Givi 2122DT Windshield

ptinstructor

• Premium Member
Haven't received it yet, but the cutouts are there to clear the handguards. A couple more observations are the winglets at the bottom and top, then the concave section at the bottom/middle. Givi's has a great reputation for fully developing their products before release, so I'm confident it will improved the stock screen, which frankly works pretty well for me as I wear earplugs on every ride. 
D2122S.jpg

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• 2 weeks later...
So it turns out that they didn't have the windscreen in stock afterall even though their website said otherwise.  They emailed me with an estimated shipping date of February.  I cancelled my order and found another vendor in Italy that will ship in time for Christmas! 
Happy Holidays,  guys! 

• Premium Member
I have this screen already. It is easy to install. I have modified it from the suggested installation in order to allow to lean back even more. So far I like it. I need more time to be sure. For me, it is much better than the stock thing. I got mine from Tour and Ride for $180.00 shipped. :)
Lefty, can you give more feedback on this screen please? Why did you modify it? Does it interfere with the hand guards at all?

Well, I've had it on for about 6k miles so far. I modified it by adding 1/2" spacers to the two bottom brackets. This effectively increased the rake by a few more degrees from stock. I had already installed a set of Rox risers, mainly to bring the bars back about 1-3/4" so there was not any handguard interference with the shield. I don't see how there could be any in the stock configuration with the amount of room the shield provides anyway. I have swapped the stockers out for KTM handguards and along with the Hippo hands I don't have any clearance issues. The shield itself gives me the coverage and noise reduction I was looking for. I have it on the highest position. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam.  :P

• 3 months later...
Any updates on how this screen performs? Looking at picking one up but would love some feedback. How is fitment, I'm 5"8 really curious if it'd be in my direct line of sight.

Also how does it look on the bike? I'm all for function over form, but at some point a massive windscreen looks down right silly. 

Mike
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

Givi 2122DT. 
Clears handguards easily, adds a space behind the instruments that could be used to mount a GPS, and creates a bubble of quiet air. Wind noise is gone. I can ride with my visor open into triple digit speeds (kph). 

Some buffetting at speed when it's in the low position. The stock mounts have a lot of movement which may be a cause.
I will try the Givi S180T shield as well to combat turbulence.

I am 180cm (5'11") with a 32inch inseam and it's about 5cm below line of sight in highest position.

This was taken on the toy run before xmas:
IMG_20151206_103057_zpsovgbqfsy.jpg

Thanks a lot for the feedback and specific info, I appreciate it. I'm going to be picking one up, it's the best looking touring windscreen IMO. Plus Givi quality is always top notch.

'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
My local shop has had major issues getting the screen from Givi direct.
Thebike is less than a month old, but put 400 miles on her the 2nd day.
Now over 1200.
Ordered the Case Guards, Side stand Foot and the Screen along with a few other things the following week after picking it up.
Was just was informed the screen is in and they basically informed me that they had to call and cancel my order and place a new order from California vs North Carolina not sure why.
The bars and foot came in within 3 to 5 days.
Been going on almost a month for the screen
2015 FJ-09, Red/Black, Hard Sidecases, Rear Rack with 39L & 50L Top Case, Tank bag with GPS cover. Comfort seat, Now Corban seat, Givi Crash Bars/Sidestand Foot/Sport Touring Windshield, Rad protector, Blaster-x taillight/flasher, HighTechSpeed Proton FZ6R flushmounts (Front) & X-Arc (Rear) additional turn signals & markers, Fender Eliminator/LED plate light. CF fenders/Front extenstion, chain protector and frame filler. Akra Ti exhaust. FTECU with Akro open tune.