FJ-09 Ebay/Amazon parts thread

• 1 month later...
I've been looking for a larger foot for the sidestand, even thought of how I could make one.  Motowerks makes a really nice one for the Versys but, alas, only that model.   For about $16 US and a 3 week wait, I think this is worth it.  Looks about as good as any of the other ( $50+ US ) ones out there.  I ordered one. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Sharing from the french FJ forum (bought one myself): http://www.ebay.fr/itm/161874964765?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=460843660829&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 15€, free delivery (took about 3 weeks for me)

1_160010.jpg
2_160010.jpg
3_160010.jpg
p1030510.jpg
photos from @pegase22 from the french forum
How much was shipping?
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Anyone ever bought these in the US?  

Looks like they'd fit the 2016 Grey color scheme really well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Folding-Extendable-Brake-Clutch-Levers-For-Yamaha-MT-09-MT-09-Tracer-2014-2016-/112050234046?var=&hash=item1a16b6e2be:m:m5CIcRIUEVJkBrM0vyMkOYg&vxp=mtr

My hesistation is the:
"Attention: Import duties, taxes and carges are not included in the item price or shipping chargest.  These charges are the buyer's responsibility.  Pleases check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional cost will be prior to bidding/buying. 

Anyone ever bought these in the US?   
Looks like they'd fit the 2016 Grey color scheme really well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Folding-Extendable-Brake-Clutch-Levers-For-Yamaha-MT-09-MT-09-Tracer-2014-2016-/112050234046?var=&hash=item1a16b6e2be:m:m5CIcRIUEVJkBrM0vyMkOYg&vxp=mtr

My hesistation is the:
"Attention: Import duties, taxes and carges are not included in the item price or shipping chargest.  These charges are the buyer's responsibility.  Pleases check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional cost will be prior to bidding/buying. 
I've bought a good number of things out of China, and have not had any trouble with these types of charges. But I'm in the U.S., so YMMV if you aren't. 

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Be Warned! I purchased some magnets which were being sold out of vendor in China and the picture made them appear like they were about the size of a penny in diameter. When they showed up, they were about 1/8" diameter. I went back and looked at the original posting, and they didn't say anything wrong, but the picture was very misleading.

Just be careful.....

Be Warned! I purchased some magnets which were being sold out of vendor in China and the picture made them appear like they were about the size of a penny in diameter. When they showed up, they were about 1/8" diameter. I went back and looked at the original posting, and they didn't say anything wrong, but the picture was very misleading. 
Just be careful.....

I have no idea what happened with my last post. That was not my post. I have this tail tidy. I really like it and easy install. The only issue is the holes don't line up with my plate. They are to close and I had to drill a hole in my plate to make it fit which makes my plate off center. I will drill a second hole to center it once I get my new sticker from my renewal and move its location as the sticker now is where the hole needs to go. Hope that makes sense.

David - I think I ordered those same magnets. My description was accurate, but I was still amazed with how small they were. I got 50 of them and play with them at work while I'm on the phone.

Physik3r - Interested to see what you think of the tail tidy.

hscooter52 - could you post up a picture or two? I have no problem drilling my plate, as I've done that plenty of times on my old bikes. It's likely because the chinese/euro plates are drilled differently. Do the stock signals fit on there? Do you have side cases?

Thanks.

I have no idea what happened with my last post. That was not my post. I have this tail tidy. I really like it and easy install. The only issue is the holes don't line up with my plate. They are to close and I had to drill a hole in my plate to make it fit which makes my plate off center. I will drill a second hole to center it once I get my new sticker from my renewal and move its location as the sticker now is where the hole needs to go. Hope that makes sense.
You're talking about the ebay one? That's not good.. I don't have equipment to drill speed holes

With most of the US plates, you can almost just punch through the plate with a pen since they are so thin.
In CA our plates are reasonably thick durable aluminum, and last for many years. I suspect you would do some serious damage to a pen while trying to poke a hole through one. Unless it was a James Bond pen of course.