What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

2 hours ago, nhchris said:

Clegg, are those the pressures you normally run on a tour?

No, those are artificially low due to me rebinding the sensors this morning and having to release and rescrew them on a few times letting air out every time.   I just didn't top off the tires after.   Also the TPMS unit reads 2PSI under for both compared to my hand gauge.   It's a consistent 2PSI

Since I'm a fatty,  I run at 36/42 (cold) when touring.   All my cases are within the weight limits in the case (20# for both side, and the gear inside the top case is ~10#  I am actually leaving some stuff home this trip to lower the weight.   Then I have a dry bag that goes on the passenger seat that has extra water, shoes, and some bulky items like insulated shirt, rain jacket). 

The bike fully loaded and ready to roll in the morning. 

20220912_221422778_iOS.jpg

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

So Idaho hasn't go better in terms of fire this week...     The route  to Lolo is super bad, like high 200-300s for AQI.   I wont ride in that... so now I have no hotel for the 2nd night and am going to just pick a route in the morning after doing the EBR-1 tour near Arco.   Some areas on 93 going up to Lolo have almost no visibility, and Lolo pass has warnings for smoke banks . :(

image.thumb.png.90d400f806a2f0302fd05247ede6501a.png

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

So Idaho hasn't go better in terms of fire this week...     The route  to Lolo is super bad, like high 200-300s for AQI.   I wont ride in that... so now I have no hotel for the 2nd night and am going to just pick a route in the morning after doing the EBR-1 tour near Arco.   Some areas on 93 going up to Lolo have almost no visibility, and Lolo pass has warnings for smoke banks . :(

image.thumb.png.90d400f806a2f0302fd05247ede6501a.png

Continue across Idaho to Ontario and continue through John Day Oregon to 395, take 395 North to Pendleton, AMAZING road, you will NOT regret it.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

22 hours ago, betoney said:

Continue across Idaho to Ontario and continue through John Day Oregon to 395, take 395 North to Pendleton, AMAZING road, you will NOT regret it.

I appreciate the recommendation, but I had a fixed number of days and was already doing all 500+mi days, and a one 600mi to get where I was going.    Because my destination in the Tri Cities is also miserable for AQI, I chose to change my plans this morning.

I woke up and saw the predictions were worse for the next week in terms of smoke and such.  So... in 15 minutes, I made a new plan.  I rode to Telluride via a nice fun route going down the 10th Mtn Hwy (24), Independence Pass, McClure Pass.    ~ 400mi  but 9 hours of riding.   

The air was clear, it rained a bit toward the last half the day,  but overall was a very very good ride.   I haven't been to Telluride on the bike in a while, so its good to be back.  Now to figure out a plan for tomorrow... I figure I am just going to go places randomly for the next few days.  I am thinking Mesa Verde/Durango which I havent been to for 10 years, and Canyonlands Needles / Moab.   Definitely not as much in mileage as the original plan... but god damn I love not breathing smoke. 

I threw the bike around a lot today... which happens to be my bikes 3 yr anniversary, and the day I crossed 10,000mi on it!     (Felt pretty good about the chicken strip situation... I was flying down McClure pass following a Porsche who was going for it :) )image.thumb.png.ed30ae411cc735534f2dbbb7b70d34bb.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.9c0c06ea426f4f988f7518d9167aa903.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.d7be29e4f079c29a4f0f476bdfd73cb6.jpeg

image.thumb.png.b8cc7f5500747f30cc6b81ed0e990e07.png   

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

Because my destination in the Tri Cities is also miserable for AQI, I chose to change my plans this morning.

I woke up and saw the predictions were worse for the next week in terms of smoke and such.  So... in 15 minutes, I made a new plan.  

It sucks that you had to change your trip plans but its for the best with the wildfires and smoke.

In a week I was supposed to leave on a trip with a buddy through Southern Washington, Western Idaho and Northern Oregon but as you know, everything is on fire right now.  My buddy just tested positive for Covid so I'm playing it by ear and possibly changing plans now.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Only 10k in 3 years?! 😉

Bridgestone T32?

Have fun and be safe!

Rocky Mountain High!

Yeah!  Well, one of those years was the pandemic where I only really got out once for any longer ride and with that I blew the oil pan out :)   I dont get out as much as I'd like, I am stupid busy with many other things it seems. 

Yeah the T32s, I love em.  I've had Road, 2,3,4,5 on a different bike and liked them a lot, I think the T32 is on par if not better than the Roads.   I rode them in deep standing water today aggressively and they just took it.   I had to lean over hard in a corner after a dude chose to just come into my lane, and the tires stuck like glue in driving rain. 

Off to Canyonlands and Moab tomorrow.     haha weather looks like garbage tomorrow with the potential for strong thunderstorms all day and mainly mid day... so I am going to chill in Telluride for another day.   And go to Moab thurs...   this is quite a dynamic trip :)

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
36 minutes ago, Clegg78 said:

Yeah!  Well, one of those years was the pandemic where I only really got out once for any longer ride and with that I blew the oil pan out :)   I dont get out as much as I'd like, I am stupid busy with many other things it seems. 

Yeah the T32s, I love em.  I've had Road, 2,3,4,5 on a different bike and liked them a lot, I think the T32 is on par if not better than the Roads.   I rode them in deep standing water today aggressively and they just took it.   I had to lean over hard in a corner after a dude chose to just come into my lane, and the tires stuck like glue in driving rain. 

Off to Canyonlands and Moab tomorrow.     haha weather looks like garbage tomorrow with the potential for strong thunderstorms all day and mainly mid day... so I am going to chill in Telluride for another day.   And go to Moab thurs...   this is quite a dynamic trip :)

Nothing is for sure, until it actually happens. 

In the grand scheme of things you could be doing a lot worse than staying an extra day in Telluride. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

I appreciate the recommendation, but I had a fixed number of days and was already doing all 500+mi days, and a one 600mi to get where I was going.    Because my destination in the Tri Cities is also miserable for AQI, I chose to change my plans this morning.

I woke up and saw the predictions were worse for the next week in terms of smoke and such.  So... in 15 minutes, I made a new plan.  I rode to Telluride via a nice fun route going down the 10th Mtn Hwy (24), Independence Pass, McClure Pass.    ~ 400mi  but 9 hours of riding.   

The air was clear, it rained a bit toward the last half the day,  but overall was a very very good ride.   I haven't been to Telluride on the bike in a while, so its good to be back.  Now to figure out a plan for tomorrow... I figure I am just going to go places randomly for the next few days.  I am thinking Mesa Verde/Durango which I havent been to for 10 years, and Canyonlands Needles / Moab.   Definitely not as much in mileage as the original plan... but god damn I love not breathing smoke. 

I threw the bike around a lot today... which happens to be my bikes 3 yr anniversary, and the day I crossed 10,000mi on it!     (Felt pretty good about the chicken strip situation... I was flying down McClure pass following a Porsche who was going for it :) )image.thumb.png.ed30ae411cc735534f2dbbb7b70d34bb.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.9c0c06ea426f4f988f7518d9167aa903.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.d7be29e4f079c29a4f0f476bdfd73cb6.jpeg

image.thumb.png.b8cc7f5500747f30cc6b81ed0e990e07.png   

You guys are coping it with the wildfires!  That can't be much fun but it looks like you are having a blast despite them. 🙂

I notice you've got the same drone setup that I bought just recently.  Looking forward to some epic scenery shots when you're done. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, OZVFR said:

Installed the Healtech Quick Shifter. 
now need to go ride to set it up properly 

895DC285-8C2A-4FB7-9F8E-19823960F6BE.thumb.jpeg.b802f417a634a0e688d3d4120f40f37e.jpeg

I have installed same QS few years ago. I was riding with thin sports boots and it was perfect, until I chanded to more bulky boots. Had to do adjustmets . Now still sometimes getting false neutral, especialy from 5 to 6 gears. I have removed one of the washers, because it was not sensitive enaugh. My settings:  558907971_Screenshot_20220914-115930_QuickShifereasy(iQSE).thumb.jpg.a10bd55ee8dc87200928e86de054e0dd.jpg

Cut-off times now is at auto, before it was different.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

100%, I love this town, and I spend far too little time here... so ... I am going to make a day of it while the remains of a hurricane drown this area. 

I unfortunately have not been there since 1977.  Then it looked like it was out of a classic b&w Western.  The few hippies squated outside of town in teepees and were not uh, appreciated.  You'd walk in a bar or diner and everything would suddenly stop and all eyes would turn toward you and squint.

I understand it is now a outdoor playground for both have and have-nots, and the cost of living there, at least for visitors, is as high as the elevation.  I'm  told there is more than some resentment from old timers who were ranchers etc.  A high school buddy of mine had a shack there but lost it in 08.  His primary rez has been Boulder since 81; he then fell into a 15 year funk.  Booze apparently will do that to you.

Post pics of town!!!

12 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I unfortunately have not been there since 1977.  Then it looked like it was out of a classic b&w Western.  The few hippies squated outside of town in teepees and were not uh, appreciated.  You'd walk in a bar or diner and everything would suddenly stop and all eyes would turn toward you and squint.

I understand it is now a outdoor playground for both have and have-nots, and the cost of living there, at least for visitors, is as high as the elevation.  I'm  told there is more than some resentment from old timers who were ranchers etc.  A high school buddy of mine had a shack there but lost it in 08.  His primary rez has been Boulder since 81; he then fell into a 15 year funk.  Booze apparently will do that to you.

Post pics of town!!!

Heres some pics of Telluride from today :)  

091422-1101-DJI_0312.jpg

091422-1106-DSC06697-HDR.jpg

091422-1511-DSC07005-HDR.jpg

091422-1514-DSC07032-HDR.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 3