FJ-09 Ebay/Amazon parts thread

I also tried these engine protectors:

http://tinyurl.com/psyolnf

On the clutch lever side there is some interesting mounting ideas. Problem occurred because its not exactly right:aAMZEQ2.jpg

But I have been in contact with them and they assure me I will get it fixed. Just not when. So I will update this when they resolve it.

More Images:

http://imgur.com/a/N3dO4
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 2 months later...
Has anyone tried these brackets from ebay - "For YAMAHA MT-09 FJ-09 2015-2016 Motorcycle Accessories Handguard Wind piece Mount Bracket" ?
They look like they move the knuckle wind deflectors out and up by about an inch.
I wonder if they're meant to improve airflow.

Edit: Figured out that they may be to prevent after market screens hitting the hand guards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I bought a set. There are no instructions. This is what i came up with. Have not rode the bike yet with them,  cracked oil pan, but they might keep your hands warmer. Time will tell. Will review after new oil pan is installed and I ride the bike.

Paladin, a set of what? I see the led lights but then mention warming your hands....

nevermind,  I think you mean the things that lift the wind deflection. They look interesting because I have run out of work the last couple days without my gloves and those deflectors as is dont deflect jack. I want to pull the whole heavy mess but if these things work it would be a possibility.
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

>> I want to pull the whole heavy mess... <<

That's exactly what I did. The handguards are just plain fugly and really don't do much in the way of adding any protection from wind and/or crashes...
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

>> I want to pull the whole heavy mess... << 
That's exactly what I did. The handguards are just plain fugly and really don't do much in the way of adding any protection from wind and/or crashes...
did you add bar end weights? If so, which? thanks!
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 1 month later...
Why in the name of all things holy and unholy would you want to put that abomination on your bike? I was looking at the Triumph Explorer today thinking how much I hate the beak. Everyone wants to copy that ugly BMW beak. ARGGGHHHHHHH>

But seriously, its fugly.

Check out that front beak!!!!!! Just wish it wasn't so expensive. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BGPYMGU?keywords=fj-09&qid=1456379488&ref_=sr_1_18&sr=8-18

2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
It does look like a cheap price BUT when you add in the shipping
Cost of $49.00  to the item price of $49.99 it's really not that
Hot a deal... Just more stuff fm China!!

• 3 weeks later...