What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Warchild said:

Garage Assistant Kitty examines Spiegler kit for completeness. SS Brake Lines are one of several winter projects planned while the snow piles up outside.

SpieglerCat.thumb.jpg.6882434195d80dd869657cb7e2c25907.jpg

Our girls and boys approved mine!

BTW just cut the oem front line located between the left frame spar and engine rather than try to disconnect the steel from the rubber sections. You'll never reuse it anyway. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
13 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

You stuck it to the headlight CPU?!

Brave boy!Your SO high tech!

Yes, I sure did.  Been there since Dec 2019 with no issues until the breaking of the camera base recently.  Then I simply peeled the double-sided tape off and reinstalled the new one in exactly the same way.  I don't expect that the CPU will suffer from heat issues if that's what you're referring to.  Gets pretty hot here in the Summer time and there's been three of them (coming up 4) since I installed it in that location.

I'm SO high tech! - you say?   No, not really, just utilising the modern tools that are available these days.  Back in the 70's (crash cameras weren't even around then of course) I would have used a bit of fencing wire or string to tie it off somewhere. The 80's maybe a couple of new-fangled cable ties.  The 90's I might have fashioned an aluminium plate to do the job. Who knows, in another decade I might just have to think about what I need and it'll turn up via a drone or beamed directly into my garage via satellite with my digital wallet decremented accordingly! 😆

I know, you 'analogue' guys like to cling to the past. 😋 😉

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

"I know, you 'analogue' guys like to cling to the past."

No, just little accessible RAM left, and real slow download speeds.

Not so much not able to teach an old dog...

I got into puters when Fortran and Basic were it, then DOS.

Worked hard for two years to learn AutoCAD but couldn't remember the short cuts more than a day.

I can build Desktops and partition hard drives, just can't manage to handle much more than Word, some Excel, a PDF manipulator and photo editing "apps".  Have difficulty customizing GPS routes.  I'm pretty useless that way.

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

No, just little accessible RAM left, and real slow download speeds.

Not so much not able to teach an old dog...

I got into puters when Fortran and Basic were it, then DOS.

Worked hard for two years to learn AutoCAD but couldn't remember the short cuts more than a day.

I can build Desktops and partition hard drives, just can't manage to handle much more than Word, some Excel, a PDF manipulator and photo editing "apps".  Have difficulty customizing GPS routes.  I'm pretty useless that way.

Ha!  I'm sure you're selling yourself short 2and3.

I particularly liked your reference - "No, just little accessible RAM left, and real slow download speeds." 😂  I can relate to that these days.

I can remember (just) a time when I wrote a program in raw machine language on the Commodore 64 (8 bit only of course) to utilise a connected short wave radio to get the current weather map from a transmitter in our capital territory about 1,300kms away and output it in real time to a dot matrix printer.   I had a bodgy short wave antenna strung up in the gum trees in my back yard.  The neighbours must have wondered!  Cutting edge stuff at the time and it was the only way you could get the latest weather other than from the national broadcaster news!

Now there's an APP for that and contains SOOO much more information but it's made every one a weather expert it seems!

Fond memories and good times. 😁

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Took a quick run today as the temperature starts to climb for us.  High 20s low 30s (86ish F) today with some humidity to go with it.

Still good to get out though. 🙂

20221113_134150.thumb.jpg.8ddc17283f1365001601274a1f8af35e.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Your season is finally blossoming, eh?

Getting out is the best way to Defrag the Ole Hard Drive.

I hope still this year to roll up a few more miles.  It's been tough physically for me the last few years.  I'm down by a factor of at least 2 on average.  Then there's what to do next.

Hey but it always could be worse.

Screenshot_20221112-144519_RadarX.jpg

• Supporting Member
16 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Your season is finally blossoming, eh?

Getting out is the best way to Defrag the Ole Hard Drive.

I hope still this year to roll up a few more miles.  It's been tough physically for me the last few years.  I'm down by a factor of at least 2 on average.  Then there's what to do next.

Hey but it always could be worse.

Screenshot_20221112-144519_RadarX.jpg

The dreaded white stuff coming your way eh?

I shouldn't say this 2and3 but got out again today with a HD friend in mid 20's C temps.  Perfect riding weather.

20221114_105709.thumb.jpg.43b31f4f028f4b27c1a3f302147275bf.jpg

Stopped for a couple of ales and lunch at what was the historic old (1914) Kandanga Hotel.  Burnt down in 2015 and this one replaced it on the same spot two years later.

20221114_114808.thumb.jpg.61399448a90b666ab197479c7424046d.jpg

Yes, I know, drinking and riding again 2and3! I expect you to berate me accordingly.😉

While out riding, the worlds 2nd deadliest land snake (Australian Eastern Brown) writhed his way across an intersection in front of me while I was stopped.  Glad he only intended to cross the road!

I was going to post the image but looks like my dash cam had the day off today!  Sorry, you'll have to take my word for it.

• Thumbsup 1

Just replaced my stock brake pads by an EBC HH sintered, front and rear.

I was very surprised about how many material was left after 30.000 Km, but decided to change them anyways as pads are fairly cheap (cost me about 80 € inc. taxes for the full set) and I've read a lot about how much better the braking feels with this upgrade.

I'm looking forward to do more DIYs, I've ordered chain, sprockets and some tooling.

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Repaired broken wire in my rear left DRL.  Earth common broken off right at the base of where it enters the moulding causing intermittent DRL and indicator on that side.  No way to dismantle these so had to cut into the rubber boot to get at the problem.  Literally about 0.5mm of wire available to use!!  I've put a drop of solder onto it and re-joined the earth wire to it and rubber glued it back together.  Hope it lasts as they are expensive Yamaha aftermarket DRLs!  A bit disappointing as they are not that old.

20221115_114205.thumb.jpg.bad3b8db16495b118a2550c9ceacc5ac.jpg

20221115_121644.thumb.jpg.a55b1d1ea234da1b7cbd477e16052ddd.jpg

Also and at the other end of the bike found a crack in power connector for my crash/dash cam causing it to work its way loose (just) and hence dropping power to the system - AKA no footage recorded yeterday.  Cable tie to the rescue for that one - hopefully.

20221115_130353.thumb.jpg.04216909e65c997129596237d9c05e29.jpg

It seems my hydraulic rear brake light switch is on the blink as well so that will probably be the next maintenance job.

Need it to work for not only activating the brake light (naturally!) but also for deactivating my McCruise cruise control.  Gave me some cause to butt clench for a moment when the cruise control kept on powering forward while I was under rear braking!

Seems like the electrical gremlins were giving the bike a workover yesterday!

• Thumbsup 1