Perfect Mirror Extenders for the FJ-09!

Just curious but how do you tighten the mirror extender without marring the finish? They don't seem to have place to put a wrench to them. Also, do you know if they my 1" extenders? I think I could get by with slightly less than than a full 2-inches of extension.

Just curious but how do you tighten the mirror extender without marring the finish? They don't seem to have place to put a wrench to them. Also, do you know if they my 1" extenders? I think I could get by with slightly less than than a full 2-inches of extension.
I just used the mirror to help it in. They're not hard to put on. You can also use the retention nut on the mirror to help tighten it down. Since it's all connected.

I ordered the same extenders directly from Kouba link. They were great to work with. Immediate response to my inquiry and no charge for shipping.

Their site did not indicate that they made shorter links but you might be able to email them and see if they can work something up.

To tighten them down i just screwed the mirrors into the extender and use the mirror stalk to completely tighten the extender into the mount.

Just tested them out for the first time and they make a really big difference.

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone post the link to those mirror extenders ? It seems GSORider is not a member of the forum anymore... TIA
Odd that when someone leaves the board that all their posts get deleted.  Very strange indeed.  GSORider had some good information on this board and it will be missed.

Can someone post the link to those mirror extenders ? It seems GSORider is not a member of the forum anymore... TIA
Odd that when someone leaves the board that all their posts get deleted.  Very strange indeed.  GSORider had some good information on this board and it will be missed.

He decided to leave us on his own accord and deleted his account on his way out the door.

He did post some good info and hopefully more people will step up and post more good info.