Puig Touring screen

nihilist

Where did you guys find the best price on this? Thanks! And is the displacer kit supposed to come with, or must I ask for it?

...I am in Canada (Ontario), and found my best price at Motostarz in BC, and clear screen was not in stock so I had to wait a week+. You're best to ask for the displacing kit when you order and have them confirm that they will ask on your behalf. The kit will come directly from Puig USA.
Thanks! I'm thinking about the clear and noticed the on-line pics at Revzilla etc. show no matt finish on the lower portion of the clear, all clear.  Early production pics maybe?  I like the matt finish and would like to be sure I'm getting it if I go this route.

SoCal
2015 FJ-09 Red of course :)

• Premium Member
Where did you guys find the best price on this? Thanks! And is the displacer kit supposed to come with, or must I ask for it?

I bought mine on Ebay from Motorcyclegear2 $164 shipped.  It has the matt finish at the bottom.  Those pics must be early production.  I emailed Motorcyclegear2 and requested the displacer kit.  It arrived in only 3 days. 

One more question, sorry if this was already talked about, I've read so many windshield threads I'm half blind now.

Anyway, after mounting the metal support bracket, is the windshield held to it with metal or plastic screws? Looked at the on-line instructions and wasn't sure.
SoCal

One more question, sorry if this was already talked about, I've read so many windshield threads I'm half blind now. 
Anyway, after mounting the metal support bracket, is the windshield held to it with metal or plastic screws? Looked at the on-line instructions and wasn't sure.
They are metal hex screws that have a rubber covered nut that attached them to the bracket.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

They are metal hex screws that have a rubber covered nut that attached them to the bracket.
Thanks! 
SoCal

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
@piotrek I noticed that mine had done the same thing. Didn't really bother me because they still hold the windscreen so I left them for now.. cracks and all...

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

ebay is your friend piotrek. Link to UK version and you'd need to check the diameter of the thread, this was just a guess

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-M5-Rubber-Well-Nuts-Motorcycle-Fairing-c-w-Screws-Washers-/151127175189?hash=item232fe1b015:m:mONeBChqUtVws7nj9TqKo9w

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 3 months later...
First post. Had my Tracer since December and hated the standard screen from the moment I rode it, shame as it ruins an otherwise amazing bike!

I have a short powerbronze screen on the bike now, but still struggle with wind noise (even though its greatly reduced).

After reading this thread I have ordered a Puig Touring screen today!
I have some KTM handguards to fit so hopefully wont need to worry about clearance there :)
  • Thumbsup 1

Arrived yesterday and all fitted up! Amazing how nice it is to ride with the visor open and listen to the induction roar! Does give a weird feeling when riding but I think thats just because I haven't had a big screen on a bike before! You do feel the buffeting from big vehicles a bit more though.

Also got a cardon hugger and fender extender to fit. What glue to use? Will start another thread

I recently purchased a gently used 2015.  A Puig touring screen was included but not installed. The previous owner told me the handguards hit. He used it once. I removed the outer part of the guard and installed. I didn't receive any literature. Was the fitment issue mentioned?

At 5'8" I can look over the shield if I maintain proper posture. Looking forward to quiet and temps above 20.