What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

34 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

I also think hot glue will melt under there.  Hot day, hot engine.

Most hot glue melts around 350+ freedom units IIRC. Similar, albeit slightly lower than most plastics.

22 hours ago, betoney said:

I agree, that interval is far too long.  Like I said earlier, I clean mine several times a year, usually around every 4,000 miles and they are ALWAYS filled with bugs and crap.

My god how many miles on bike ?,several is what at least 3 -4 times ,x4000..thats a lot to rack up in one year.

I know its super low pressure but are you concerned at all about R & R the seal on outlet tube 

• Supporting Member
18 minutes ago, Bill H said:

My god how many miles on bike ?,several is what at least 3 -4 times ,x4000..thats a lot to rack up in one year.

I know its super low pressure but are you concerned at all about R & R the seal on outlet tube 

Currently about 72,000 miles, I average about 13-14k a year.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with the "seal on the outlet tube".

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

20 hours ago, sirepair said:

Then over the weekend, attended the MSTA's "Mail Pouch Fly By" in Marietta, OH.  Had a blast carving up some of the best roads around!  Even took the Sisterville Ferry across the Ohio River.  And turned over 25,000 miles on the way home.

Good times!

P1050390.JPG

Hey I was at the FlyBy Week also, Got in Thursday and rode home Sunday.
Saw your bike in the parking lot but didn't get to talk to you.
My bike is a 2019 GT.
We rode mostly in Ohio because we ride through WV on the way up and going home to Asheville.
Also will ride lots of WV at the Fall Colors ride end of September.
Maybe I'll see you there.

On 8/14/2022 at 8:34 PM, betoney said:

Well Lolo Pass between Lewiston and Missoula is a legendary bucket list ride, and simply MUST be experienced if you are in the area. 

If I had only one choice, I would ride from Sun Valley to Stanley and then continue to Lolo and Lewiston...but thats me. 👍

Is there any way you could ride one route on your way to Washington and the on your return trip? 

So it seems mother nature had some other plans... The road to Stanley is closed due to wild fire, and it seems most of Idaho is on fire now... so thats fun. 

• Sad 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Clegg78 said:

So it seems mother nature had some other plans... The road to Stanley is closed due to wild fire, and it seems most of Idaho is on fire now... so thats fun. 

I was looking at Google Maps this morning and they have a "Wildfires" layer you can enable. OMG, you are correct, the amount of wildfires is amazing.

A buddy and I have a "last roadtrip of the season" planned in 10 days which includes SE Washington, Western Idaho and NE Oregon, I am keeping a close eye on wildfires and road closures.  Hope you can find an alternate route and salvage most of your trip.

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, betoney said:

I was looking at Google Maps this morning and they have a "Wildfires" layer you can enable. OMG, you are correct, the amount of wildfires is amazing.

A buddy and I have a "last roadtrip of the season" planned in 10 days which includes SE Washington, Western Idaho and NE Oregon, I am keeping a close eye on wildfires and road closures.  Hope you can find an alternate route and salvage most of your trip.

I'll let you know what I see, but I am canceling my night in Ketchum, and may figure out a different place to stay and still be able to do Grimes pass... its supposed to rain this weekend and cool down a bit so hopefully these fires back off a tad. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
55 minutes ago, Clegg78 said:

I'll let you know what I see, but I am canceling my night in Ketchum, and may figure out a different place to stay and still be able to do Grimes pass... its supposed to rain this weekend and cool down a bit so hopefully these fires back off a tad. 

You basically have 3 options depending on the direction you are coming from and how much time you have.  75 North through Ketchum to Stanley, 93 from Arco through Challis into Stanley or 21 from Boise to Lowman and then Grimes Pass.

• Thumbsup 1

I FINALLY BOUGHT ONE!!😎

Been in love with the FZ/FJ series was introduced and finally was in a spot to get a 2017 FJ. Now have about 20 miles in the seat and it’s amazing. Looking forward to many personalizing customizations,(M4 exhaust, bar risers, hard bags, custom seat,etc) Let the fun begin!!

I’d post a pic but they are all too big

• Thumbsup 6

Did a 4 hour close to 180mi ride today to shake down the bike before heading out on an estimated 2800mi trip over 7 days.   I loaded up the cases with bottles of water to simulate the weight I am planning on in all the cases.  Rode all day in 40-55F rain in the front range around Denver/Boulder/FoCo.     I love riding in the rain so much.    Only thing that I need to tweak is my Shoei Neotec 2 leaking a bit at the upper seal.   well... that and my bike is dirty as sin now.  Going to clean the chain, but that's it... the bike is going to get dirty on the ride in a few days anyway :) 

20220910_211241816_iOS.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

I also changed my route through Idaho, Bailed on going to Ketchum, and am now riding up to Lolo, MT and over to Lewiston -> Richland, WA the day after, side stepping some of the bigger fires and biggest smoke... hopefully.... 

• Like 2