removed handguards

I think the hand guards should go on the snow blower next to the FJ in the garage? The FJ looks retarded without them!
Good idea, those stock hand guards would make any snow blower even uglier!  ::) 
IMHO the stock hand guards make the FJ-09 look terrible. Worst looking. Hand guards. Ever!
They look a little Batman...ish..., but unique! They are an acquired taste perhaps.  
STUFF EVERYTHING - I'VE ALWAYS GOT MY BIKE!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
I pulled my hand guards off as well to gain some clearance on the sides. I am noticing a pretty wicked vibration in the bars now considering I pulled almost 2 lbs off the ends of them! Has anyone had any experience with the Vibranator bar inserts or any other brand that is supposed to dampen vibration? I could add some weight to the outside, but don't want to add anymore length.

I think the snow blower would look pretty mean with the fj-09 guards on it lol!

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got around to my project of making the stock hand guards more practical. I wanted the stock guards so that I can install the LED's on them to be more visible at night as I commute 120 miles a day. I only have the right side done at the moment. So far with the limited testing I have done they work well and are stable up to 105 MPH. Here are the pics of the right side done and to compare the left side is still stock.

As you can see from this view it is a huge difference.
2220151227_171005_zpsgbkldx8m.jpg
20151227_170959_zpsi9kukeml.jpg
20151227_170834_zpszohhnocp.jpg
20151227_1722371_zpstf97fr38.jpg
20151227_172248_zpspz8fq1ao.jpg

I like it. Plus I could get a bar end throttle lock. And more importantly a new bar. I want something that sweeps back a bit more.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

I like it. Plus I could get a bar end throttle lock. And more importantly a new bar. I want something that sweeps back a bit more.
These can sweep back. All you have to do is loosen the mirror and move it back. I will see if I can do that and get a pic. 

I just got what you were saying. A bar that sweeps back. I agree, I Don't like the bend on the stock bar myself. 

Yup, my hands have been hurting more than ever before while riding. Mostly the way these bars force my thumb into an odd posture has been giving me grief.
Could also be it's cold and I'm getting older. I have noticed all the parts that mount on the handlebars have little set pegs to hold them in place. Means I would have to drill the new bars or sand the pegs down.

I just got what you were saying. A bar that sweeps back. I agree, I Don't like the bend on the stock bar myself.

2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 8 months later...
Does anyone know if the fj-09 hand guards will fit the MT-10/FZ-10? I haven't taken the time to look up the bar sizes but I'm looking to make my FZ-10 look more like it and if anyone wants to either get rid of or sell the hand guards I'm interested.

Archived