bloody hell, that screen!   In a cross-wind you may take off!!

It is BIG, not sure it's that much bigger than my Givi Tour with the MFW tour spoiler.

I had to install some serious reinforcement to the screen /instrument mount, and did the bicycle wheel QD axle screen adjuster mod while I was at it.  Now I run a screen comparable in size to OEM but a much thicker double-bubble with a small spoiler.  It's a good compromise but if I had to ride in oppressive heat a lot, I'd swap on my little opaque bikini screen.

• Thumbsup 1