Roll Call of NT/NJ Area Riders

papadage

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
swapped my fz09 for an fj09 a couple days ago. I'm in Hillsborough NJ. Always looking for twisties.
Welcome aboard! 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 4 months later...
swapped my fz09 for an fj09 a couple days ago. I'm in Hillsborough NJ. Always looking for twisties.
I might do the same.  I have a 2014 FZ-09.  I flashed the ECU, and while there is a noticeable improvement, I am not entirely happy with the throttle response.  The suspension rots and I'd like some wind protection.  Why did you switch?  Can you give a comparison. 
By the way, I am in Cedar Grove.

• 4 weeks later...
I might do the same.  I have a 2014 FZ-09.  I flashed the ECU, and while there is a noticeable improvement, I am not entirely happy with the throttle response.  The suspension rots and I'd like some wind protection.  Why did you switch?  Can you give a comparison. 
By the way, I am in Cedar Grove.

The FZ's crap suspension with the jerky throttle always had me on edge. The front and rear would chop out, the bike somehow managed to feel both harsh and too soft.  It was fun but had me wanting.  

The FJ feels more mature. The throttle response could be a bit better...I've become used to it. The suspension really smoothed out after a few thousand miles. The abs is good to know it's there. The TC I have no opinion on except that it has to be switched off in order to do wheelies.  The 200 mile range is great and the wind protection is really improved. As with all things the honeymoon is gone and the FJ doesn't make my pulse rise anymore but she has turned into my go to ride. For the $ the fz and fjs are as good as it gets right now.  I think the FJ is a keeper. (I've had over 50 bikes so that means a lot)

• 3 months later...
I'm in New Milford I ride whenever I can (not traveling for work) just bought a grey 2015. I usually ride up 9W, The Palisades, Skyline Drive up by New Milford. Once I get a better windscreen I plan on doing some rides down to Cape May and up to Rhode Islande and Maine. Anyone want to go for a group ride let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived