Givi 2122DT Windshield

ptinstructor

• 1 month later...
Could y'all post some more pictures of your bikes with the screen? I'm considering getting this but I want to see how aesthetically it looks, and it seems finding pictures of this screen on the bike is hard to do.
I just did a Google search for "Givi 2122DT Windshield" (without the quotes) and picked the images option: 
This is the result in OZ:
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=givi+2122dt+review&newwindow=1&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwifnNOppMnUAhXGppQKHVE3AO0Q_AUIDCgD&biw=1269&bih=547#newwindow=1&tbm=isch&q=givi+2122dt

Cheers
MM

• Premium Member
Now maybe I used a few of my cheap microfiber towels that I did not wash before using but the Givi screen scratches if you just breath on it.  How scratch resistant is the Madstad being made of cast acrylic and do light scratches polish out relatively easily by hand?  I know the National Cycle screens are hard-coated polycarbonate but that their mounting system has flaws.

https://fj-09.org/thread/2137/madstad-windscreen-experience

https://madstad.com/pages/faq

2017-03-26_FJ-09_Full_frontal_View.jpg

20170609_172907.jpg

20170609_173034.jpg

20170520_154901.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 4/19/2017 at 6:43 PM, Hdgunnell said:

Could y'all post some more pictures of your bikes with the screen? I'm considering getting this but I want to see how aesthetically it looks, and it seems finding pictures of this screen on the bike is hard to do.

Here's mine. Love this screen!

20190308_175059_resized.thumb.jpg.ea356049db2edcaabba1fc341f500b43.jpg

20190308_174939_resized.thumb.jpg.72f79b917f0f652ded5c8ce31002c7a2.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

Does the 2122DT need the additional Givi kit for mounting or can it use the stock hardware?

Needs the mounting kit. 

On 9/14/2020 at 2:54 PM, Dirty Randy said:

about 20K miles into installing it my faring stay broke, I think the pressure of the massive windscreen over time was too much for it.  I installed a new one that someone welded and reinforced

My 2122DT is really.flopping around. I'm going to take some.of the plastics off and see if (1) something is broken or (2) how I can stabilize it better. Any ideas for #2?

• Premium Member

Do a search for what I did to reinforce and brace the upper and lower "stays", and replace the crappy OEM adjjuster mechanism.

Besides the Givi and opaque bikini screens I posted, I also a have a slightly larger than OEM double bubble with a clip-on spoiler which is like Goldy Locks bed.  But for cold weather and rain the Givi is tough to beat especialy with the MRW tour spoiler (also shown) along with likely the tallest Madsted...IMO

• Thumbsup 1