What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

11 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

You need FendaExtenda F&R

They really help a lot.

Never figured out why people Bob the rear unless they never ride in the wet...

Yeah, I suspect a lot of people either don't ride in poor weather or live in dry places where rain isn't super common.  Getting that spray up your back and (worst part) up into the back of your helmet then down your neck is the worst. It's awful.  

So much so that I'm *very* choosey even about tail tidies these days.  I appreciate the look a lot, but... ugh.  First day when you're on a big motorcycle trip and need to log a whole day riding in rain and you change your mind REAL FAST.

• Thumbsup 2

Finally got around to putting an anti-glare protector on the dash of my '19. Doesn't completely remove the glare, as the screen still gets washed out in direct sunlight but it definitely cuts down on the eye-piercing reflection that would always be shining at me when it was mid-day.

Also got Hotwired heated gloves, makes such a difference even if they don't completely bake my hands.

• Supporting Member
On 3/22/2023 at 6:52 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

You need FendaExtenda F&R. They really help a lot.

I have the rear extender and it does help a bit there. I spent time over the winter picking out pieces of gooey asphalt from between the headers and in the oil cooler area... so yeah I think I will look into doing the front too. 👍

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
On 3/22/2023 at 5:36 PM, Wintersdark said:

So much so that I'm *very* choosey even about tail tidies these days.  I appreciate the look a lot, but... ugh. 

I feel this on a deeply spiritual level.  😀

Non-issue on the FJ, where all I did was bolt the license plate directly to the stock rear fender…  with the saddle bags always in place, it’s fine.   

But with my Speed Twin, I’ve realized that I’m more vain that I would like to admit:  My back gets soaked if my neighbors have watered their yard, but it just looks soooooo much better than with the stock monstrosity of a rear fender appendage.   Hey, it’s supposed to be fair weather bike only, right?  🤷‍♂️

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member

Prior to starting any Spring maintenance, both the big gal and her little sister needed a bath, both were covered with brown road grime from winter riding.

image.thumb.png.f592e40f9d916f50758e8674bd64ed6f.png

image.thumb.png.43c3453f27f97f04030f117f090c9ab2.png

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, ItsTracerTime said:

Finally got around to putting an anti-glare protector on the dash of my '19. Doesn't completely remove the glare, as the screen still gets washed out in direct sunlight but it definitely cuts down on the eye-piercing reflection that would always be shining at me when it was mid-day.

Also got Hotwired heated gloves, makes such a difference even if they don't completely bake my hands.

The biggest gripe I have with the Instrument screen is I see my high viz jacket and Hit-Air vest!

Since I brought up and out my mirrors I also get blinded with them.

I also brightened the display a couple of notches

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, piotrek said:

I have the rear extender and it does help a bit there. I spent time over the winter picking out pieces of gooey asphalt from between the headers and the cooling pipes... so yeah I think I will look into doing the front too. 👍

The extender does more really to keep the shock clean and secondarily you

Sealing up the 2 holes in stock hugger is also critical to keeping the shock cleaner 

My SW Mototech skid plate and the fendaextenda for me keeps the pipes etc cleaner

Using A paint sealer on the engine and other bits the don't get too hot also makes cleaning easier

• Supporting Member
48 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Brian what did you do with the back of your FJ

I see aftermarket turn signals and it looks like your plate is up under your tail light.

Right after purchasing the bike (wow, that was a long time ago - 7 years) I purchased a cheap tail tidy from Ebay and the turn signals are the X-Arc LED signals  Due to material shortages he stopped producing them, so they are no longer (temporarily???) available. 

I tried a few different LED signals but they were either flimsy or not super bright, the X-Arc are machined aluminum and VERY BRIGHT.  With a sharp eye, you can see I adapted a set to the front as well.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

This July will be 7 years for me too!

Almost 25 for my VTR!

43 for my RD400...

I just stayed stock and installed very bright LED 2-way "bulbs" in the front and rear but the rears are fronts with a + wire added for the running lights and a low-load flasher, and an auxiliary LED brake light strip on the back edge of the top case rack; the Custom LED tail light unit with built-in flashers and programmable brake function and my  amber LED position light strip on the side covers balance things out and seem to keep cagers behind and to the side at bay very nicely.  The headlight modulator and front turn/running lights along with the twin driving lights take care of head-on threats well too.

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

The extender does more really to keep the shock clean and secondarily you Sealing up the 2 holes in stock hugger is also critical to keeping the shock cleaner

I do have the baffle on the inside of the fender, and it does a good job... but even with the extender, there is no escaping getting the shock area filthy on longer trips. I'd throw a sock on it if it were easy, but meh... nature of the sport.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Finally after 2 months of ownership of my 2019 Tracer I had a first chance to take her out (10C no rain or snow and pretty clean roads).  With 12000km on it she runs very smooth. Heated grips worked as they should and wind deflector on the top of the stock windscreen too. Seems like she is more stable in the straight line on high speeds compering to my previously owned 2015 and 2017 FJ09. Noticed that A mode works better. Much smoother. So far so good. And here she is before (2 months ago) stock and after (today) with wind deflector, beak, radiator grill, Garmin gps, Oxford heated grips, short adjustable clutch and breaks levers, SW Motech tank bag, engine protection and skid plate, adventure Yamaha foot pegs, removed passenger pegs, kick stand enlarged plate, mesh seat cover, luggage rack with Givi top case, heated gear and charger connectors, and wheel stripes. Still waiting for auxiliary lights to be delivered. And yes suspension set up was one of the first. And 4l/100 km fuel consumption. Great.

BA4365E6-D4FE-443A-81F6-2378458D4BB3.png

491C57E3-6FAF-46E0-8760-9EFB7246EB6A.jpeg

Edited by Rick123
  • Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Replaced the throttle cables. 

Since buying the bike new, the throttle pull has always felt fairly stiff, especially riding back to back on my buddys identical '15 FJ, the bike operated fine so I just lived with it as is. 

I finally overcame my laziness and now the new cable is in place and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!, it feels like a brand new bike.

The free turning throttle really emphasizes the CP3's sharp throttle response, I took it out for a 200 mile shake down ride on twisty back roads, SO much fun, A mode now feels like A+ mode. 😎

• Thumbsup 2