FJ vs. Versys vs. Vstrom

• Premium Member
A very nice comparo over on the Motorcyclist website between the Versys 1000, FJ-09 and V-Strom 1000. 

So many of their comments and impressions, in my opinion, were spot on. The Versys 1000 comes away with 1st place, FJ-09 second and V-Strom 3rd, but 2 of the 3 riders in their "Off the Record" comments chose the FJ-09 as the one they'd pick! No surprise there. For me the additional weight and cost of both the Versys and V-Strom remove them from my consideration. I already have a heavy sport touring bike and the FJ-09 fulfills my greatest requirement....IT'S FUN!!!

Motorcyclist Lightweight Adv Comparo
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
A very nice comparo over on the Motorcyclist website between the Versys 1000, FJ-09 and V-Strom 1000.  
So many of their comments and impressions, in my opinion, were spot on. The Versys 1000 comes away with 1st place, FJ-09 second and V-Strom 3rd, but 2 of the 3 riders in their "Off the Record" comments chose the FJ-09 as the one they'd pick! No surprise there. For me the additional weight and cost of both the Versys and V-Strom remove them from my consideration. I already have a heavy sport touring bike and the FJ-09 fulfills my greatest requirement....IT'S FUN!!!

I just read that also. Everything they complain about on the F-Jay I have already fixed so I guess I have the perfect motorcycle. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I have just been invited to the local Suzuki dealer's demo day, with the Suzuki GB bandwagon.

There does not seem to be anything in the range I fancy riding. The Vstrom and 1250 Bandit are nice bikes for the money on paper but just too bloody heavy.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I just read that also. Everything they complain about on the F-Jay I have already fixed so I guess I have the perfect motorcycle.

+1 changed the windshield, ordered new handsavers, the footpegs from the super tenere to reduce vibration, and after that I'm pretty sure the bike will be perfect!

Really had a hard time deciding between the Versys 1000 and the FJ 09.
Took me 2 weeks and A LOT of research to decide on the FJ.
Glad I did. It is just what I wanted out of a bike. Very much like my 13 Multistrada that I am getting too many miles on.
Will write up a full review soon.
RC

• Premium Member
Really had a hard time deciding between the Versys 1000 and the FJ 09. Took me 2 weeks and A LOT of research to decide on the FJ.
Glad I did. It is just what I wanted out of a bike. Very much like my 13 Multistrada that I am getting too many miles on.
Will write up a full review soon.
RC
Me too.  I negotiated a very good deal on the big Versys and just about pulled the trigger - but I went back to the Yamaha dealer today for another look and closed the deal on a grey one today.  It's just a bike I felt more emotional about. I pick it up Saturday! 

Archived