What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

On 2/25/2023 at 12:44 AM, texscottyd said:

State inspection and tag renewal… boring stuff, but you can always take the long way home!  😀

The inspector actually did me a solid, and passed me after quietly pointing out ‘off the record’ that my license plate light is out…  sometimes it’s just your lucky day. 

Same story for me last Wednesday 😂

Did the state inspection (here in Romania it's called "periodic technical inspection") and found out that my license plate light is not working. But the inspector was nice enough and passed me.

After, I rode my Tracer for the first time in 2023 for around 100 km/60 miles and it was great.

vKOb28JAmiSnd3T5tpcHaQ7jgM2kYWgLNYjKaLKkFWVzupq5cWJDQF0Pfsa0PhzAQiho8ro66-Dyz9wHDjAyLs81cvqGrZ95lEq4CqHXeZvY9Eldgg4R-WYWZGzO7PktADv7A1DBaP0DywOQ86ouC1csT-0dEOCrR_z6a-MiK4HyjUOsJy0L6iVUVHtEvMBvr_ejnYvzsKIKdpsDcOJ7oYC6MNdxVEWgIp-Sss_vA4nWSb3PQWgbCc4IXxbB4Qjs6x8MfWkkB1OnJnRue2LmdGNGAm1k0VmQ9sCgP1IdsO02Rmx0CMb7dDb4FVfi6RiuSkUnGHN00mn_qJ7L8I-LI4XDGIlaHEPMUTtnkTpdWsnA2IEvy-QrqJDvidmeY1lU6hEIhyTAO99WWaEkFJEIFPMWx5SFrY4JQtWEdDKInkmh8uqd6g2B51GLR7AEZQ6VuCO-ViBPCrhnv2pVlAADOFn8SK6JJQEqflCtzzaSygjJgz48Q37Pya0Zqutz_jBQ7EduUvpx_PhMdyAK3fowfraDcSmp6hJgbiX8QFn9y8VuylvcFguARW9lwOCtSM5Jue5C8Jy2sdLiJJw0V8wn4NFIo6CcUkDSFGuwQmmBmDas6-h-tntIvKM7p8J0tPepEMoc1JR8DhigDkIvbyjNEnEGktDdoNj-gH53NG2bOQIn3ZL6j6OXDa5bERsb9UBQWlmDHDFKl9xuc-w4eA7oU1ZhndwbUNF5UREAZ25QVsrRrZyPVtY0fLhi6dagxbIqQEpRYENULUISg-wfFChX6YR6VRpI7GbPEM_JAgbnZHVlgfJqbeFzmxsyHrOs-KAuCsKPmAFzENLQe_h08tPGybNYlu8NOZEfZa4jplxLZ_JuObixttMAl-ANf-oo6wq_vkdnotrW3aA1iofMaQl4axfUE1Ip5pdrwp7tA3-keM2TRp5KJA=w1263-h947-no?authuser=0

• Thumbsup 2

29 minutes ago, nomikem said:

Just bolted up the Heli bar risers. Pretty slick setup. Should be more comfortable on those long days. (Note the break line extension)

Link to pics 

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtlYWJL1zXJxgcpdGGv6n14VdzqnYg

Is there any drilling or key/lugs that the stock bars have you need to deal with?

• Supporting Member

I have the Heli bar risers fitted on my 9GT. There is still slack on the brake line.👍 Was the extension a matter of personal choice ? 🤔

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

First time out on the bike this year, as usual because it was first registered in March 2017 the first run out is to the local MOT station. (that's the Ministry of Transport approved testing garage for our foreign members) for its annual safety inspection. It was a very cool 4 degrees C and the roads a bit damp  from a drizzly light rain but it was so nice to have the bike out of its hibernation when I put it off the road in November. It felt so lively and smooth, now was that because I did the valve clearances and throttle bodies last November or because I've taken the beak off? Just a bit of road tax to buy now and I can get out to enjoy some more.

Beakless.jpg

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

I finished it! Introducing the Tarmac Faction Tracer900 GT!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.575fdf6c08e0d3dfaeb23150a5bd999e.jpeg

Using the absolute BEST the industry has to offer from:

rapidbikeusa
rg_crashprotection
spieglerperformance
gilles.drivenbyfunction
seatconcepts
dymagwheels
mwr_racingairfilters_official
proti.ffr
officinezard
samcosport
racebikebitz
tstindustries
mra_windshields

Graphics designed by us at Tarmac Faction, produced by undergroundgrfx

#beapartofthefaction
#tarmacfaction

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 2:55 PM, texscottyd said:

That’s a Cal Sci tinted shorty.  I like the looks, and it works well with the lower bar risers I use.  The airflow is smooth, and nicely balances the slightly more pronounced forward lean with this ergonomic layout.  

It’s almost like I’m trying to convert my FJ back to its FZ9 roots:  smaller screen, no hand guards, lower bars, etc.  

Mines been like that for most of it's life - it just gets the basic kit during winter or long road trips.  Otherwise, minimal Puig sport windscreen, no handguards, hardcases on a shelf, etc.  Handguards go on occasionally, as with them on I can slap on the OBR ADV 3/4 grip mitts for long cold and/or wet rides, but they stay off otherwise as they don't really do much of anything anyways.  

Ends up being basically an MT09 with a stretched swingarm and bigger gas tank, which works well for me :)

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Finally tackled the valve clearance check, a bit late at 20,000mi. Found two gaps on the exhaust around .20mm, all the rest were near .25mm(my feelers don't have all the right sizes) 

I brought all the intake shims to .15, and all the exhaust shims to .28 by sanding them wet on 600grit paper. 

The bike had been running a little bit rough lately, and this made it all smooth again. I'm excited to get back on the road once this wind storm blows away. 

• Thumbsup 2

On 2/27/2023 at 8:40 PM, Clegg78 said:

Is there any drilling or key/lugs that the stock bars have you need to deal with?

Nope! No drilling or lugs, pretty straight forward. unbolt the caps, push the bars forward, drop in the risers and reseat the bars, put the caps back on, tighten after you check steering lock to lock clearance.

Edited by nomikem
clarification

On 2/28/2023 at 11:27 AM, Kenny A. said:

I have the Heli bar risers fitted on my 9GT. There is still slack on the brake line.👍 Was the extension a matter of personal choice ? 🤔

Heli recommended the extension! The risers may have fit without the extension, but it would have been very tight.

• Thumbsup 1

On 3/1/2023 at 12:56 PM, pgeldz said:

I finished it! Introducing the Tarmac Faction Tracer900 GT!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.575fdf6c08e0d3dfaeb23150a5bd999e.jpeg

Using the absolute BEST the industry has to offer from:

rapidbikeusa
rg_crashprotection
spieglerperformance
gilles.drivenbyfunction
seatconcepts
dymagwheels
mwr_racingairfilters_official
proti.ffr
officinezard
samcosport
racebikebitz
tstindustries
mra_windshields

Graphics designed by us at Tarmac Faction, produced by undergroundgrfx

#beapartofthefaction
#tarmacfaction

Love the look of the black and yellow graphics!

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

My cruise control would not disengage sometimes when the rear brake was applied, or I'd have to really apply some force to get it to drop out, so I changed out my cheap hydraulic brake switch for a more expensive one and now it's switching as it should with only light pressure.  Did a brake fluid change and bleed while at it of course.

image.thumb.jpeg.fdef0958ef29bb49f515bbf8bfae7c7d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3b1f966887b147ef6abe60067e20c05b.jpeg

Also bit the bullet and reinstalled some after market multi-function Yamaha front and rear indicators that include DRLs at the front with position and brake incorporated into the rear.  While at it I went the extra mile and used the third position on the front bike side OEM connectors to incorporate the running light wire.  I believe this is standard wiring on US version bikes - and maybe Europe?

image.jpeg.c9533e786ef66622fdef329300e0c17a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.89ff96c071944f18d2b82b8177b98def.jpeg

• Thumbsup 4