Perfect Mirror Extenders for the FJ-09!

I put on the Koubalink mirror extenders some riders raved about. They certainly do move the view angle past your elbows. But not one mention that you will have increased blurring at some RPM's. Funny that.
I think the blurring is a small price to pay for not having to remove my hands from the bars, just to see what is behind me!  After putting on the extenders,  I may not be able to tell you what kind of car is behind me, but I can tell a car is behind me and how far away it is!   Even if it is a bit blurry.   Good enough for me.  :D

Those mirror extenders (the koubalinks) rock. Fit perfect and look like they belong. Now I can see behind me. I like the low strength loctite (purple, not blue medium strength) for these beauties since that's plenty to keep the fine threads tight and makes it easier to get them off, just in case.

Gotta agree with basstodave. Love the view the extenders give me, but they do seem to buzz more at speed. Moreso than I noticed before the installation. But I can at least see SOMETHING behind me. Still worth the money.

I Just received and installed my pair of Kouba Link Mirror Extenders. This is definitely the best mod I have done so far ! Installed in 5 min.

Do I really need to put some locktite on threads ?

As reported by others, I also did notice vibrations, not necessarely more, but rather at different RPM than stock.
They do not produce more noise on my helmet (with my short windscreen).

Thanks again for this info !

I didn't use any locktite, and just checked them again after seeing your post... still nice and snug after 1500 miles.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

• 1 month later...
I've finally had an opportunity to ride my bike, and the Kouba mirror extenders are my favorite mod thus far. The mirrors actually work, without requiring me to fold my arms in like a freezing anorectic bird. And, if you aren't intimately familiar with the FJ-09, you would never notice that there are mirror extenders installed. They match very well, same circumference, etc etc. The Kouba extenders are well worth the cost for USA consumers. (shipping)
There is no shipping cost if these are purchased directly from the manufacturers site. 
They were very easy to work with and very responsive to emails etc...

Highly recommend going to them vs the distributor i saw charging ridiculous shipping charges.

Well I tried to use the quote function and failed miserably, see previous post. What I was trying to say was Monday I submitted an order for the mirror extenders direct from Koubalink directly and I've heard nothing from them. I e-mailed them yesterday morning and haven't had a response to that either. It seems like everybody has had quick service in this thread. I might have to order them from the other place and pay shipping.

Well I tried to use the quote function and failed miserably, see previous post. What I was trying to say was Monday I submitted an order for the mirror extenders direct from Koubalink directly and I've heard nothing from them. I e-mailed them yesterday morning and haven't had a response to that either. It seems like everybody has had quick service in this thread. I might have to order them from the other place and pay shipping.
http://www.koubalink.com/ 
They list on their main page that they are closed until 6/28.

This is copied from their page, "**We will be closed 5/28/15 through 6/28/15 & 12/19/15 through 1/6/16. For info and orders please contact: Carl's Cycle Sales at: www.carlscycle.com"

I bought direct from them when they were open and was happy with their service.  I get the impression they are a very small shop though.  We all need vacations, right?

I did not see that, I wish I could get some vacation like that. Thanks for the info.
You'd think they'd have an automatic reply set up, but again, it goes back to they seem like a very small shop.  

I fitted these ones: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-Mirrors-Riser-Extender-Adapter-MT-09-MT-07-Fazer-FZ-09-V-max-1700-/181450174271?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a3f45ef3f

The finish was surprisingly good, and it is a simple matter to set them up so that they don't interfere with the controls. I used Loctite, and they haven't budged.

None of the vibration issues that some have commented on, and the rear/side vision is now spot-on.

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
I fitted these ones: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-Mirrors-Riser-Extender-Adapter-MT-09-MT-07-Fazer-FZ-09-V-max-1700-/181450174271?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a3f45ef3f 
The finish was surprisingly good, and it is a simple matter to set them up so that they don't interfere with the controls. I used Loctite, and they haven't budged.

None of the vibration issues that some have commented on, and the rear/side vision is now spot-on.
Thanks for this, traceroz - I've just ordered a pair, good value at $28 inc postage.   They seem to differ from other extenders in that this item comprises a new "foot" that moves the stems and mirrors outboard by 35mm (1.5"), instead of lengthening the stems themselves by means of an insert.   I'll leave my 2" dia spot mirrors on, as IMHO they do add another layer of useful wide-angled rear vision... But - FWIW - I do not seem to experience these mirror vibes that plague some here, it seems.   Might happen when I get to 50+ kph!
L of S