What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Did some more messing about with the lighting on the bike.  Got the CustomLED integrated tail light installed and programmed the way i like it.  Mounted the Proton Flushmounts.

Than went out and put a 150 miles or so on the bike.

Lovin the bike more every mile.

• Premium Member
My friend and I yanked apart the hard case locks and removed the tumblers.....using a one by one trial and error method we manged to use 4 out of the five tumblers in different locations to enable the use of the ignition key.  The main bike key now works on case locks and I threw the case lock keys in the trash.  :D
This would have been a fantastic "how to" if you had documented the process and included pictures. Maybe somebody else can? 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I did manage to re-key all 3 factory Yamaha hard bags to use the ignition key today. I have the FJ-09 Yamaha side cases, and ordered the lockset for them. It came with 3 locks. I also ordered the 50L Yamaha top case, and the lockset that goes with that. The only part of the trunk lockset that I used was the black aluminum tumbler housing, into which I installed the extra side case tumbler. The top case lockset tumbler takes its own specific key blank, so I elected not to use that tumbler. It is an extra.  But you still need to order the topcase lock tumbler, as you need that specific black aluminum lock surround, that the tumbler fits into, and also, the rectangular aluminum tumbler back plate that fits in the rectangular orange recess of the trunk to provide the locking action.

So, to re-cap, I re-keyed all 3 of my lock tumblers, so now they all use the ignition key. One key for the whole bike. I was able to do this by just swapping the little pins that the key fits through, that are held in the tumblers. I did have to file down 2 pins, so they are flush with the OD of the tumbler when the key is inserted.

Note: If you do this job, make sure you have a clean and tidy working surface. The tumblers have 5 pins and 5 corresponding tiny, tiny springs. It would be easy to lose these springs. I only had to file or sand down 2 pins total to get all locksets to work, with all 3 tumblers still housing 5 pins.

Note #2: The tutorials online that I read describe the pins as being different size.  This isn't really the case.  What changes from pin to pin is the location of the key slot.  Some are biased more towards the top, others more towards the bottom.  These are very small differences, and not easy to discern.  I hung them all from a precision screw driver shaft so I could compare how the tops and bottoms matched up.

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Installed ASV C/5 levers. Was having to strain to pull the stock levers in.

Haven't ridden with them yet, but predict my confidence will increase with increased control.
Pix, please?   I too am a bit concerned at the pull required of the clutch...   And the source of these if you don't mind. L of S[em]Brisbane, Australia[/em]

i tossed on the tail tidy by ryan and the LED blinky light fz09 prototype from motodynamics. rear end is clean with a smaller plate and no turn signals. gonna look for an led for the lp light and figure out what i want to do about the front blinkers to shrink them, preferably flush mounted.

Had the dealer install LED light strips in the lens of the OEM 39 liter top case and a 3.25 inch LED light strip on each of the hard bags. Greatly increased visibility to rear traffic. 

G8r