Puig Touring screen

nihilist

Is it possible to see through the dark smoke screen at night?I like the dark smoke more but if it is going to be a problem to night ride then definitely going to buy the light smoked one
I initially found the screen so dark that it was hard to see obstacles directly in front of me (I can see over the screen about 15 feet out), but I've adjusted to it since then and it doesn't bother me any longer.  It is extremely dark and at night it's very difficult to see through it, but again it's only an issue for the patch of ground right in front of you. 
I would seriously consider the light smoke if I were buying again.
//QED

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello, I was wondering what model Shad saddlebags you have on your FJ-09 and do they use the 3 point mounting system similar to Yamahas? They look very nice on your bike. I am interested in the SH36's but their website does not show them available for the FJ. Thanks!
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• 5 months later...
After reading this review I ordered mine and it arrived today, complete with hand guard displacers. I opted for the adjustable visor on the top to give me as many options as possible. Lookiing forward to fitting it, but may just trim the guards rather then use the displacers.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Anyone know if the hand guard displacer, that seems necessary, works with the led knuckleguard kit?
Yes, they work together. I drilled another hole through the inner guard for the wire as there is a gap between the two elements now. 
Very happy with my screen. Mine has the optional adjustable lip and I can genuinely ride at 90 with no wind noise if the lip is in the highest position and the seat is in the lowest. It's a bit eerie actually. I'm 6ft 2 so the combination would easily accommodate more vertically challenged riders.

My only grip is that I don't like having the top of the screen in my eye line, so have put the seat back in the high position and the turbulence just hits the top of my helmet at 70. Weirdly, as I accelerate the air flow automatically closes my visor !

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
Just received my hand guard displacing kit from Puig USA.... free of charge. I simply asked the selling vendor Motostarz to request on my behalf, and voila!
After reading the above I called my vendor and requested the hand guard displacer kit.  It arrived today.   :)

• 2 weeks later...