What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Today I fitted the RAM mount for my Garmin 2610 and fitted the Oxford X30 tankbag. Then rode 50 miles to get a Tutoro chain oiler from the factory in Lydney.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Today, aside from spending a lot on washing machine repair for our broken washing machine and waiting for the repair guy to meet his "scheduled" appointment of between noon and 6PM, I figured out that the connection for the clutch sensor switch wasn't connected. That's the one that allows the bike to be started if the bike's in gear already as long as the clutch lever is pulled in. It was just barely sitting in the socket under the handlebar on the clutch side, but was NOT actually connected. A long, thin screwdriver and a couple of pushes took care of that (couldn't get a finger in there, but the screwdriver did the deed fine).

Hey, presto! Bike starts in gear with the clutch lever pulled in just fine, now.
Don't follow. Don't lead. Don't join.

• Premium Member
Dropped it off @ Traxxion Dynamics to get a Penske 8983 and AK20's installed. Will be a couple weeks at least and will update with pics and a short riding impression.
Nice, I hope you had a chance to try the suspension out stock so you can give us a good comparison. Nice mods by the way. I hope you will avail us with a genuine individual review when you get your bike back from TD. super_zpsd4x7by7h.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Went out on a chill ride on my FZ today with a buddy who left his R-6 at home and took his Victory. So, i got to actually see the scenery.

Going up to Stanley, Idaho tomorrow and will bring my Sony cam.

[attachment id=6" thumbnail="1]

Those are the bags that I will be going with. I really like soft bags and they don't break when you low side or drop the bike. And the reflection is an awesome safety feature. 

I am kind of torn between soft luggage and the hard bag set up. I tihnk the hard bags actually look quite nice on the bike and they seem to function well. It would also be nice to be able to take my luggage off and bring it with me for a change. I like the reflective on that there. 
Did you need any extra hardware to keep them from bouncing underneath into the wheel well area?

My hard case mounting stays arrived from the USA today (they are not available to order in the UK). It only took a couple of weeks to arrive via USPS.

It didn't take long to fit them, and they are very strong and solid. My hard city cases fit on very securely and look really good on the bike.

I couldn't be more pleased  :) 8-)

Accessories finally started arriving...

Added the Rizoma oil filler cap (red cap looks great on the grey bike), second accessory outlet, Yamaha GPS stay, Yamaha front LED signals (waiting on the eliminator before installing the rear), rim tape and the soft bags.

Can't wait for the rest to show up...

Guest bmidd
Mirror extenders fitted today no more looking at elbows  8-)
Did you get the Kouba extenders? I have a black set sitting here waiting to go on after mine gets back home. Hopefully it will get my elbows out of the picture!

• Premium Member
My friend and I yanked apart the hard case locks and removed the tumblers.....using a one by one trial and error method we manged to use 4 out of the five tumblers in different locations to enable the use of the ignition key.  The main bike key now works on case locks and I threw the case lock keys in the trash.  :D