What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

10 years here and nothing close to this..

Some of the strangest national weather patterns I’ve seen…. 🤷‍♂️

That said, I’m going riding! 

7876BDEA-ED5E-40A0-8D60-941B96E516C0.thumb.jpeg.9bafa434bb628c6a227a72d139154b57.jpeg

ED517ECA-DB77-4A17-A8D6-4A80E2BD5C3C.thumb.jpeg.09bd068ccf9bd4de0e7347596a69f47d.jpeg

😀

• Thumbsup 2

Finished up the major maintenance I planned for the bike!  Took a couple weekends and waiting on some bits to come in.. but all wrapped up... I'd say the bike is better than new now. 

• Valves adjusted (all exhaust were way out of spec)
  • Plugs changed (Not needed, they looked good, but why not, I had them in hand)
  • Coolant flushed/changed (Honda HP Coolant)
  • Oil changed (Motul 7100 10w50, Yama filter)
  • Chain replaced (DID Gold VX3 525)
  • Sprockets replaced (Sprocket Center RSX rear, Dampened front, stock gearing)
  • Air Filter Replaced (Std Yamaha filter, not a fan of the K&N style on these bikes)
  • Inspected a good bit of the bike as well including wheel bearings. 

Only screw up was when I had the tank on backwards on the seat, I scraped the painted part next to the seat... ugh. 
  • Thumbsup 4
  • Sad 1

• Supporting Member
32 minutes ago, Clegg78 said:

Only screw up was when I had the tank on backwards on the seat, I scraped the painted part next to the seat... ugh.

I did the same thing on my first TB sync in 2017. I've been meaning to touch it up ever since. 😐

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Clegg78 said:

Finished up the major maintenance I planned for the bike!  Took a couple weekends and waiting on some bits to come in.. but all wrapped up... I'd say the bike is better than new now. 

• Valves adjusted (all exhaust were way out of spec)
  • Plugs changed (Not needed, they looked good, but why not, I had them in hand)
  • Coolant flushed/changed (Honda HP Coolant)
  • Oil changed (Motul 7100 10w50, Yama filter)
  • Chain replaced (DID Gold VX3 525)
  • Sprockets replaced (Sprocket Center RSX rear, Dampened front, stock gearing)
  • Air Filter Replaced (Std Yamaha filter, not a fan of the K&N style on these bikes)
  • Inspected a good bit of the bike as well including wheel bearings. 

Sounds like you are ready for the season.  Any epic road trips coming up?  I'm hoping to get back to Colorado this summer for one of my trips.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

36 minutes ago, betoney said:

Sounds like you are ready for the season.  Any epic road trips coming up?  I'm hoping to get back to Colorado this summer for one of my trips.

None yet.  I have a trip to get to Idaho on the agdenda from last year but not sure when I’ll have time.  Spending a few weeks in Alaska and a few more in Europe this year already so not much free time… regardless the bike is good for a bit now! 

Edited by Clegg78
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
19 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Skokie will be only marginally colder than San Diego!!!

Oh no!  There have been reports on the news over here of a very unusual cold weather pattern affecting you guys.

Your timing for your visit is unfortunate to say the least!

Hope things improve for you in the near future. 🤞

• Sad 1

On 2/25/2023 at 1:55 AM, Rick123 said:

Unexpectedly I got the mesh seat cover and wheels reflective stripes. Seat cover installed. Stripes waiting for a wormer weather.

Any details on the seat cover, Rick?

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

3 hours ago, Heavy said:

Any details on the seat cover, Rick?

I got a set for GS1250 2013-18 from Ali Express for 16 CAD. Passenger cover seems to be pretty big but I’m not going to use it anyway. Rider’s seat cover fits pretty good.

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, skipperT said:

Yes. Looks good with the short windscreen - which one is that Tex?

That’s a Cal Sci tinted shorty.  I like the looks, and it works well with the lower bar risers I use.  The airflow is smooth, and nicely balances the slightly more pronounced forward lean with this ergonomic layout.  

It’s almost like I’m trying to convert my FJ back to its FZ9 roots:  smaller screen, no hand guards, lower bars, etc.  

• Thumbsup 3

Did a shake down ride on the bike after all the work.  Man, between all of that she feels spry and light.  The chain/new oil means shifting is so damn nice now.  It was windy AF so I didn't ride too long , but enough to make it count. 

• Thumbsup 3