• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

8 hours ago, Heavy said:

Good luck Rick.

Thanks Heavy. Just came back. Picking it up on Friday. It is stock base model but I  already have nice Givi V47 top case waiting for it (purchased today btw), radiator guard, Yamaha adventure foot pegs, Zumo GPS, 2 SW tank bags and windscreen wind deflector lol. Still will need top case luggage rack for it, some side cases and mounting racks. Eventually engine guards as well…so far so good though. It got 2 wheels…

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
19 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Daz I also see you mounted your new DL to the case guards 

How about some pics of them, the hiway pegs and your foot pegs?

OK, will follow up tomorrow.

• Supporting Member
16 hours ago, Rick123 said:

Thanks Heavy. Just came back. Picking it up on Friday. It is stock base model but I  already have nice Givi V47 top case waiting for it (purchased today btw), radiator guard, Yamaha adventure foot pegs, Zumo GPS, 2 SW tank bags and windscreen wind deflector lol. Still will need top case luggage rack for it, some side cases and mounting racks. Eventually engine guards as well…so far so good though. It got 2 wheels…

SW-Motech has a sale on rear adventure rack and other items for the Tracer.

SW-Motech

• Supporting Member
On 1/23/2023 at 12:12 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

Daz I also see you mounted your new DL to the case guards 

How about some pics of them, the hiway pegs and your foot pegs?

2and3, your wish is my command 🙂

Top to bottom: -

1. STEDI branded DRL and clamps.  Seem like decent quality and as I've said elsewhere, those tiny lamps really put out an attention grabbing light - even in full daylight.  Mounted them that way to offer them some protection in a tip over.

2. Generic Ebay highway pegs.  I removed their flimsy base attachments and then attached them to aluminium 'P' clamps.  I drilled and inserted helicoils into the 'P' clamps for the screws to get a solid purchase on.

3.  Footpegs I've described in another thread but as you can see they can be used with or without the rubber topper.

image.png.29d75217b4c01b15cffa8d61d5f1431b.png

image.png.aa9eb607473d1dc1c6a39d328e6df203.png

image.png.f25786ec917265018ecfc70a58e6c71c.png

image.png.b5cf7fab376afedb2f0e773cfb9c798d.png

image.png.aefb4bafdc5305ad315b24b638348b56.png

image.png.f668f97038c2f8b106dfb1ba99985cc8.png

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2023 at 10:29 PM, draco_1967 said:

She's all back together, and purrs beautifully. I redid the vinyl on the tank, but I don't have enough left to redo the other panels. I think I'll figure out what color I want and just paint everything next year...

Time to get out and ride, if this rain/ice/snow stuff ever stops.

...it's ok, we are suffering from a drought...we need it... 

Nope, still don't like it!

PXL_20230119_050149069.thumb.jpg.60199d4ec5127673b51152ba4c4c2ed5.jpg

Oh, this looks spectacular, and it pretty much exactly how I'm looking at getting mine painted this spring.  I considered wrapping it, but while I did some already (those lower triangle panels) I'm not sure how well I could do the tank.  I'd REALLY like the red speedblock/black line over the white though.  I'm a sucker for the speedblocks, and the Anniversary Edition R7 does look REALLY nice:

image.thumb.jpeg.2ceb92715abf695e184ea3466dfbec55.jpeg

I wouldn't emulate this entirely (Don't need the yellow nose, for example)... But that iridescent white + red speedblocks?  Yes plz.  

I'm biased, though.  Both my former MT07 and current T7 are white with red accents.  

• Thumbsup 4

On 1/22/2023 at 3:51 PM, Rick123 said:

Picked her up few hours ago. Windscreen wind deflector, clutch and brake short adjustable levers, radiator grill, gps, SW Motech quick release tank bag, adventure foot pegs, kickstand foot enlargement installed. And … she got a bath. 

Edited by Rick123
Few additions
  • Thumbsup 3

45 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

Any pictures of her in the bath? 😉🤣

She is my girlfriend (according to my wife) so I won’t share…beside that 0 degrees C up here.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Rick123 said:

She is my girlfriend (according to my wife) so I won’t share…beside that 0 degrees C up here.

Congratulations.

Your wife knows about your new girlfriend and yet you're giving her a bath at 4:00 in the morning?

Sounds pretty clandestine to me. 😉

• Haha 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

18 hours ago, Heavy said:

Congratulations.

Your wife knows about your new girlfriend and yet you're giving her a bath at 4:00 in the morning?

Sounds pretty clandestine to me. 😉

That’s because she also knows that she is the # 1 for life and “girlfriends” I’m changing every year. I compared the size of the windscreens and seems like the one you have will be to tall for me. Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

Edited by Rick123
Additional info.
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Today I hauled my FJ to the dealer for service.  Yikes.  Those were paved roads.

muddy trailer2.jpg

• Sad 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

19 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Any pictures of her in the bath? 😉🤣

Would you take a picture of your girlfriend taking a bath and post it on the internet? 

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

I'll send you some links.

Awww, what the heck.  Can't expect someone else to post pics of their girlfriend taking a bath if I'm not prepared to do the same now can I .........

20201208_154635.thumb.jpg.a5bedd6a9c6e7ac554832c324147de14.jpg20201208_154654.thumb.jpg.4aa099d102a672d312329338713cbb86.jpg