FJ-09 Ebay/Amazon parts thread

• Premium Member
With most of the US plates, you can almost just punch through the plate with a pen since they are so thin.
In CA our plates are reasonably thick durable aluminum, and last for many years. I suspect you would do some serious damage to a pen while trying to poke a hole through one. Unless it was a James Bond pen of course.
ditto in Washington state, you couldn't put a hole in the plate without a drill or power tools. (or a big hammer and a punch)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Bought this rear cylinder reservoir cap off Amazon, they have a bunch of different colors. The only downside is they all say FZ-09 but the small bracket that keeps the cap from loosening covers it up nicely.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0723CM75G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

23600294_10215662411860264_2043312633_o.jpg

I also bought this front cylinder reservoir cap too:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Brake-Clutch-Oil-Reservoir-Fluid-Cap-Cover-Billet-For-YAMAHA-MT-09-FZ09/302467738852?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=601295905610&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It has yet to arrive, shipping from China of course takes forever.

• 1 year later...

A radiator guard is a sensible addition as they are much cheaper than a new radiator and they are quite vulnerable to stone chips from the wheel.

I have this one as it is a straight fit

https://evotech-performance.com/products/yamaha-mt-09-tracer-abs-radiator-guard-2015-onwards

1329F288-11B1-45CA-955E-DEF31F680E72.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

4 hours ago, chesterburnet said:

Does this in fact fit a Tracer?   If so, I'll be ordering one, as it's pretty inexpensive, and looks OK. 

Later edit: in this country at least the MT-09 is not the same as the MT-09 Tracer - though many parts and aftermarket accessories may be identical.   In any case, looking more carefully at the link, this item does not ship to Australia.  Bummer!   But thanks anyway...

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

6 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Does this in fact fit a Tracer?   If so, I'll be ordering one, as it's pretty inexpensive, and looks OK. 

Later edit: in this country at least the MT-09 is not the same as the MT-09 Tracer - though many parts and aftermarket accessories may be identical.   In any case, looking more carefully at the link, this item does not ship to Australia.  Bummer!   But thanks anyway...

That is the one I have fitted

20180720-JOD_8010.jpg

• Supporting Member
On 12/25/2018 at 3:36 PM, chesterburnet said:

I would say yes, they are necessary.  You dont want a stone or other road debris to fly into your radiator, potentially cracking it or causing a leak.  I actually had a bird fly into that area and cause quite a mess.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 weeks later...