Who has the most miles on the FJ so far?

workn2ride posted a hair over 20,000 in another thread. That's some riding! I'll cross over the 1000 mile mark this week and so far no major issues. Hearing some timing chain rattle so I might run it by the dealer and see what they have to say

• Premium Member
I've got 9 miles on mine.  Just picked it up from Power Yam. in Sublimity, OR.
That's the place to go for a GREAT deal!  $ 8999. out the door.  And if you are
an Oregon resident NO Sales tax.. No set up or delivery fees! 
Ask for Shane for a super deal. 

3100, but more time in shop for not starting than in my possession. An issue since day one. Not happy with this yamaha. Otherwise decent bike.
2001 Honda Saber - sold
2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold
2005 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2007 Yamaha Vstar 1300 - sold
2008 Kawasaki Versys - sold
2009 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2010 Yamaha Raider - sold
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - sold
2014 Yamaha FJR - sold
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 - lemon back to dealer
2016 Yamaha FJ -09

I find it interesting how many people say it is the best bike they have ever owned. I suppose there is a tendency to say that about whatever bike you currently own, but some have had a number of different bikes for comparison.

This is the first street bike I have ever owned and did consider many different bikes before I finally bought. Seems like it was a good choice. Powerful, light handling but heavy enough to be stable on the highway, and comfortable.

Glad to see there haven't been many common problems yet as well.

I find it interesting how many people say it is the best bike they have ever owned. I suppose there is a tendency to say that about whatever bike you currently own, but some have had a number of different bikes for comparison.  
This is the first street bike I have ever owned and did consider many different bikes before I finally bought. Seems like it was a good choice. Powerful, light handling but heavy enough to be stable on the highway, and comfortable.

Glad to see there haven't been many common problems yet as well.
Yeah, you are going to get some bias on a fourm dedicated to a specific bike.  While I don't think it's perfect, it does fit what I'm looking for in a bike far better than anything else I have seen on the market.   

Other people may be looking for different things in a bike and that's ok. In other words, insert the obligatory YMMV here.  No pun intended.  lol.  Just kidding, the pun wasn't intended at first, but now it is most definitely intended.  Can we put the YMMV pun into Schrodinger's box so it is both intended and unintended at the same time?

Every bike and person is different and they all have their own best uses. The other bikes I've had have their own specific use to me and the FJ09 just does everything.

I've got just shy of 8000 miles on mine and no serious issues so far, I'm gonna see if I can hit 10k this year. Only time will tell how far I'll make it

Archived