• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Ermax sport screen. Satin or light black?

air

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
I'm 5'11" I have the Ermax Sport windshield. I have used it in low position and high position. The Helmet buffeting is bad. The windshield looks good but that's it. I put the stock windshield back on and it's much better IMHO. Going with the taller Ermax touring shield. I'll report back on it once I get it.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
I'm 5'11" I have the Ermax Sport windshield. I have used it in low position and high position. The Helmet buffeting is bad. The windshield looks good but that's it. I put the stock windshield back on and it's much better IMHO. Going with the taller Ermax touring shield. I'll report back on it once I get it.
The touring looks great also, but has terrible buffeting and noise. I gave mine away.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
The touring looks great also, but has terrible buffeting and noise. I gave mine away.
Bummer! I'm doing a swap out with my dealer so I'll still try it. I'll keep the forum posted on my experience with it. I think the difference between the ermax sport and the stock windshield is two fold, one the stock windshield is angled up a little more and it's about an inch to an inch and a half taller. I noticed right away with the stock that my helmet was quieter and I could ride at up to 45 mph with my visor open where with the Ermax I'd have to close my visor because I was getting full wind. THe wind noise with the ermax sport was to the point of I couldn't hear my engine (stock exhaust) above 45 mph.

I have the light black touring model, I like it but I needed to add on my X-Creen deflector. The wind was much smoother then the stock screen BUT... it would smack me directly in the middle of the visor. After I added the deflector it gets it right at the top of my helmet in the highest position. Still, $100 for the Touring screen and $115 for the X-Creen isn't exactly cheap.

Oh and I really wish the hand guard cutouts were bigger so that it won't get in the way, the way it comes you need to have it at the lowest setting. I have mine on high but stuck some of the fuzzy half of velcro on the side to keep it from scratching the hand guards too bad.

• Premium Member
Yep, 6' tall. Ermax touring is terribly noisy! So I've tried the Ermax shorty...sucked. Ermax touring...sucked. Calsci shorty...nice! Got the new Givi 2122S today from Italy...nice on a short ride! More impressions and pictures tomorrow. Looks fantastic on the bike! s-l500.jpg

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member

Yep, 6' tall. Ermax touring is terribly noisy! So I've tried the Ermax shorty...sucked. Ermax touring...sucked. Calsci shorty...nice! Got the new Givi 2122S today from Italy...nice on a short ride! More impressions and pictures tomorrow. Looks fantastic on the bike! s-l500.jpg

What's the verdict, Clint? This one is definitely on my short list along with the CalSci shorty.

• Premium Member
I have the light black touring model, I like it but I needed to add on my X-Creen deflector. The wind was much smoother then the stock screen BUT... it would smack me directly in the middle of the visor. After I added the deflector it gets it right at the top of my helmet in the highest position. Still, $100 for the Touring screen and $115 for the X-Creen isn't exactly cheap.  
Oh and I really wish the hand guard cutouts were bigger so that it won't get in the way, the way it comes you need to have it at the lowest setting. I have mine on high but stuck some of the fuzzy half of velcro on the side to keep it from scratching the hand guards too bad.
Exactly what I found with the Ermax touring windshield. Just got back from a ride with it and at 5'11'' it is quieter than stock windshield but the wind hits me right at the top half of my helmet visor. Looks like I'll be adding the X-Creen deflector or possibly going with the GIVI...

Archived