Anyone use deflector on stock screen?

cowboyrog

I am 6'3" 34 inches inseam. The stock screen is just barely adequate.
has anyone added a clip-on deflector to the stock screen?
how did it work?
any other suggestions to improve the overall noise level?
what are you taller guys using?
loving this bike!!!
RC

I used the Xcreen deflector with the stock screen.  It made a nominal, but noticeable, reduction in the noise level.  It was not sufficient for my liking and I'm still investigating some alternatives.  I've used the deflector mounted to the screen base, as well as trying an FZ-1 "Double Bubble" with some fabbed brackets (with and without the deflector).  So far the best (least bothersome) was just the deflector.  I'm 6' with a 32-33" inseam and ride with the seat in the upper setting.

I use a puig visor on my powerbronze screen and wanted to see how using it on the stock screen would compare. In short, there was a noticeable increase in noise compared to using it with the powerbronze screen. I certainly wouldn't have been happy with that as a solution.

I haven't tried just the stock screen for a while so can't say what difference it made to that really.

Im 5'9" with 31" inseam.

• Premium Member
I use a puig visor on my powerbronze screen and wanted to see how using it on the stock screen would compare. In short, there was a noticeable increase in noise compared to using it with the powerbronze screen. I certainly wouldn't have been happy with that as a solution. 
I haven't tried just the stock screen for a while so can't say what difference it made to that really.

Im 5'9" with 31" inseam.
I pioneered the Puig visor on the Powerbronze screen but my dimensions are much closer to my disciple cobby7 than your's :)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Used one on of these http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-clip-on-windscreen-visor on my stock screen and it was a day/night difference...  quieter, less buffeting and made it very tolerable...  I have since installed a PUIG touring screen and will add my lip to that for the next long ride.  I am 5'9" and at the time i was using low seat position as well..

• Premium Member
Have a laminar lip on my stock screen. Definite improvement, but I'm 5'10, not 6'3. I'd be concerned it wouldn't be tall enough for you. At your height, I'd think the screen in the low position would be good.

• 4 years later...