• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member

Everyone was close, but @skipperT was right on the money:  All six exhausts tight (ranging from .10 to .20), and all intakes in spec (five at .15, one at .13)

D4697188-1208-4347-9175-22407A8F8E0E.thumb.jpeg.af880e1fe1bfa604e392b46b7bc8fe4d.jpeg

Net:  Mine seems to follow the general pattern that many have reported on these CP3s.  We’ll loosen up that one intake to get back in the middle of the range, and reset all six exhausts. 

• Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
56 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

Wire wheel on a grinder and go to town. Make sure it's a pretty fine wire.

I need to clean mine this winter, mine are looking GRUNGY. ☹️

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

My first Fall ride since moving to the States last year and passing my MSF course last February,  360 mile round trip from Fallon NV  to ride the June Lake Loop via Hawthorne , then home through Bridgeport / Yerington.  Cloudless skies and 77° 😎 

20221017_015752.jpg

20221017_015522.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kilo3 said:

Wire wheel on a grinder and go to town. Make sure it's a pretty fine wire.

That's still pretty abrasive versus a paste polish, which is even more of a PITA.  But they look great!

Personally I don't really care, as they're hidden from view so much, in a year they'll look the same again but mostly I'm too lazy and tired to bother.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, betoney said:

I need to clean mine this winter, mine are looking GRUNGY. ☹️

As long as you don't mind the non polished finish, wire wheel is where it's at. Maybe a good hour of working over it is about all it takes to get it uniform. It's a pretty hard stainless so you can't really overdo it.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I had my first chance to ride the GT since Ian blew thru my town of North Port FL. It sure felt great to get out on the bike after almost 3 week's ( I had the common sense not to go out before everything was cleaned up that I could at this point, to insure domestic tranquility)  and get home with out a flat tire, I have never seen so much damage in my life and people left with nothing, just breaks my heart.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Sad 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, kilo3 said:

As long as you don't mind the non polished finish, wire wheel is where it's at. Maybe a good hour of working over it is about all it takes to get it uniform. It's a pretty hard stainless so you can't really overdo it.

I just looked at my headers and they actually look pretty clean. What schmootz there is a bit of kerosene should clean off as it's likely just road bitumen.

They're actually a lovely golden hue color that's very uniform, so I'm just gonna leave him alone, as I said, I'm lazy

11 hours ago, OZVFR said:

Finally got around to doing the screen adjuster mod. 
So easy, took all of 10 minutes and $20, what a difference. 
The whole screen is now much stiffer without the shake. 

7750954B-92DB-44FC-8491-D53D8B28AE2E.thumb.jpeg.b6cadd0984265fcc67ed54f153aee715.jpeg

I missed the screen adjuster mod
Can you tell me what's involved

thanks